• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Continuously Plundered by same user: Need tips on counteracting

zorba4545

So I am currently early colonial age and have mostly colonial age military units with a few rogues. I keep getting attacked and plundered by this same guy for a about a week now. This guy is only colonial age and has managed to get practically every great building in the game (Not sure how that's done since he isn't in a large guild). He is attacking with rogues that are like 130% attack. Any chance I can strike back or am I better off trying to collect from buildings right away? I'd appreciate any advice.

Emberguard

For protecting your own city:
Anything that can be motivated can be made plunderproof by having an active friends list. Put your supply productions on no shorter then 8 hrs, preferably do 24 hrs. Only collect from your motivated housing either once per day or after everything is already motivated. This’ll reduce the amount of motivations required.

start by optimising your city to the best of your ability using techtree buildings. Then as you get event buildings start replacing your goods buildings with events. Adjust your city as you go. Of course use GBs where appropriate

For striking back:
Get rogues during events when you can. Raise your attacking GBs and fill in 1x1 spots with Sentinal Towers to improve Your attacking army defence. Some event buildings also increase your unit stats

zorba4545

You're better off collecting right away.

You also don;t need a large guild to get prints for GBs, just a good friends list of higher era players with GBs you can donate to for prints.
So basically I could donate to the players in my neighborhood who have high era GB's and essentially do the same thing or would that get erased if the neighborhoods change?

Kranyar the Mysterious

So basically I could donate to the players in my neighborhood who have high era GB's and essentially do the same thing or would that get erased if the neighborhoods change?
Yes, friends, guildmates and neighbors.

Doesn't matter if any of them leave, you can always add fp to a building that you have already put fp on. Until it levels. When it levels the top 5 donors get the rewards regardless of their current interactability situation.

After it levels you won't be able to access the building anymore if you aren't a friend, guildmate or neighbor.

Algona

The following is what I advise Guildies getting plundered.

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.

TAVERN BOOST CITY SHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERABLE GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Special Buildings, including Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and motivated Tribal Square can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBOTHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down your Tech and Continent growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERES. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

As well all the good advice above. Having everything on a 24 hr pick up for a time you KNOW you will be in the game to collect lets you take advantage of the recurring supply and coin quest which gain you more rewards. Also if you can hide a little bronze age house behind a big building that has a good plundered value and not collect on the house the lightning bolt can look like it is on the big building. So it can fool a plunderer. Or 1 building on a 5 minute production run so it only pays out a few coin or supplies. Also place 1 FP on any of the plunderers high level GBs that pay out FPs. goods or troops just before a hood change. Then you can track it and add a couple more to flip it when it is ready. If you get a reward spot on it so much the better.

Captain Christian

In addition to all the good advice thus far, You mentioned that you have Rogues, a bunch of them don't work too well for defence. All the player has to do is attack every soldier except the rogue and the rogues will then die on the first shot. What I have found to work:
1 current age Artillery Unit
1 current age Ranged Unit
1 current age Heavy Unit
1 current age Light Unit
1 current age Champion
1 Rogue
1 Drummer Boy
1 Color Guard

Last edited:

Agent327

You mentioned that you have Rogues, a bunch of them don't work too well for defence. All the player has to do is attack every soldier except the rogue and the rogues will then die on the first shot. What I have found to work:
1 current age Heavy Unit
1 current age Light Unit
1 current age Champion
1 Rogue
1 Drummer Boy
1 Color Guard

Brilliant advice!!!

He is in CA. A drummer and a color guard in your defense is an absolute must!

DeletedUser

In addition to all the good advice thus far, You mentioned that you have Rogues, a bunch of them don't work too well for defence. All the player has to do is attack every soldier except the rogue and the rogues will then die on the first shot. What I have found to work:
1 current age Heavy Unit
1 current age Light Unit
1 current age Champion
1 Rogue
1 Drummer Boy
1 Color Guard
While this may work for you, it probably won't for everyone. I make it a practice to NEVER put a Rogue in defense. It is way too easy for an attacker to manipulate the battle to make the Rogue(s) a liability to the defense either by waiting until only the Rogue is left to hit it, or by leaving the least harmful regular units to last and transforming the Rogue into one of them. And the Military Drummer and Color Guard are wasted units above EMA, as they can't compete with other units past that age (and possibly not in EMA, even). I also make it a practice to never put one of them in defense because I don't feel that their boost offsets their lack of fighting ability.

DeletedUser42033

If the plundering continues then you could do something that may dissuade their future attacks. Level one of their GB's. Especially one that provide fp's and then it doesn't allow them to double dip. This is a dirty tactic but if strategy and diplomacy have failed then brutality is the only way. In addition placing one fp on all their GB's and messaging that if they don't stop you will at any point level another one may be enough encouragement for them to move on to easier prey.

DeletedUser30312

Was that supposed to be sarcastic or an actual compliment? I just said that works well FOR ME.

Likely sarcastic. Drummers and Color Guards are outdated by CA except possibly for some unique and unusual strategies. And Agent posted it, so you can pretty much assume sarcasm anyway.

Only if it's accepted. The reason I'm adding this clarification? Some folks have posted that they thought that just sending a Friends Request or just Aiding the plunderer was enough to prevent the plunderer from attacking.

I reject all friend requests from the neighborhood as my normal modus operandi.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I reject all friend requests from the neighborhood as my normal modus operandi.
Me too, I wait until the neighborhood changes, then if they aren't in my next one, I accept.

What works with me is aiding. First I attack and plunder those who made the mistake of attacking me, then I aid from my town hall, then I attack those left if I feel like it, or if it is between GE/GBG. Usually don't plunder the last group, just attack.

DeletedUser32973

Algona's collect on time and neighborhood position are my favorites. You can also advance to a relatively high age where most players don't attack/plunder anymore because attacking/plundering is a waste of time. I think AF and beyond you really start seeing a decrease in attacks...though to be honest I've been at least in the top half of my hood since AF so that might not be accurate. Even when I first moved to SaM and was initially in the bottom half of the hood I rarely got attacked.

The Lady Redneck

I find that I get attacked more when I am #1 in my hood. Mostly by members from the middle to bottom of the hood. I think out of curiosity just to see if they can beat whoever is at the top. Often the very next entry in my town Hall history is a FR from the same people. They just put the noose round their own neck. LOL.