• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural settlement.

• Thread starter DeletedUser29647
  • Start date

DeletedUser29647

Will the rewards from this side project be useable in main city?

ODragon

Its not even in beta yet so who knows. It does look interesting and I look forward to having somewhere else to play that is slightly different than where I play now.

I'm more curious if rewards will be buildings, passive abilities or something totally different. Most interesting would be a GB like building that levels up every time you complete a cultural settlement and doesn't rely on FP (or not as much). It would make it much harder to powerlevel it so no instant power-creep.

DeletedUser3882

Thank you.
It started on BETA yesterday 11/4.

The rewards you win go to your main city yes. Quest rewards and end of event rewards. Buildings you use to build up the settlement (and currency/goods) are settlement use *only*.

Coin/supply/diamonds you have from your city are used to buy/unlock/assist the settlement things.

It’s *different* to say the least.

DeletedUser34800

I watched the video and read the beta thread (I visit there often to see what's coming out, like this year's Winter Event. It's cool). I'm looking forward to this feature already. I think it will be a cool addition.

DeletedUser24719

Just more stuff to do with lousy rewards, the same old tired worn out quests blah, blah. Why can't these so called brain children of INNO for once concentrate on better rewards, improvements in game play mechanics, etc!

DeletedUser31882

Just more stuff to do with lousy rewards, the same old tired worn out quests blah, blah. Why can't these so called brain children of INNO for once concentrate on better rewards, improvements in game play mechanics, etc!

Did you read the rewards? They look overpowered. Greater Runestone looks like it will be an upgraded SoK & Yggdrasil is an atk% buffing Pillar of Heroes. Since it sounds like both are a 'level it up by grinding the cultural settlement' building... I'm guessing most Power-gamers will be farming then non-stop to replace SoK farms. Once I delve deeper into the numbers, I wonder if they will end up being the power creep replacement for terrace farms to boot.

What would you like to see as an improvement to game mechanics? The mechanics are pretty solid as is... are you bored and looking for something new? Or is there a particular deficiency that is nagging you? Personally, I'd like to see defense % do something more than just help prevent hoodie pillaging.

Anywho, I just read the announcement and watched the video (Video didn't really give any unique information that the announcement gave, imo). Time for me to read the beta thread and maybe ride my free election day into maybe, possibly joining the Beta.

Volodya

Did you read the rewards? They look overpowered. Greater Runestone looks like it will be an upgraded SoK & Yggdrasil is an atk% buffing Pillar of Heroes. Since it sounds like both are a 'level it up by grinding the cultural settlement' building... I'm guessing most Power-gamers will be farming then non-stop to replace SoK farms. Once I delve deeper into the numbers, I wonder if they will end up being the power creep replacement for terrace farms to boot.

What would you like to see as an improvement to game mechanics? The mechanics are pretty solid as is... are you bored and looking for something new? Or is there a particular deficiency that is nagging you? Personally, I'd like to see defense % do something more than just help prevent hoodie pillaging.

Anywho, I just read the announcement and watched the video (Video didn't really give any unique information that the announcement gave, imo). Time for me to read the beta thread and maybe ride my free election day into maybe, possibly joining the Beta.
If I understand this correctly, Settlement buildings etc. can only be used there, not in FoE proper.

Edit: Disregard the above. I didn't read the "rewards" section of the announcement closely enough.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4441

OH YEAH, they are VERY nice buildings. I am working on my first play through now. It will be a grind to get them. FYI, I did the math on the Rune Stone and it will take a minimum of 13 play through runs to get it at max level (that is IF you can play though fast enough to get 6 segments per play through- a total of 75 segments to make a level 5 Rune Stone). The way things are set up you can diamond some stuff for advantage, but you cannot diamond a play through (there are things you CANNOT buy)

DeletedUser29726

It's a pretty slow feature. The settlements are more simplistic than our cities (only the one base resource and 4 goods - no GBs, boosts, happiness, etc). The ultimate rewards are nice but it remains to be seen how long it takes to make a play through without dumping diamonds into it. The emissaries along the way are probably enough to encourage you to keep going while working on the 14 play throughs to get the max ygg tree. Mostly it's more busywork that you *have to* do if you want to minmax your city.

Agent327

I hope players that have a job can find time to work on these Cultural Settlements. This is a great business strategy to keep people interested in playing FoE, especially for the ones who have reached the Virtual World and may be getting bored. Usually when you reach the end of a game, you stop playing and go on to something else. Bringing other cultures into the game perks your interest to keep on playin'.

Trust me, this will even make them more bored.

It's like en event where you can only go very slow through the motions.

mamboking053

Trust me, this will even make them more bored.

It's like en event where you can only go very slow through the motions.

I was thinking the same thing. The rewards are awesome, but based on FoEHints, it will take around 7 - 8 months to gain one end-game building and each upgrade if you are playing each event till it's end. Not sure how often the other rewards pop up within the event, but I doubt Inno will allow you to bank too hard too soon. From the start this looked like a strat to rope players in for long-term investment.

The rewards sound cool, but I can foresee a time where this, ordinary gameplay, and other special events can possibly overload a person if they have to do them all at once.

DeletedUser34800

I hope that the special buildings can be plundered. Recently, it appears that none* of the good buildings are plunderable.

*Prosperous Cider Mill is the only one I can remember in recent ages.

So do I.

The more special buildings that are plunderable, the more plunderers are attracted. The more plunderers that are attracted, the more I get to watch them FAIL at attacking me and trying to break through. The more they fail, the more I laugh.

Always a good time hahahahaha.

Edit: According to the beta server though, the Yggdrasil (spelling...) Tree isn't plunderable. Has a motivated bonus.

Edit 2: @ODragon I just checked and the runestone had motivation bonuses as well. So neither special building is plunderable.