• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

Volodya

Can you show that, cause in that case I will go the easy way as well. Right now if I make 1,200 diplomacy and tart selling it, it drops again, like it always does. It's where I messed up the first time.

As far as I know getting the goods buildings first and dropping them works. It does not work with the cultural buildings first.
No, getting the goods buildings 1st doesn't work either. I also learned the hard way. I had six, deleted one and the count dropped to five. If it really is different on mobile that's a big difference. Maybe to compensate for the difficulty in moving stuff around on mobile.

DeletedUser37581

I don't know about mobile, but on PC it definitely works to build diplomacy first, delete it, then build goods buildings.

DeletedUser32328

I finished a settlement this morning. Wish I had taken screenshots.
Anyways, I always save up goods to do the last three embassy advancements in one go.
After picking up the last goods collections, just erased everything except three huts and dumped the settlement full of totems to unlock those techs and get to 1200 diplomacy. This left enough space to do the clan house quest/old willow quests.
I think you need to completely fulfil the 1200 diplomacy quest though before removing any structures. It does not seem to work like happiness quests where you can put decos in the same spot and keep adding happiness. But if you go to the full 1200, it completes that half of the quest and you can then put 6 wool farms to do the other half.

DeletedUser33179

Can you show that, cause in that case I will go the easy way as well. Right now if I make 1,200 diplomacy and tart selling it, it drops again, like it always does. It's where I messed up the first time.

As far as I know getting the goods buildings first and dropping them works. It does not work with the cultural buildings first.

At least on mobile, this is what I do/see for that final quest for 1200 diplomacy + have 6 goods buildings:
1- put down the 1200 diplomacy
2- Now you can unlock the final building + the final settlement quest will show a big green checkmark next to its diplomacy section
3- When you delete all diplomacy buildings (so can build 6 goods buildings), the diplomacy count drops but the green checkmark for completing that portion of the last quest remains

DeletedUser

At least on mobile, this is what I do/see for that final quest for 1200 diplomacy + have 6 goods buildings:
1- put down the 1200 diplomacy
2- Now you can unlock the final building + the final settlement quest will show a big green checkmark next to its diplomacy section
3- When you delete all diplomacy buildings (so can build 6 goods buildings), the diplomacy count drops but the green checkmark for completing that portion of the last quest remains
That is what I see on PC, also.

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Vikings. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Having completed several runs in multiple worlds, I have two suggestions for improvement:
1) add a table or grid, perhaps at the end of the "tech tree", showing the total number of each type of goods needed for the remaining tech (which updates as tech is unlocked). It seems silly to make players keep having to pull out a calculator to figure out how many of each are still needed to complete the tech tree (especially when the red numbers can be hard to see on mobile).
2) make the 4x production notification a little more obvious; since it occurs a moment after the collection number hover it's easy to miss as I'm already clicking something else by then. Perhaps have both appear at the same time, e.g. 10 x4?

Thanks for the entertaining side puzzle! I really like the planning that went into ensuring this side game was equally accessible to all players, due to minimal coin and supply costs, and that immunity to great building boosts means everyone is on the same footing for the timelines.

cton2.forge

My only complaint with all the addition (i don't mind the calculator, really I don't - well sorta I do but what are you gonna do?) is the coloring of the number for the goods required. In the next up requirement they are easy to read, in the last 2 or 3 (if not next up) and you do not have the required goods they are in red which in combination with the background make them very hard to decipher. Small potatoes though, not a huge deal...

DeletedUser38138

I have been doing a lot selling of buildings to free up space that I do not need. Build up diplomacy, take it away, etc. Use the option of selling something you may not need instead of spending resources to expand.

It is definitely time consuming.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37617

I just got through it for the second time (I know, I wasn't really motivated to do it quickly), and I got my first emissary! I love the fact that it gives an FP, I will definitely be doing it more.

DeletedUser13838

Thanks. Will give it a go. Looks like it has changed. He has much less than 1200 diplomacy and it does not drop.
Has worked that way for both settlements I completed. Delete everything but diplo items (and huts) until you hit 1200. That part of the quest will then be checked off. You can then delete everything (but huts) and build 6 goods buildings and you're done. It's a silly way for the quest to finish but that's how it works.

DeletedUser30312

That's generally how quests work on the main city too. Once you complete one requirement, it stays completed.

Zatrikon

Those who have given up on the Viking Settlement as "impossible to complete within the deadline" have probably stopped reading this thread, but in case some of you still are reading it: I thought the same thing as you the first time. But after going through it a few times, and reading the advice given here in these forums, I can honestly say, it most definitely IS possible!

I play in two worlds, and the first time through, I just barely got the "gold" reward chest in one world, and got the silver in the other. And the only reason I got the gold in one was because I had a lucky arrangement of rocks, *and* got a well-timed 4x payout. The second time through, I didn't get so lucky and got the silver chest in both worlds. Then I read the advice on these forums and tried to follow it. And the third time through, I got the gold chest in both worlds - one of which had an absolutely HORRIBLE arrangement of rocks - taking a big bite out of the middle of the side of my starting area. And I still got the gold, with a good amount of time to spare - and I didn't even follow the advice exactly. Now I'm going through for the fourth time, and I expect I'll always get the gold every time from now on.

qaccy

@Zatrikon That sounds kinda like how I thought of them after going through my first one. My guess though is that it's the diminishing timer that ends up making it a real time crunch, but that's just my speculation. I might have finished the first one well within the timer, but I imagine my strategy will have to continually improve if I want to continue hitting the gold chest as that deadline creeps downward towards 8 days instead of 16.

DeletedUser29726

No, getting the goods buildings 1st doesn't work either. I also learned the hard way. I had six, deleted one and the count dropped to five. If it really is different on mobile that's a big difference. Maybe to compensate for the difficulty in moving stuff around on mobile.

I've been doing it on desktop seperately. As long as the quest has registered a condition as completed it won't uncomplete in general (both main city and side city). Odd if it hasn't been working like that for everyone.

DeletedUser36624

I've been doing it on desktop seperately. As long as the quest has registered a condition as completed it won't uncomplete in general (both main city and side city). Odd if it hasn't been working like that for everyone.
In general that's true. But it doesn't work on the goods building requirement for the last settlement quest. You get the green check mark if you have 6, but if you delete one, it drops to five and you lose the check mark.

You only need to beat the timer if you want the fragments of the greater runestone selection kits, you need 75 of them for a fully leveled Greater Runestone, and if you hit the gold chest every time, that's 9 run-throughs out of the 15 needed to get a full Ygg. If you want more than one GR, then, yeah, you'll have to get good at hitting the first deadline in the shortest time allotment.

DeletedUser

In general that's true. But it doesn't work on the goods building requirement for the last settlement quest. You get the green check mark if you have 6, but if you delete one, it drops to five and you lose the check mark.
There are two types of building quests, and how they work is consistent throughout the game. One is the "have" x number of (whatever) buildings. When a quest uses the word "have", it means they have to exist concurrently at the fulfillment of the quest. Meaning if there is a second requirement, such as the Diplomacy requirement here, then the buildings have to exist at the time you collect the quest. That's why you can't build/sell/build to fulfill a "have" buildings quest.
The other type is "build" x number of (whatever) buildings. This is the type where you can build/sell/build to fulfill the quest, and once you have started the appropriate number of the specified buildings then the requirement is fulfilled and will stay fulfilled until the quest is collected.
This is just one example of the many times in this game that it is important to pay attention to the wording of things.

DeletedUser37581

There are two types of building quests, and how they work is consistent throughout the game. One is the "have" x number of (whatever) buildings. When a quest uses the word "have", it means they have to exist concurrently at the fulfillment of the quest. Meaning if there is a second requirement, such as the Diplomacy requirement here, then the buildings have to exist at the time you collect the quest. That's why you can't build/sell/build to fulfill a "have" buildings quest.
The other type is "build" x number of (whatever) buildings. This is the type where you can build/sell/build to fulfill the quest, and once you have started the appropriate number of the specified buildings then the requirement is fulfilled and will stay fulfilled until the quest is collected.
This is just one example of the many times in this game that it is important to pay attention to the wording of things.
But then isn't the wording of the final quest inconsistent?

"Have 1200 diplomacy" AND "Have 6 Cultural goods buildings"

From your explanation, it would appear that one would have to HAVE both at the same time as deleting either goods buildings or diplomacy would negate the "have" requirement.

Volodya

I also play on a pc. For sure doing the goods buildings first and then deleting them didn't work; the number went down as they were deleted. People have said doing diplomacy first does work. I'll try that next.