• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

-Sebastian-

Next batch:
easy = 322 = 2 elephant, 1 chariot, 2 khopesh
medium = 395 = 2 elephant, 4 khopesh
hard = 419 = 3 chariot, 3 camel + 1 chariot, 3 camel

Assuming
1 elephant = 93.25 loot
1 chariot = 30.125 loot
1 archer = 74.41666_ loot

(395 - 2(93.25))4 = 52.125
322 - 2(93.25) - 2(52.125) = 31.25
but
(322 - 2(93.25) - 30.125)/2 = 93.8125
That's pretty close; the values are within 1.125 of each other.

Alternatively:
322 = 2x+y+2z ; 395 = 2x+4z. 2x = 395-4z. 322 = 395-4z+y+2z. 2z = 395-322+y. z = (73+y)/2
If chariots are 30.125, then khopesh are 51.5625. If chariots are 31.25, then khopesh are 52.125.

(419-4x)/6 = y.
If chariots are 30.125, then camels are 49.75. If chariots are 31.25, then camels are 49.

So the numbers don't quite add up yet, but tentatively:
1 elephant = 93.25 loot
1 khopesh = 51.5625 or 52.125 loot
1 camel = 49 or 49.75 loot
1 chariot = 30.125 or 31.25 loot

Super Catanian

Next batch:
easy = 322 = 2 elephant, 1 chariot, 2 khopesh
medium = 395 = 2 elephant, 4 khopesh
hard = 419 = 3 chariot, 3 camel + 1 chariot, 3 camel

Assuming
1 elephant = 93.25 loot
1 chariot = 30.125 loot

(395 - 2(93.25))4 = 52.125
322 - 2(93.25) - 2(52.125) = 31.25
but
(322 - 2(93.25) - 30.125)/2 = 93.8125
That's pretty close; the values are within 1.125 of each other.

Alternatively:
322 = 2x+y+2z ; 395 = 2x+4z. 2x = 395-4z. 322 = 395-4z+y+2z. 2z = 395-322+y. z = (73+y)/2
If chariots are 30.125, then khopesh are 51.5625. If chariots are 31.25, then khopesh are 52.125.

(419-4x)/6 = y.
If chariots are 30.125, then camels are 49.75. If chariots are 31.25, then camels are 49.

So the numbers don't quite add up yet, but tentatively:
1 elephant = 93.25 loot
1 khopesh = 51.5625 or 52.125 loot
1 camel = 49 or 49.75 loot
1 chariot = 30.125 or 31.25 loot
Awesome numbers. I'll review them when I have a little more time and perhaps get them added to my Fighting Strategy for Egypt.

DeletedUser37131

I have completed the Eygptians and have a bathhouse. The bathhouse seems to have a very low priority for being motivated by neighbors, guildmates, etc. As a results the bathhouse never motivated at the time for collection. Thus I lose out on the unit collections that would be gained when the bathhouse is motivated. Granted I have a large city and in Oceanic, so lots of buildings to be motivated, but the bathhouse is never motivated by others. I rarely get a self-aid kit to use.
But since the military units are the big draw for going through such a LONG settlement quest (around a month), it is ridiculous that I never get the primary benefit of it.

Super Catanian

I have completed the Eygptians and have a bathhouse. The bathhouse seems to have a very low priority for being motivated by neighbors, guildmates, etc. As a results the bathhouse never motivated at the time for collection. Thus I lose out on the unit collections that would be gained when the bathhouse is motivated. Granted I have a large city and in Oceanic, so lots of buildings to be motivated, but the bathhouse is never motivated by others. I rarely get a self-aid kit to use.
But since the military units are the big draw for going through such a LONG settlement quest (around a month), it is ridiculous that I never get the primary benefit of it.
I almost always use a Self-Aid Kit to motivate the Bathhouse. Works all the time. ;)

Algona

That seems off. It should have high priority as an FP profucer when motivated?

Might be worth filing an in game ticket?

Super Catanian

That seems off. It should have high priority as an FP profucer when motivated?

Might be worth filing an in game ticket?
The Royal Bathhouse already produces FP normally, and only the Units are produced when motivated. Because of this, just like with the Winter Train, it's low on the aid priority list.

-Sebastian-

Awesome numbers. I'll review them when I have a little more time and perhaps get them added to my Fighting Strategy for Egypt.

Thanks, but I think it was just luck that they matched up. I tried it out on a 3rd set of battles, and I was off by 15-20 loot. :-(

I guess it's still possible that there's some sort of adjustment for the number of units, or something like that. For instance, a battle with 1 wave of 8 units is harder than a battle with 2 waves of 4 units each. That sort of thing, maybe.

Last edited:

qaccy

@mangelwurzel I tried applying the values you found to my 3 battles for the day, and none of them were even close to the loot value provided. :(

Easy: 2 chariots, 3 nubians for 267 loot, not ~283.
Medium: 1 elephant, 3 nubians, 2 camels for 378 loot, not ~414.
Hard: 3 chariots, 3 camels >> 1 chariot, 3 camels for 463 loot, not ~414

I'm still convinced that the loot reward is just random within the range. Sometimes random is just random!

-Sebastian-

I'm still convinced that the loot reward is just random within the range. Sometimes random is just random!

Yeah, I think it was a fluke that my first two battle selections came out so close. It looks like we both got a hard battle with 3 chariots and 3 camels, then 1 chariot and 3 camels, but mine gave 419 and yours gave 463. That strongly suggests "random". :) Ah well...

qaccy

Whew, Egypt #6 isn't going as well as the previous runs as far as luck is concerned. 12 encounters so far with no 4x loot! Even though the bonuses aren't needed to finish well under the gold time, it's still kinda stressful having to push to clear each encounter each day just to keep the goods producing. Came to a head today though when I was forced to let my potteries idle due to running out of loot. 10 hours away from the siege camp reset too!

EDIT: Three more encounters of no 4x loot bonus...even had to beat the dreaded 4 chariot+4 camel battle with my Nubians. Only running 4 goods buildings right now since that's all the siege camp can support without bonuses...other three are stuck sitting idle. What a pain!

Last edited:

generalwoo

Finished Japan #14 to max the achievement badge! :)

What's next? Should I do Vikings, Egypt, or one more playthrough of Japan to try to max another timeless dojo?

qaccy

@generalwoo Vikings kinda sucks, but Yggdrasil is a top-tier building. I'd have to recommend doing Vikings first to get it out of the way, then never look back once you've got Yggdrasil maxed.

generalwoo

Thanks guys. I decided to start Vikings to try something new. I'm already dreading it. Have a huge obstacle in the immediate area.

I managed to fit a couple axe smiths, but now I don't have enough copper to get axes, even with 6 shacks and 2 shrines.

I have to do this 14 more times to max the Yggdrasil?

Eyes on the prize...

-Sebastian-

Thanks guys. I decided to start Vikings to try something new. I'm already dreading it. Have a huge obstacle in the immediate area.

I managed to fit a couple axe smiths, but now I don't have enough copper to get axes, even with 6 shacks and 2 shrines.

I have to do this 14 more times to max the Yggdrasil?

Eyes on the prize...

Yeah. Vikings is simple and has the nicest prize, but I think it's the hardest of the three, and takes the most micro-management. I feel like it takes longer than the Egyptian settlements, even though it doesn't actually, and I think that's because I had to check on my Viking settlements a lot more than I have to check on my Egyptian settlements.

One trick I did when starting a Vikings settlement, was to start it about an hour before bed-time, build 2 Axe Smiths, and let them both run 8-hour productions overnight, hoping that I'd get lucky with a x4. That might not help much in the first few settlements, but once the frequency of the x4 bonus goes up, it can really give a boost to the early game...

Super Catanian

One trick I did when starting a Vikings settlement, was to start it about an hour before bed-time, build 2 Axe Smiths, and let them both run 8-hour productions overnight, hoping that I'd get lucky with a x4. That might not help much in the first few settlements, but once the frequency of the x4 bonus goes up, it can really give a boost to the early game...
Life Pro Tip: Don't collect any Quest rewards until you wake up and hopefully get that x4 bonus. By doing so, if you don't get any bonus, you can abandon and immediately start a new one without waiting 24 hours (granted, you'll still need about 9 hours to build the Axe Smiths again and starting productions). If you do get one, awesome! Keep building and feel free to get those Quest rewards.