• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.111

Toppcatt

I'm in agreement with the other Players who are AGAINST adding more of this stupid "achievement" BS. If Inno insist on keeping and adding yet even more worthless stuff like this, which is totally unrelated to how the game is running or other issues (like maybe adding Fishing Hut and Pole House to the Aid priority list), then at least give us Players the option to turn it off, as it is annoying as hell when it pops up, especially while I'm in the middle of doing things, like getting my next batch of Goods going.

I have no idea on how many of these worthless "achievements" I've managed to get, because I NEVER look at them, and I certainly don't have any showing when people look at my profile. I do know its very irritating to have them interrupt my game playing, with no way to make them just go away, other than wait however many secs the moronic Devs, decided to have them showing.

qaccy

It's interesting to me how people who don't post here simply to criticize everything Inno does is usually branded as someone who's 'bought off' by Inno or similar. I apologize if being more objective than most upsets you, but I try my best to provide feedback just like the rest but I also try to keep the 'I only care about my own game' feeling out of my feedback posts because that's the angle the developers take when designing the game.

Anyway, regarding the update itself I don't really see anything wrong with more achievements. Adding them is kind of a neutral thing and doesn't harm the game, although @sloppyjoeslayer made a good point about having some sort of option to handle achievement popups better. The rest of the update made other small improvements and fixed some bugs. As far as I can tell nothing was really made worse, so by my definition that makes it a pretty good update, even though it is a fairly low-impact update and perhaps a bit boring.

DeletedUser26154

Adding them is kind of a neutral thing and doesn't harm the game

Those pop-ups can be annoying if you are in the middle of doing something.
I get annoyed when I can't screen shot them, because I like using them for memes.
There should be an option to turn the pop-up feature on and off.
It's nice getting achievements, but the involuntary pop-ups can annoy people.

how pretty pt 2.png

Until you reach the limit of the Achievement, then you don't see them anymore.

DeletedUser12620

Hi, a question here...

What is the progress on Daily Challenges and Incidents?

DeletedUser26120

What is the progress on Daily Challenges and Incidents?
I believe this is the latest post on it:
I play on Beta. I find it useful to help me keep ahead of the curve on whats coming and what might be a possible issue for players seeking assistance from support. I am sorry, but some of you make DC out like players are getting FP and event buildings at every other click of the mouse. I have had the Maharaja set chest 4 or 5 times now on beta that I was actually able to complete the day and take the chest. So far all my effort has gained me is the 55% chance win of 10 FP (no buildings for you /soupnazivoice). when it first started you had to get the 7 dailies without failing. I got to 6 of 7 and failed, reset to 0 :( They listened to feedback, now you get +1 for completion, -1 for failing, you can never get to 6 and wipe anymore. The challenges themselves are evolving based on feedback and data collected from all sources. I encourage all of you to go play on Beta. The more data that is collected there the more polished things are before they come to live server. Expanded testing is something that helps, it is here. It will always be a possibility to get the data the developers need.
In short, if you want them quicker join beta and test them so they get the feedback they need.

DeletedUser13838

When sending your ship on a journey, it wasn't always clear if skills of your crew affected it in a good or bad way. We improved it by adding green text coloring for positive effects and red for negative effects.
The only item that I can remember not being so clear was the time (ie I think +time meant shorter and -time meant longer) which seemed counterintuitive.

I hope the colors are colorblind friendly.

DeletedUser27889

I just won an award labeled 'He chose wisely"... Seriously Inno after all the backlash for not only some of the previous award names but also for sexist lack of female avatars/historical questlines you decide to combine the two?? You are aware females play your games right?

I really don't mind people assuming I'm male based on my avatar or anything else but there was simply no need for this. Why couldn't it have been called 'YOU chose wisely?' why make it a gender at all? It's like at this point they're going out of their way to exclude us instead of other times with the avatars/historical questlines that were tongue in cheek affronts.

Elvenar is one of your most successful games and is actually female MAJORITY. You've discovered women actually spend MORE, 30% more, compared to the men who play that game. Source: https://press.innogames.com/innogames-draws-women-with-elvenar-finds-monetary-success

You could be reaping the same rewards from your female fan base here if you stepped out of the boys club long enough to see we exist.

DeletedUser27889

Oh and it get's even better... I knew they were making random Indiana Jones references because ya know copyrights don't exist. But in either case Indiana Jones isn't winning the award the player is. But even if they were trying to just say they were quoting the movie the actual quote is: 'He chose poorly. You have chosen… wisely."

So they actually removed the gender neutral 'You' to misquote it and replace it with 'He'.

DeletedUser26965

Oh and it get's even better... I knew they were making random Indiana Jones references because ya know copyrights don't exist. But in either case Indiana Jones isn't winning the award the player is. But even if they were trying to just say they were quoting the movie the actual quote is: 'He chose poorly. You have chosen… wisely."

So they actually removed the gender neutral 'You' to misquote it and replace it with 'He'.
You really believe females won't spend money because of an achievement with the word "he" in it? That's stretching the "offensive trigger" a little far aint it? The "he" in this context is being used to say "He(Indiana Jones) chose wisely", the "he" in the part you quoted was to refer to the other guy who didn't as it was being expressed to Jones. They're not quoting the movie, they're stating a fact, Indiana Jones, a he, chose wisely.

DeletedUser27889

You really believe females won't spend money because of an achievement with the word "he" in it? That's stretching the "offensive trigger" a little far aint it? .
That's not at all what I am saying. I am saying that it is silly for the game to ignore it's female players when they have so much evidence to the contrary. As their other title shows women on Elvenar are actually spending more. I could understand if this was one of those games were 99% of players were male and I was the sole random outsider but that isn't the case here by a long shot.

The "he" in this context is being used to say "He(Indiana Jones) chose wisely", the "he" in the part you quoted was to refer to the other guy who didn't as it was being expressed to Jones. They're not quoting the movie, they're stating a fact, Indiana Jones, a he, chose wisely
I can understand where you came up with that but it makes zero sense in context. This is not a role playing game were we are playing Indiana Jones. Indiana Jones has nothing to do with FoE. Indiana Jones did not just 'achieve' that quest, I did.
Indiana Jones chose wisely in an American movie 30 years ago. I chose wisely while playing the international game Forge Of Empires today and won that award.

How would it make sense to display an achievement that you're saying means 'Indiana Jones chose wisely....' Achievements reflect the player. In Laura Croft the player is portraying a female character, in MGS a male one. Here we portray ourselves/whatever we want to be. Every single achievement is there to tell your friends 'this player did this thing' and none of them refer to anything or anyone other than the player and what that player has done. Not, here's a misworded line from a movie. I don't mind being confused for a male, ardak made me an avatar that shows one of my favorite charaters that happens to be male. Because of this, many assume I happen to be male as well. I don't even mind when people in global think I am a male because I happen to be playing a game. I mind when the company who makes the game decides all players are male despite much evidence, and funding, to the contrary.

What does FoE have to do with Indiana Jones anyway? I'm old enough to know the movie and put the stupid out of left field contexts together. Indiana Jones has nothing to do with this game. How does every woman playing this game, getting this achivment seemingly made for male audiences only, as they address 'he' supposed to feel about it? It's a stupid move for the company. Tell some teenage girl or woman from Russia or one of the other languages 'No No, were not saying all players are male were just misquoting a line from a 30 year old movie that was made in another country and has nothing at all to do with this game. The 'he' refers to the character in the movie this game has nothing to do with not you the player that just earned this achievement.'

I see what you're trying to go with but it wouldn't take but a seconds consideration for a company to go: 'Hey it's an achievement award that refers to all players (the person who chose wisely as that is what I did to earn it) as 'He'." Should we really risk ostracizing out female customers, who we already have issues with and bank that they all just figure it's an old movie reference that has nothing to do with the game or themselves? Sure sounds smart." Even if what you're saying is true it doesn't make the move any less stupid on their part.

DeletedUser26965

That's not at all what I am saying. I am saying that it is silly for the game to ignore it's female players when they have so much evidence to the contrary. As their other title shows women on Elvenar are actually spending more. I could understand if this was one of those games were 99% of players were male and I was the sole random outsider but that isn't the case here by a long shot.

I can understand where you came up with that but it makes zero sense in context. This is not a role playing game were we are playing Indiana Jones. Indiana Jones has nothing to do with FoE. Indiana Jones did not just 'achieve' that quest, I did.
Indiana Jones chose wisely in an American movie 30 years ago. I chose wisely while playing the international game Forge Of Empires today and won that award.

How would it make sense to display an achievement that you're saying means 'Indiana Jones chose wisely....' Achievements reflect the player. In Laura Croft the player is portraying a female character, in MGS a male one. Here we portray ourselves/whatever we want to be. Every single achievement is there to tell your friends 'this player did this thing' and none of them refer to anything or anyone other than the player and what that player has done. Not, here's a misworded line from a movie. I don't mind being confused for a male, ardak made me an avatar that shows one of my favorite charaters that happens to be male. Because of this, many assume I happen to be male as well. I don't even mind when people in global think I am a male because I happen to be playing a game. I mind when the company who makes the game decides all players are male despite much evidence, and funding, to the contrary.

What does FoE have to do with Indiana Jones anyway? I'm old enough to know the movie and put the stupid out of left field contexts together. Indiana Jones has nothing to do with this game. How does every woman playing this game, getting this achivment seemingly made for male audiences only, as they address 'he' supposed to feel about it? It's a stupid move for the company. Tell some teenage girl or woman from Russia or one of the other languages 'No No, were not saying all players are male were just misquoting a line from a 30 year old movie that was made in another country and has nothing at all to do with this game. The 'he' refers to the character in the movie this game has nothing to do with not you the player that just earned this achievement.'

I see what you're trying to go with but it wouldn't take but a seconds consideration for a company to go: 'Hey it's an achievement award that refers to all players (the person who chose wisely as that is what I did to earn it) as 'He'." Should we really risk ostracizing out female customers, who we already have issues with and bank that they all just figure it's an old movie reference that has nothing to do with the game or themselves? Sure sounds smart." Even if what you're saying is true it doesn't make the move any less stupid on their part.

You're just off the deep end on this. No rational response would suffice. What can I say, go make a game with no reference to anything and completely gender neutral. I mean I can sit here and pull out all kinds of stuff in the game that makes references to stuff and maybe if I stretch it enough I can find offense in it, oh, looky here;

P_SS_PostModernEra_Workshop1.png

Don't you see it? The car made famous by Hitler? Oh yeah and there's Herbie the Love Bug too, I guess they're saying we should love Hitler too. Two comments and I already hit Godwin's law lol.

DeletedUser29623

I’d prefer that they kept things gender neutral as well.

DeletedUser27889

*sigh* You're posting an object, of buildings and cars. I'm referencing something a player earns as a mark of their accomplishment and the player is referred to as he when it could just as easily (and more accurately to the movie and players) say 'You'.

I wouldn't support you being asked to wear a badge that says 'She did it!' or your male achievements being accredited to a phantom 'her'. And that's without all the issues involving women being ostracized from things for years and still often times, in the gaming community. Or all the issues this game has had with women.

Nobody can be perfect all the time but when it just takes a moment to consider how every female player getting a reward in their face saying 'He chose wisely' would feel there's just no need for this sort of thing.

DeletedUser27889

That's just a bad assumption. Maybe they should have used the Indiana Jones avatar instead to help.
You are the one who is assuming.

I received an award popup- HE chose wisely- after I, the player, chose wisely. Would I have gotten that award for doing nothing? No I got that award for choosing wisely. If the award said 'Indiana Jones chose wisely' would that have made any sense what so ever in the context in the game and me winning an achievement? So substituting 'Indiana Jones' for the he does not make any sense or else we'd all have won that award as that movie is 30 years ago and over. Substituting 'the player?' : The player has chosen wisely. Yup being as though I am the player who just won an award for making the correct choice this makes sense in the context.

The verb refers to the person who did it. I achieved it, I made the choice. Indiana Jones did not win the award for me.

When a player puts down traz does it say 'PlayerA has started traz' or 'The American's built Alcatraz? The American's did build Alcatraz, Indiana Jones did chose wisely, neither of those are triggering in game events today it is the players controlling the actions.

DeletedUser

You're just off the deep end on this.
With all due respect, sloppyjoeslayer (and I have a lot of respect for you despite our disagreements), she is not off the deep end. This is exactly the same kind of thing as "white privilege". It is very subtle and easily ignored by those that benefit from it, or at the very least aren't victims of it, but it is palpable and very real to those that are on the other end of it.