• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chateau Frontenac, A Hopefully Healthy Obsession

DeletedUser32328

It's just the cost difference between the ages, I can do a gather coins with a SoK + SSW in HMA (SMB @ 10), in CA it will take 2 SoK's & 2 SSW's to get the 100,000 for the fnord.
Yeah, I understand there is a cost difference. Apparently times four. But your SSW base amount also doubles. So I would not be expecting the need for 4 times the number of SSWs.
And actually that is in line with what you are writing: you need double the amount of buildings, not 4 times.

DeletedUser29623

Is there a big difference between your St Mark's GBs between those worlds? Because that seems like a BIG increase to me.

Like Ozyman says, the coin quest in CA is quadruple the cost in HMA, but it does depend on the age of your SSW. I misspoke/typed, though: It takes 4 of current age SSW in CA to fulfill the coin quest if the SSW are in CA themselves. I have a bunch of older ones. My St. Marks are at 6 in both cities.

DeletedUser34477

Thank you everyone for the replies. I have another question. How should I be doing my land expansions? I am going in a straight line down to the left but I am not sure if I should expand in all directions or what. Don't know what is efficient as I do not know how all the building sizes are going down the ages and what I will be getting

DeletedUser29218

You should build your city as square as posible. If you camp for a long time in some ages, there might be a -very- slightly better setup (same for some buildings in particular), but a square shape keeps both high efficiency and flexibility.

DeletedUser34477

You should build your city as square as posible. If you camp for a long time in some ages, there might be a -very- slightly better setup (same for some buildings in particular), but a square shape keeps both high efficiency and flexibility.

Thanks, I was planning on opening op the land on the left side after going down 2 land expansions and after that go down 1 then left 1 or maybe 2 left down 1

DeletedUser31440

@BabyJeezus if you're planning on camping HMA or LMA I wouldn't go more than 6 expansions wide and then expand down. Alchemists and Clockmakers are shorter on the up/down side so being long in the up/down direction will minimize roads.

DeletedUser34477

@BabyJeezus if you're planning on camping HMA or LMA I wouldn't go more than 6 expansions wide and then expand down. Alchemists and Clockmakers are shorter on the up/down side so being long in the up/down direction will minimize roads.

Ok will do! Thanks a bunch. I'm sure I will be in HMA for a long time

Snarko

I was finally able to get the CF but not the Arc yet. Still in BA
How did you get it so quickly and how did you get the goods in BA? I'm guessing diamonds but secretly hoping you've uncovered some hidden awesome strategy...

ODragon

How did you get it so quickly and how did you get the goods in BA? I'm guessing diamonds but secretly hoping you've uncovered some hidden awesome strategy...

One not so secret trick is finding someone who will let you put fp on the gb in a different world but get the goods on the current world.

DeletedUser34477

I was lucky with my motivate and polish and asking around in the guilds I was hopping in and some guy told me he'd just give me the goods(though I was asking around for fp trade for goods)

*Arturis*

yes,
https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/rules/
8. Pushing
Operating a push account or knowingly benefiting from it is forbidden. A push account is an account that is mainly used to help another account while neglecting other parts of the game. This means that it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow, or to knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account.
Trades in any form (goods, Forge Points, etc.) that involve multiple worlds are forbidden.

ODragon

Interesting, thanks. I've not done it myself so that's good to know. I can see why I never saw it. I know what a push account is and had no desire to have one so never read that part.

mamboking053

I was planning to tech rush to the Colonial Age, but now I'm wondering if that's the best option. If I was doing the HQS, is it better to camp in LMA and rush through CA?

DeletedUser30312

I was planning to tech rush to the Colonial Age, but now I'm wondering if that's the best option. If I was doing the HQS, is it better to camp in LMA and rush through CA?

If you're doing any sort of strategy with RQs you do not want to rush CA, since it's the last good age to really farm the production quests. LMA isn't a bad age to stay for a while, but the Breweries are a 3x3 compared to the 3x2 of the Alchemist or Clockmaker.

Barrel Aged

Once you get to a certain level of CF, most of your quests will come from UBQs, and LMA is better than CA for those. (If you have a high level arc, spend FP will be at least as important. )

With a level 50 CF and a 2nd quest slot, for 1M supplies I do 250-280 quests. I’m down to 8 breweries (replaced most with SoKs, SSWs and terrace farms). Most of my supplies production comes from quest looping through daily collections, which provides enough supplies to cycle all the UBQs I have the patience to do.

tl;dr Supply building footprint isn’t all that important.

DeletedUser29623

Once you get to a certain level of CF, most of your quests will come from UBQs, and LMA is better than CA for those. (If you have a high level arc, spend FP will be at least as important. )

With a level 50 CF and a 2nd quest slot, for 1M supplies I do 250-280 quests. I’m down to 8 breweries (replaced most with SoKs, SSWs and terrace farms). Most of my supplies production comes from quest looping through daily collections, which provides enough supplies to cycle all the UBQs I have the patience to do.

tl;dr Supply building footprint isn’t all that important.

True, but getting there takes a while, and in the meantime, you want to maximize your 24-hour productions.