• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Super Catanian

If it makes anyone happy, I might have a picture of what could be considered an Intermediate Setup for Feudal Japan. Keep in mind that it is just a mere example, and each player will most likely have one completely different from the picture I will provide.
/rant

WinnerGR

If it makes anyone happy, I might have a picture of what could be considered an Intermediate Setup for Feudal Japan. Keep in mind that it is just a mere example, and each player will most likely have one completely different from the picture I will provide.
/rant
I would love that please can you share it .

DeletedUser27174

I found some improvements in the starting layouts.
In the vikings settlement you can build 8 shacks instead of 7.
1 axe, 8 shacks:
viking 8 shacks.png
gray=embassy, red=shack, green=axe smith, yellow=runestone, white=road
In the feudal japan settlement you can build 7 houses instead of 6. After unlocking the shrine you can build 2 shrines and 3 connected houses, which gives a little more coins than 1 shrine and 5 houses.
1 soy, 7 houses:
japan 7 houses.png
1 soy, 2 shrines:
japan 2 shrines.png
gray=embassy, red=house, blue=shrine, green=soy field, yellow=toro, white=road, X=disconnected building

Super Catanian

1 axe, 8 shacks:
View attachment 15404
In the feudal japan settlement you can build 7 houses instead of 6. After unlocking the shrine you can build 2 shrines and 3 connected houses, which gives a little more coins than 1 shrine and 5 houses.
1 soy, 7 houses:
View attachment 15405
1 soy, 2 shrines:
View attachment 15406
gray=embassy, red=house, blue=shrine, green=soy field, yellow=toro, white=road, X=disconnected building
This is awesome information. Of course, Impediments will get in the way, but I can see that you put a lot of thought into this. Thanks!

UBERhelp1

1 axe, 8 shacks:
View attachment 15404
1 soy, 7 houses:
View attachment 15405
1 soy, 2 shrines:
View attachment 15406
Nice! I'll add them soon (probably tomorrow, as I'm going to restructure that section a bit). Thank you!

Last edited:

Emm55

Introduction to the Cultural Settlements Guide
Cultural Settlements are a relatively new feature that has added a new way to play Forge of Empires. If Guild vs Guild and Guild Expeditions were a way to make fighters and negotiators happy, this feature is Innogames’ way of making those who enjoy building cities happy. Welcome to the guide, and I hope it will help you in your game.

I am writing this with the assumption that you have read and understood the announcements (Vikings, Feudal Japan). Also, I'm assuming you know how to place, sell, and move buildings, as well as how to buy expansions. Currently, the Viking and Feudal Japan settlements are available, with an Egyptian one going to be released at an unspecified date. You can only play one settlement at a time.

Please note that for the guide, I type the names of buildings or resources without accents or special symbols for ease of editing and writing.

On a mobile device, most pictures, charts, and tables will be viewed best when the device is horizontal (landscape).

The questline for the Settlements are as follows:
#VikingsFeudal JapanEgyptians
1Have 3 ShacksHave 3 Gassho-zukuri Huts???
2Have 4 RunestonesHave 5 Toro???
3Have an Axe SmithHave a Soy Bean Field???
4Have 55 Diplomacy or gather 20 AxesHave 45 Diplomacy or gather 10 Soy???
5Have 2 ShrinesHave 1 Shinto Shrine???
6Have a Mead BreweryHave 1 Gallery???
7Have 195 Diplomacy or gather 30 MeadGather 10 Paintings???
8Have 2 HutsHave 100 Diplomacy or Gather 20 Paintings???
9Have 280 Diplomacy or gather 40 AxesHave 1 Armorer???
10Have a Beast HunterHave 2 Decorated or Sacred Torii Gates???
11Have 375 Diplomacy or gather 50 HornsHave 325 Diplomacy???
12Have 4 Clan Totems or gather 50 MeadHave 1 Instrument Workshop???
13Have a MarketHave 2 Shinden-Zukuri Manors???
14Have 595 Diplomacy or gather 60 HornsHave 525 Diplomacy or Gather 30 Instruments???
15Have a Wool FarmHave 2 Zen Gardens???
16Have a Clan HouseHave 1 Dojo???
17Have 855 Diplomacy or gather 60 WoolGather 2000 Koban Coins and 10 of each Cultural Good???
18Have an Old Willow-???
19Have a Mead Hall-???
20Collect 10 of each Cultural Good and 2500 Copper Coins-???

As each of the settlements are different in their own ways, below you will find a short description of each and what is unique about that particular settlement.
Ragnar Lodbrok
Vikings Settlement
Questgiver Mitsuhide Portrait
Feudal Japan Settlement
???
??? Settlement
The Viking settlement was the first released and is, therefore, your "basic" settlement model. It relies heavily on coin production.The Feudal Japan settlement took the Viking settlement model and added a new feature called the Merchant that allows for goods to quickly be gained early in the settlement.???
This settlement offers 2 unique buildings: Yggdrasil (main building, 3x3, 9 levels) and the Greater Runestone (secondary building, 2x2, 5 levels). Their stats (at max level), can be viewed in Part 5.This settlement also offers 2 unique buildings: the Shinto Temple (main building, 3x4, 9 levels) and the Timeless Dojo (secondary building, 3x3, 5 levels). Their stats (at max level), can be viewed in Part 5.???
The Viking settlement has a medium timeframe of 15-8 days per settlement (if finished in first place; the time decreases the more settlements you play).The Feudal Japan settlement has a short timeframe of 14-7 days per settlement (if finished in first place; the time decreases the more settlements you play).???

This guide is split up into several parts:
Part 1: The First Day
Part 2: Beginning the Expansion
Part 3: Establishing a Village
Part 4: Race to the Finish
Part 5: Beyond the Settlements
Part 6: Alternate Ways to Play/Archive
Part 7: Cultural Settlements FAQ
Part 8: Settlement Fun Facts
Part 9: Author’s Notes
LOVED This!!
Please do one for the Egyptian Settlement! The gameplay is so different for great and not so great fighters.

Super Catanian

LOVED This!!
Please do one for the Egyptian Settlement! The gameplay is so different for great and not so great fighters.
The Egyptians are still being tested in Beta, so we will have to wait until they get released to the live servers, seeing as how some mechanics may be changed. Not to worry, as we (mostly Uber, though, LOL) are already working on that, though, so stay tuned!

UBERhelp1

LOVED This!!
This guide will be updated within a few weeks of when the Egyptians are released to live. Currently just figuring out strategies and working on charts/graphs for Egyptians, and also working on restructuring some sections. Thank you for your support!

ODragon

This guide will be updated within a few weeks of when the Egyptians are released to live. Currently just figuring out strategies and working on charts/graphs for Egyptians, and also working on restructuring some sections. Thank you for your support!
Think about giving it its own thread. It is so different than the other two that I might be easier to follow that way.

UBERhelp1

Think about giving it its own thread. It is so different than the other two that I might be easier to follow that way.
In all reality, not too much is different. Many of the same strategies apply, except that you fight. Kind of like how the Feudal Japan settlement has the merchant, but still follows general strategies. If I made an entirely different thread for Egyptians, I would end up copying over a lot of what is already here.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

50,000 Views!

As you may (or may not) know, the guide recently hit 50,000 views in just over a year! I am speechless. As always, your support has been great and I appreciate all the feedback and comments that all of you contribute. As a small special for this milestone, I have created some downloadable/printable charts that can help you plan your good productions. You can find them in Part 1. I'm sorry that it isn't something a little more exciting, but I've been really busy in real life and working on the update for Egyptians (which is still very much so a work in progress).

Good luck on your settlements, and especially the Egyptian ones beginning in two days!

Thank you all again,
UBER :)

UBERhelp1

Ancient Egyptian Update (v2.18)

With the Egyptian settlement becoming available tomorrow, this guide has now been updated!

New features:
  • Added Egyptian charts and graphs
  • In-depth descriptions of Egyptian units, their abilities, stats, and costs
  • 2 new fun facts relating to the Egypt settlement
  • Updated the strategies to include information on the Egyptian settlement
  • Fixed various grammatical/topical errors
  • And more!
Additionally, @Super Catanian has now been promoted to the role of the official editor of the guide. Thank you for all you do to make this guide better!

I hope this update will help you succeed in this next chapter of the Cultural Settlements. As always, feedback and comments on this update are much appreciated, especially if there is anything else you would like me to include or explain more in the guide.

Good luck with the Egyptian Settlements!
-UBER​

Algona

Might want to note someplace where to find the current amount of Loot in Egypt.. Spent an hour looking for it last night..