• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.136 Feedback

DeletedUser32824

The new Unbirthday Quest format sucks. Five clicks to do it now instead of two. How is that an upgrade?
This is a terrible change! I looked forward to my UBQs, now they are going to make my cry when I see them!

RazorbackPirate

I got "Very Difficult" today, no boost active but I got 4 turns so they aren't totally screwing you.
I got a 'Very Difficult" negotiation today too. It was your standard 10 item negotiation, 8 units each guess, 4 turns to solve. I solved on the second attempt. No different than if I was doing level 4 GE with a Tavern Boost. Hardly difficult, not even close to very.

Kranyar the Mysterious

All of my cities revolve around the Chateau, and this change to the Unbirthday quest is going to add hundreds, if not thousands of extra clicks to my life each day. There was absolutely no need to make this change, this was just "fixing" something that wasn't broken. It's like they want to purposely give us carpal tunnel syndrome.

They could have placed a third button - "Accept All" - or something if they felt they needed to dumb down this part of the game.

And realistically, how many people do recurring quests that don't know how they work? The idiots this change was designed for will only see the Unbirthday quest once per age.

ODragon

I got a 'Very Difficult" negotiation today too. It was your standard 10 item negotiation, 8 units each guess, 4 turns to solve. I solved on the second attempt. No different than if I was doing level 4 GE with a Tavern Boost. Hardly difficult, not even close to very.

Its a combination of skill and luck but you are correct, absolutely no different than GE4 with the boost.

DeletedUser

All of my cities revolve around the Chateau, and this change to the Unbirthday quest is going to add hundreds, if not thousands of extra clicks to my life each day. There was absolutely no need to make this change, this was just "fixing" something that wasn't broken. It's like they want to purposely give us carpal tunnel syndrome.

They could have placed a third button - "Accept All" - or something if they felt they needed to dumb down this part of the game.

And realistically, how many people do recurring quests that don't know how they work? The idiots this change was designed for will only see the Unbirthday quest once per age.
To those of us with a more balanced game this is just a minor annoyance. Maybe it's Inno's way of encouraging heavy questers to discover the rest of the game. :)

Salsuero

Thanks a lot, Inno. Collection is going to be so damn slow now. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Obviously someone who doesn't play the game or solicit input from those who actually do.

Maybe it's Inno's way of encouraging heavy questers to discover the rest of the game.

I'm not a heavy quester and this still make things very slow for me in donating to GBs and collecting. There are more people who play the UBQ as part of the recurring quest sequence than just the "heavy questers".

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot, Inno. Collection is going to be so damn slow now. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Obviously someone who doesn't play the game or solicit input from those who actually do.
If you read the changelog announcement, it explains their reasoning. You may not like it, but it does make sense.

Salsuero

Yeah, they'll suck if I get a level 4 GE one dropped on me -- you know one of the ones with 10 choices and no coins or supplies. Especially on a Monday, when you can't buy extra turns (I've tried this before with silver spending DCs) unless that gets changed.

But it'll be that way for 2, 3 weeks tops.

I had a level 4 one hit me today. I solved it, but on the 4th turn, and it took a little luck at that. Sometime they're easy in 4, but sometimes they are very stubborn.

Salsuero

You may not like it, but it does make sense.

It may make sense to those who think so. It also doesn't make sense to those of us who don't. For those who like to complain about all the extra clicking in this game (and I'm not saying you're a complainer) -- this one went in the opposite direction. Hand-holding is not how you teach people to improve. There are enough tutorials, wiki articles, and forum posts for people who want to know how to play the game better. I say throw them into the lake... and let them sink or swim!

Salsuero

They threw you in the lake, so which are you going to choose?

I already knew how to play the way it was. This is throwing an innertube immediately after doing so and telling us we don't have to actually sink... they just put training wheels back on everyone's bike because a few people might be prone to falling off... simply because they've never learned to ride without them!

RazorbackPirate

It may make sense to those who think so. It also doesn't make sense to those of us who don't. For those who like to complain about all the extra clicking in this game (and I'm not saying you're a complainer) -- this one went in the opposite direction. Hand-holding is not how you teach people to improve. There are enough tutorials, wiki articles, and forum posts for people who want to know how to play the game better. I say throw them into the lake... and let them sink or swim!
What you're referring to is the side benefit of the change, it is not the impetus behind it, or the reason for it.
I already knew how to play the way it was. This is throwing an innertube immediately after doing so and telling us we don't have to actually sink... they just put training wheels back on everyone's bike because a few people might be prone to falling off... simply because they've never learned to ride without them!
Again, not why they made the change, but hey, if it bolsters your argument...

Salsuero

What you're referring to is the side benefit of the change, it is not the impetus behind it, or the reason for it.

The part I stated about it making sense to some but not others... that was meant to address the impetus. They didn't need to change the way the UBQ works in order to do everything else they had planned. And they did so despite a significant amount of negative feedback about it, claiming the pros outweigh the cons... but they didn't need to do it, so that's not true at all. They could've left that one exactly as-is and still accomplished all the changes they wanted. We know it's possible because they were already working in tandem with other quests of the "new style".

DeletedUser31440

The part I stated about it making sense to some but not others... that was meant to address the impetus. They didn't need to change the way the UBQ works in order to do everything else they had planned. And they did so despite a significant amount of negative feedback about it, claiming the pros outweigh the cons... but they didn't need to do it, so that's not true at all. They could've left that one exactly as-is and still accomplished all the changes they wanted. We know it's possible because they were already working in tandem with other quests of the "new style".

Announcement says that this change is intended to help make future improvements, those improvements are as yet unkonown to the players but should be realized by the Halloween event. So maybe wait for that before making assumptions about what is and isn't necessary?

RazorbackPirate

Seriously, the unbirthday change is terrible. It will completely change the way I play the game and makes my Chateau significantly less useful. Change it back!
While I agree with the sentiments behind this, I also dislike the change, hyperbole does not make an argument. It will not completely change the way you play. Like the rest of us you'll suck it up, do your RQs and move on with your life. Further, it does not make your Chateau any less useful, because again, like the rest of us you'll suck it up, do your RQs and move on with your life. What, you gonna quit the game over it? Stop collecting on your city over it? Stop running RQs over it? Please.

Last edited:

- KQ -

To those of us with a more balanced game this is just a minor annoyance. Maybe it's Inno's way of encouraging heavy questers to discover the rest of the game. :)

What makes you think people that do recurring quests haven't discovered the rest of the game? What makes your approach more balanced? I'm not trying to be argumentative here; I'd really like to know what it is that you think that heavy questers are missing.

For the record, I do a lot of recurring quests, but I am by no stretch of the imagination (at least my imagination) a heavy quester.