• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.136 Feedback

Graviton

What makes you think people that do recurring quests haven't discovered the rest of the game? What makes your approach more balanced? I'm not trying to be argumentative here; I'd really like to know what it is that you think that heavy questers are missing.

For the record, I do a lot of recurring quests, but I am by no stretch of the imagination (at least my imagination) a heavy quester.

You asked the question of Stephen, and I am not as anti-HQing as he is, but I'm butting in anyway. :) I've seen more than one claim that this change (and every previous change to the recurring quests) is causing people to quit or consider quitting. That lends credence to his claim that HQers haven't discovered the rest of the game, if they're willing to abandon FoE over it (whether or not these claims are valid or widespread is another question).

OTOH I'm not going to tell somebody else how they're supposed to enjoy something. If this change truly ruins the game for them, I don't get it but no hard feelings and good luck.

DeletedUser36518

While I agree with the sentiments behind this, I also dislike the change, hyperbole does not make an argument. It will not completely change the way you play. Like the rest of us you'll suck it up, do your RQs and move on with your life. Further, it does not make your Chateau any less useful, because again, like the rest of us you'll suck it up, do your RQs and move on with your life. What, you gonna quit the game over it? Stop collecting on your city over it? Stop running RQs over it? Please.

Well I have stopped running RQs, so yeah it’s changed my game. Now I need to decide if I want to retool my city to still provide efficient goods. I also need to come up with a new long term plan for my main city. Assuming I decide I want to do those things I’ll keep playing, or I’ll decide I’ve had enough and quit. In other words, this extra click per cycle plus now being able to more easily skip over unbirthday when I’m swipe aborting quests on my phone (unbirthday no longer has the green check mark when it comes up) may indeed be the final push for me to quit the game.

So no, I will not “suck it up”. I’ll find another way to play or I won’t, but requests are done for me.

DeletedUser29623

I really don’t understand this change. There are many things in FoE I found tricky or hard to understand when I first encountered them, but the Unbirthday quest was never one of them. It was perfectly clear and easy to understand the very first time I did it.

DeletedUser

I really don’t understand this change. There are many things in FoE I found tricky or hard to understand when I first encountered them, but the Unbirthday quest was never one of them. It was perfectly clear and easy to understand the very first time I did it.
Making it easier to understand is not the main reason they did it. The announcement spells it out.

DeletedUser3882

And there are more changes aplenty ahead... Lots of *interesting* things in the spoilers that may make this change make more sense.

Mentioned in another thread that heavy questing is merely a strategy/loophole used by players, NOT the main intent of the overall game being programmed by the devs. They have more goodies in store for us and spamming UBQs were not, and should not have been, taken into consideration.

RazorbackPirate

Well I have stopped running RQs, so yeah it’s changed my game. Now I need to decide if I want to retool my city to still provide efficient goods. I also need to come up with a new long term plan for my main city. Assuming I decide I want to do those things I’ll keep playing, or I’ll decide I’ve had enough and quit. In other words, this extra click per cycle plus now being able to more easily skip over unbirthday when I’m swipe aborting quests on my phone (unbirthday no longer has the green check mark when it comes up) may indeed be the final push for me to quit the game.

So no, I will not “suck it up”. I’ll find another way to play or I won’t, but requests are done for me.
From where I sit, that's a severe over reaction, but to each their own. As far as the check mark, I agree, annoyance but count. It's always the same number of clicks away. It's also thrown off my kinesthetic memory, but in a week the new pattern will be established. But hey, upend your entire game if that's what it takes. Again, to each their own.

DeletedUser3882

They did say that the pay quests were “confusing to less experienced players”
I took that to mean a new, inexperienced player who may be stuck on tech, or whatever, seeing the quest and completing it seeing that big green checkmark, then, not being set up for RQs at a low age, not getting much reward from the one or two they completed and filing a support ticket because they didn’t understand they had the “choice” to abort it.

Run on sentence much?? Yes, indeed, but I can see a high number of complaints/tickets that the mods have had to deal with here...

DeletedUser31592

So, the change reset anything that was already paid.

I posted this a few weeks ago in a thread about the Chateau (bragging about my diamonds, lol). You can see I already paid the 50 gas.
index.php

Now, after the change, I have to pay 50 gas again. :mad:
upload_2018-10-4_20-6-35.png

I mean, I only have about 8,000 gas, so this is totally unacceptable.

I can obviously afford the 50 gas, but players out there may have paid something for a quest that can't afford to repay. It is a crappy move, Inno. And, I'm sure I can file a ticket and get my 50 gas back, but it honestly isn't worth my time....

On a side note, see I'm up to 1,010 diamonds!! I hope they do not change the Halloween event- I want an event that pays random rewards so I can get some diamonds!! Right now each diamond reward will pay 101 diamonds!!!

RazorbackPirate

And there are more changes aplenty ahead... Lots of *interesting* things in the spoilers that may make this change make more sense.

Mentioned in another thread that heavy questing is merely a strategy/loophole used by players, NOT the main intent of the overall game being programmed by the devs. They have more goodies in store for us and spamming UBQs were not, and should not have been, taken into consideration.
I look forward to the interesting things ahead. That's why I'm in the wait and see camp.

However, let's not twist the argument, intended or not. No one ever said RQs were the main intent of the overall game. However, the question that remains unanswered, especially in light of Chateau, is the current RQ play style intended by the developers or not. Either way, explain Chat. Again, which came first?

DeletedUser3882

Either way, explain Chat. Again, which came first?

Im just shooting from the hip here, without doing a bunch of research digging into changelogs, but PE (with chat and Traz) released maybe November/December ‘13 and GVG right around the corner in Feb ‘14?? The years might be off, but they came together in a span of a few months some winter way back...

Wishing Wells *may* have been released, but like SoKs, they were so rare and hard to find that alt worlds were made of pure boredom to actually play them and Diamond farms were born out of doing the tutorial for that initial 100-200 diamonds (then, you were forced to build that bronze theater thing with those diamonds when starting a new world.) Once past that, if you did, the diamonds came from the rare quest reward, or it was push to the ages with those particular quests.

The diamond farm, RQ/UBQ strategies and a lot of others I’m not thinking about came much later, as far as widely known about. There may have been some players that figured out these things, but they certainly didn’t share their secret(s).

Cosmic Raven’s guide on heavy questing may be a good indicator of when doing RQs started becoming widespread, but again, not really sure without hunting down some very old posts here and BETA.

Much different game then, mind you, as all of this was pre-arc and pre level 10 unlock, so even though Chateau was present, you weren’t getting much to sustain a viable strategy until @Stephen Longshanks level 80 virus!

DeletedUser31592

If this was mentioned, I missed it-

Perhaps even more annoying to me than the extra clicks for the UBQ is the fact that the green check no longer comes up when you get to the UBQ. When cycling through quests, it was always easy to catch the UBQ since the quest thing turned green. Now, it is easy to miss. And, since RQs don't stay in the same freaking order, this makes it even more difficult.
/end rant

Adding a disclaimer- this is coming from someone who does not do the HQS but simply uses RQs with their style. It is set to "Spend FPs" in A, where I have an Inno and only 1 slot. It is set to "Collect Coins" in Z, where I don't have an Inno and therefore collect from houses (1 slot there as well). In Q, I have 2 slots- set to coins and FPs. No spamming UBQs, either. Just fulfilling them as they pass by. I imagine for someone with a HQS Clockmaker city, this is exponentially more annoying.

RazorbackPirate

They did say that the pay quests were “confusing to less experienced players”
Yes they did. I can see a team update meeting where this change is being presented internally. I can also see someone from support, upon seeing the change, blurt out, "Nice, maybe it will make all those support tickets asking why the bar keeps draining go away." Not why they did it, but something they added to try and sell something they knew would be met with resistance.

DeletedUser36521

The new negotiations in the daily quests is a money grab. I do buy diamonds but not a crazy coiner, this move by Inno increaes the gap between crazy coiners and normal folks. I play this game way too much and this move has left an uneasy feeling in my gut. Maybe I should nuture that feeling and break this addiction.

DeletedUser3882

Maybe I should nuture that feeling and break this addiction.
No. The urge for chronic procrastination is greater. Feed the urge! Feed it until you have mastered the art of staring at your screen to rearrange your city!

- KQ -

You asked the question of Stephen, and I am not as anti-HQing as he is, but I'm butting in anyway. :) I've seen more than one claim that this change (and every previous change to the recurring quests) is causing people to quit or consider quitting. That lends credence to his claim that HQers haven't discovered the rest of the game, if they're willing to abandon FoE over it (whether or not these claims are valid or widespread is another question).

OTOH I'm not going to tell somebody else how they're supposed to enjoy something. If this change truly ruins the game for them, I don't get it but no hard feelings and good luck.

There is so much clicking in Heavy Questing or even if one does a lot of Recurring Quests that a few more shouldn't be much more than an annoyance. Recurring Quests are lucrative, but they're only slightly less joyous than aiding when it comes to mindless clicking. I thought Cosmic Raven's version of the game was rather joyless for my style of play, but if it floats someone's boat, more power to them.

I only have three period production buildings in my city. I don't qualify for the production building daily quest thankfully. Most of my recurring quests come from coin collection and my supplies quest completions come from the rewards from completing the coin quests.

I'd appreciate your opinion and feel free to butt anytime if you've got something to add. I'm still curious what Stephen feels they're missing. He has his strong opinions, but I've never felt he was as dogmatic as some.

BTW, there is an option to check a box that avoids two clicks in the future when you do the Unbirthday Quest, so it's less onerous than I originally thought.

DeletedUser

I'm still curious what Stephen feels they're missing
They're missing the full experience of the game. I mean, if their whole point of playing is merely to accumulate as much stuff as possible without having to think about it, then I feel they're missing the point of a game. As someone else said, that style of play is boring to the max. I've tried it a couple of times and it is the most monotonous thing I have ever done. I play this game for enjoyment. Clicking a thousand times a day does not fit that description. Neither does the hyper leveling craze. Figuring out how to develop and grow with a variety of methods in the same city, now that's entertaining.

DeletedUser12063

I think the extra clicking required to do the UBQs is unfair to those doing heavy questing strategy, who have invested in early Chateaus and is counterproductive for company earnings. When it takes me longer to do something, I'm not spending that time doing other things like GE which makes the company money. I have cities in all 26 US worlds and there are only 24 hours in a day. All my cities do UBQs on a regular basis.