• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

city progress of players

Dursland

Well, I just got the last upgrade for Mikoto Bridge and built it. I need one more for Terracotta and two for Crows Nest
Very nice! Next collection I get to rip out my lv2 skywatches and replace them with 2 keymaster's workshops.

12 tiles making 4fps turns into 12fps, 36 goods, 4 kits of tower, and 18%/20% to AA/DA. Such a huge upgrade for the space, I'm excited!

PJS299

Very nice! Next collection I get to rip out my lv2 skywatches and replace them with 2 keymaster's workshops.

12 tiles making 4fps turns into 12fps, 36 goods, 4 kits of tower, and 18%/20% to AA/DA. Such a huge upgrade for the space, I'm excited!
Wow I'm excited too! :) I don't spend money on this so no keymaster workshops for me... I do think I will be able to get the Phantom Tower though!

Orius Maximus

I've been camping in CE while pushing ahead to get all the OF units from the map. I've completed that part, and I want to get my combat booster GBs to about level 80 and hit 50 million points at least before moving up. Yeah, I know points don't really matter, but there's some ego involved, I like to be high up in the neighborhood. I probably won't stay too long in TE, that age has a bad reputation. FE is said to be better, and then VF after that. I've been in CE for about 6 months now, so I should probably move on once I reach my goals, but the recent GE changes complicates things.

The Lady Redneck

FE is said to be better
FE is the best Era to camp in and build up everything. Hovers are amazing to fight with. I stayed there almost a year. I sat in PE and built up enough forward goods, FPs and strength to enable me to spend as little times as possible in any of the ages between PE and FE as none are anything special. Then I camped in FE almost a year.

The Lady Redneck

I have been working on my other GBs since I got my military stuff to where I want them for now. Main one being Arc which I have got to 140. Taking a break from it to do the rest. It has been so long since I planted a GB that I am looking forward to see what the new one in Titan will give us. I hope it does not turn out to be just one more mediocre thing.

Dursland

I camped in TE in Zorskog for months, sold over 50 Truce Tower sets and had Hovers so was destroying everything.

It was time well spent, when I'd finally moved up to FE my boost was so high I could autobattle all of GE4 with ease.

TE does have a bad rep but I don't think it really deserves it. It's actually nice if you have Hovers and Truce Tower customers lol.

Doing well in Dilmun. On the path to get full Phantom Tower and parts for a second, which will reduce the time it takes my Keymaster's Workshops to make the rest of the kits I need.

Almost finished with Archdruid upgrade too. Went from needing 89 fragments 9 days ago to 52 today. BG helping like crazy, and had a Cobalt Blue Lagoon up for 5 days. Got a couple 4x's.

Planted an A.I. Core to help guild with goods, won't level it too much until I jump to AF - which will be a while.

Orius Maximus

FE is the best Era to camp in and build up everything. Hovers are amazing to fight with. I stayed there almost a year. I sat in PE and built up enough forward goods, FPs and strength to enable me to spend as little times as possible in any of the ages between PE and FE as none are anything special. Then I camped in FE almost a year.

Yes, I've seen the power of Hovers. Stealth is a decent ability the way it is, but until TE it's based on forests. And forests are a gamble, I've had maps where I only had 3 or 4 forests to work with, and that sucks. But when you get them, they're strong. I was playing with Commandos wrecking stuff with impunity before I hit PME. Hovers get plains stealth which is probably a bit overpowered, because plains is reliable terrain across the map, including the starting position, and there's the force field to soak damage. TE has the Stealth Tanks too, but I wasn't able to get the TE units. AF though switches to hills stealth on the Behemoth which seems silly. OF has the eels with stealth in bushes which is pretty good too, and they combine it with a good movement and attack range. Unfortunately, they're not future proof units.

I've seen the opinion that TE isn't necessarily bad, but people don't like it because it's units are pretty well balanced instead of having a single strong unit like the two ages on either side -- the AAV in CE and the Hover Tank in FE. Stealth Tanks have plains stealth but they're counterbalanced by Microwave Blasters. Ultra APs IIRC have Contact, but a short attack range. Attack Drones are supposed to be pretty good.

Dursland

It makes such a big difference spending early. In Zorskog I paid for arc, traz, and dropped a couple hundred worth of diamonds on first couple events. That got me top 10 for the rest of the server until I quit playing.

In Dilmun I got arc with free diamonds that I'd farmed for months but other than that I couldn't afford to spend on first couple events - and they weren't worth spending on anyway. It wasn't until Winter that I finally got multiple event buildings.

At that point I was rank 110 and I've climbed up from that to rank 30 since.

In Zorskog I was also medals rank #3 for most of the server, here I am just now getting into the top 40.

Quite a difference a couple hundred dollars early can make.

As for my city here, not much to update. Got a couple Phantom Towers, 3 Keymaster's Workshops and my 3rd/4th Eagle Mountains. Need 2 more kits for a 5th Eagle, hoping to pick that up in Wildlife. Wouldn't complain if I got a 6th and 7th Eagle Mountain in the process, have the room.

Have room for the Panda Shrine too, and looking to get more than one.

Working on a new column of expansions but I've depleted premium and victory expansions so it's only ones left from the map available. It will take me a month+ to get from OF map to VF map and get enough expansions to finish the column but it'll be nice to expand my city without moving up eras.

I plan to be in FE until I severely run out of room for good buildings, and even before then I'm going to be replacing inferior buildings for some time.

stymie of Suwannee

Landed on Mars with my Modern troops, so……
As our forefathers jump from their 1944 transports, their parachutes open over the red soil of Mars. For a moment, they’re confused, unaware a Virtual vortex was the reason for their hard fought path. As hobnail boots hit the ground, any confusion is drowned out by the familiar roar of war, as incomprehensible technologies from a far flung future’s science fiction press towards them like waves. Then moments later, the silence that has followed battle for thousands of years leads to a minute of calm. To wonder, where they are and what they have fought.

spartacus2.0

Finally got an altar garden selection kit after about 3 months of desperately waiting. Finally upgraded the altar garden lvl 4 adding Demeter to Hera, Athena, and Artemis (two more altar gardens to go!)

PJS299

Finally got an altar garden selection kit after about 3 months of desperately waiting. Finally upgraded the altar garden lvl 4 adding Demeter to Hera, Athena, and Artemis (two more altar gardens to go!)
I had two altar gardens for a while, but finally got rid of them. What makes you keep them?

stymie of Suwannee

In a couple weeks, I’ll be aging up to PostModern and I’ll take you through my standards and preparation. For reference, this city is just over 2 & 1/2 years old and made with high standards from my older city. The main point to this city was take my sweet time enjoying every age, within tolerance. Second was a response to me leaving Future too early in Cirgard, leading me to severely overcompensate early, leading to a long term game plan (Future, early 2025).
As to the standards I suggest,
A checklist for aging up:
1. Renovation and 1ups? Have one for all or most buildings, making new, current goods is a priority, but attack bonus only increase at certain ages. Research. Think strategically about when you age up to save 1ups and Renos. I’ll probably age up during the Christmas event, so any new buildings will be current. Save that last piece. I’ll save up SoH pieces to build new, current one and sell the old ones.
2. Plenty of goods? Not only for tech tree, but long term supply of your old age. Approximately, thousands. A few when young, many thousands as you get bigger. Maybe stagger them for old and new, your’s and/or guild donations.
3. What’s your hood rank? As a gauge of current and forthcoming competition, being in the top 5, consistently, will make sure your not the newest, littlest in that age.
4. Save up to put a few levels on your Traz. As soon as you unlock you next combat troop, drop one or more (if you can’t store your Rogue Hideout, build multiple troop buildings to change the ratio). Troop buildings don’t need to be completed or even hooked to a road, for the Traz to make that troop.
5. Get your CF to 40ish or more. Not only to help with previous and new good development, very important when processing new age quests and increasing diamond income from them.
6. Don’t charge thru the tech tree immediately. Quests will activate including the storyline. Unlock the storyline quest’s request and do as many as you can, skipping low grade rewards. As you need to Research a military or other specific tech, unlock it and go back to processing quests. Diamonds and troops from beyond your new age are at stake. Go forward in the campaign map can help, but you run the risk of bad mistakes (Avoid Oregon!).
7. Wait til GbG starts. Your new, current troops will face your previous age’s troops and earn new rewards. But your AO bonus will not apply.
8. Are your attack stats good for the transition? Ask around to see how someone in your new age does in GbG and GE, comparing Att/Def numbers. It should give you a good clue to what’s about to happen. For reference, go into Arctic Future with a mere 1000 attack and you will probably regret it, in my opinion.

1st. With 59 1ups and 71 Renos, taking my time, patience pays. I’ll still conserve as per habits, mostly to sell some surplus 1ups and Renos, won’t need more til next February/March. I’ve already wrote out a matrix of all my Event buildings, by hand. With size, attacker Attack & Defense, if Aging up increases AA&D, FP/goods, a mark for BG targets and attacker A&D per square. Fortunately, the Winners Plaza is improving this age (+12% total), but if it wasn’t, aging up wouldn’t help anything, so easy to save 12 1ups every other age. The next priority is aging up Buildings that provide more attack bonus aging up. For goods purposes, upgrade as many buildings as you’re comfortable with. If you leave a building at an age, it produces that age. Whether Guild goods or personal goods of the previous age might still come in handy. If you’re needing to conserve 1ups and Renos, try saving up your Statue of Honor pieces. Store your old age SoH and sell. Build new SoH of new age.

stymie of Suwannee

2nd. Goods. A balanced city should be developing a surplus of goods and conserve that surplus, even with normal use or more. Besides leaning into my 2000 RQs a day (not a normal habit), I’ve brought my CF more to 101 and maybe another 5 by then. 15,000-20,000 would probably do, but given time, even that wears thin. More importantly, the CF being wicked high sets up nicely for a lot more Diamonds from the quests. Already looking at 355 for finishing the tech tree.
3rd. Hood Ranking. Typically 2nd to 4th, occasionally 1st. Many, sometimes most of top is a guildie or sister. And no one wants to tangle with a clown dressed to kill.
4th. As soon as I get to Machine Gun Nest, I’ll build one any put 3 or 4 levels on it. Then stop with Traz advancement, cause I‘m at 83 and saving plenty of levels for future ages.
5th. CF 101plus. Check.
6th. I’ve looked over the Advanced Age guide and have a good chance for some Tomorrow troops. While never properly aiming for advanced troops, I managed to get some early troops, by random chance, years ago. Similar path this time, particularly where it counts. Except I’ve fought my way to Mars this time. (Knuckle clapping eager)
7th. Thursday of next GbG, I’ll help out with the 8am push. Then after I get home from work, I’ll have plenty of time for the quests. The difficulties from a couple angles is my current story quest is “The End of this Chapter” and is the last 2 techs in the tree, which starts the story quests, but limits my flexibility completing them. But after those quests, I’ll develop well over 300 Machine Guns to play with. Plenty for a Rogue setup.
8th. Over 1450/1250 and big handful of Wheat Fields. Check and check.

SomePlayer5000

Still in Late Middle Ages, heck i might have actually just reached the beginning of Colonial Era last time i played. Not sure, pretty inactive tho.

Dursland

because they make my city look pretty and I'm tired of spamming winner's plazas and checkmate squares
I never understood the appeal of WPs or CSes.

I'm already tired of my 2 harvest farms sets. It's great in atk per tile but provides only 4fp in 7x10 and nothing else. I'm eager to replace it with Phantom Towers or newer buildings.

I'm all for attack boost but I definitely want the fps and goods production to go along with it and already detest the small portion of my city that is inefficient in that regard. I cringe when I go to other cities and see them half full of WPs.

stymie of Suwannee

It’s got good stats at higher ages, but has become B or C graded lately. When the Winner’s Plaza became a standard of Event rewards, I saw it as an attempt to bloat everyone with Attack. Right before the wave of dual stat buildings, strangely enough.

Orius Maximus

I never understood the appeal of WPs or CSes.

I'm already tired of my 2 harvest farms sets. It's great in atk per tile but provides only 4fp in 7x10 and nothing else. I'm eager to replace it with Phantom Towers or newer buildings.

I'm all for attack boost but I definitely want the fps and goods production to go along with it and already detest the small portion of my city that is inefficient in that regard. I cringe when I go to other cities and see them half full of WPs.

I suspect such players make up the difference in goods with a lot of GbG participation or cycling through RQs.

PJS299

I have 10 CSes, 3 WP2s, 4 Carousels, and 10 Stages. My city isn't the best, but all of those provide a pretty big atk boost.

PJS299

This is that section.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-08 16.27.55.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-08 16.27.55.png
    951.2 KB · Views: 8