• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.118 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser25166

How about I leave feedback here, because some nerd on Facebook is not going to do anything either. You guys screwed up sound, I now get white screen after 2battles. Enough with constantly trying to “improve” things, fix the issues first

Salsuero

DeletedUser31257

"
  • We have seen that the "gain population" and "gain happiness" tasks from the Daily Challenges were counter productive for many, and have removed those as a result. The mysterious questgiver may now ask for donations of coins and supplies instead."
How does donation of coins and suppliers work?
How many ways we can do this task?
- If I build a building which uses coins/supplies, will it counts? or
- Doing an "Unbirthday Party" in Recurring Quest, will it counts?

BruteForceAttack

"We have seen that the "gain population" and "gain happiness" tasks from the Daily Challenges were counter productive for many, and have removed those as a result. The mysterious questgiver may now ask for donations of coins and supplies instead."

"counter productive " LOL... Yes folks build and destroy items from inventory especially for happiness. I'd say it was a GREAT use of FOA and GSO and other stuff that is of no use to many folks.

Speaking of "counter productive ", due to DC, most cities have multiple blacksmiths to complete ton of production quests e.g. 33 4hr production, 55 5 mins etc.

Salsuero

"
  • We have seen that the "gain population" and "gain happiness" tasks from the Daily Challenges were counter productive for many, and have removed those as a result. The mysterious questgiver may now ask for donations of coins and supplies instead."
How does donation of coins and suppliers work?
How many ways we can do this task?
- If I build a building which uses coins/supplies, will it counts? or
- Doing an "Unbirthday Party" in Recurring Quest, will it counts?

It's actually like the unbirthday quest itself... you just give the questgiver some coins and/or supplies... whatever he asks for in whatever amount he requests... and that solves the quest. If he says "Pay 10,000 coins" -- well that's what you do. It's nothing more complicated than that.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

It's actually like the unbirthday quest itself... you just give the questgiver some coins and/or supplies... whatever he asks for in whatever amount he requests... and that solves the quest. If he says "Pay 10,000 coins" -- well that's what you do. It's nothing more complicated than that. If you have the unbirthday quest open at the same time... it would work on both... because that's how the quests work -- you can double/triple hit them if you set them up that way.

As per beta, when you pay for ubq, you wont get credit for that in DC.

DeletedUser32348

If you have the unbirthday quest open at the same time... it would work on both... because that's how the quests work -- you can double/triple hit them if you set them up that way.
I dont think they'll work like that.
According to Changelog 1.117 its stated under the DC bugfixes that
"If a 'gain happiness' or 'gain population' request was active in both quests and Daily Challenges, gained happiness or population would only count towards one of them. It will now count everywhere."
So if 'gain happiness' and ' gain pops' did count as 2 tasks instead of 1 if there was a same task like that in DC and RQ,
then why should quest tasks like UBQ ('spend/pay X coins' or 'spend/pay Y supplies') be ignored?
now they're(Gain Happiness/Pops) both not there, they'll definitely apply this for UBQ as well.

https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/media/news/changelog+1.117/

We have seen that the "gain population" and "gain happiness" tasks from the Daily Challenges were counter productive for many, and have removed those as a result. The mysterious questgiver may now ask for donations of coins and supplies instead.
In fact I liked those DC challenges:(. Those were the easiest ones and the time consuming ones to finish, if u had 2x2 tile and if you're running short on supplies and coins; hoping to get something rewarding from solving that type of DC;
they make me sit in front of the game for a while depending on how much task says to get. Build-Sell-Repeat.

idk how INNO considered them as "Counter Productive".

Last edited by a moderator:

Toppcatt

I remember 2 or 3 "fixes" ago, when that one of the "fixes" was suppose to be "fixing" the graphics when moving buildings around in our city, and another one that was suppose to "fix" the sound that would drone on and on and on, well after a battle had finished, with the only way to get it to stop, was to refresh the page.

Well as is usual, the sound part is still happening, and the part with the moving buildings, I almost never had any problem with that, but it now happens EVERY time I move any type of building, so I end up needing to refresh, EVERY time I move any thing.

As another poster wrote, FIX THESE THINGS, before you keep "improving" things, which in most cases, is just coming up with new ways (improving), of trying to con Players into buying Diamonds.

DeletedUser

So if 'gain happiness' and ' gain pops' did count as 2 tasks instead of 1 if there was a same task like that in DC and RQ,
then why should quest tasks like UBQ ('spend/pay X coins' or 'spend/pay Y supplies') be ignored?
Did you not really read the section you quoted? It actually contradicts your point.
"If a 'gain happiness' or 'gain population' request was active in both quests and Daily Challenges, gained happiness or population would only count towards one of them. It will now count everywhere."
The fact that it only counted towards one was a glitch that they fixed, not the way it was supposed to work.

DeletedUser27889

If you have the unbirthday quest open at the same time... it would work on both... because that's how the quests work -- you can double/triple hit them if you set them up that way.
Unfortunately not, there are independent pay windows. If you pay the daily challenge is does not count in UBQ, if you pay UBQ it does not count for the DC. I attempted this on beta it did not work I posted about it on beta and the CM told me that it was intentional for each to be needed to be paid off independent of anything else.

It does make sense in a way as it's "pay" not "spend" but it eliminates the challenge and turns it into simply paying off the quest giver.

DeletedUser27468

--> how about acquiring sectors in map campaign? many ppl will stuck in this quest as well

BruteForceAttack

--> how about acquiring sectors in map campaign? many ppl will stuck in this quest as well

Don't scout, it wont ask for conquer sectors.

BruteForceAttack

Events ask you to scout. So don't do events or don't do daily challenges... one of them is going to screw the other.

I was suggesting for DC, but yeah for event, when you get mandatory Scout/Acquire/Tech, it will be up to the player to consider Cost/Rewards. In anycase, at-least Inno has been lately good about providing alt paths, not always but something is better than nothing.