• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

-Sebastian-

Life Pro Tip: Don't collect any Quest rewards until you wake up and hopefully get that x4 bonus. By doing so, if you don't get any bonus, you can abandon and immediately start a new one without waiting 24 hours (granted, you'll still need about 9 hours to build the Axe Smiths again and starting productions). If you do get one, awesome! Keep building and feel free to get those Quest rewards.

Oooh, yeah. With the 1 hour build time and 8 hour production time, you could try once in the morning and once in the evening... :)

Nicholas002

Question: if you start a settlement, don't like the impediments, and abandon immediately, will you be able to start again right away? or will you have to wait the 24 hrs?

Nicholas002

Ah... thank you, figured there would be some catch...

Anyway, my plan for settlements is to slog through the Vikings, (currently on Vikings 4), to max the Yggadrasil.
Then I will do Japan, (maybe twice), then Egypt.

qaccy

Egypt #6 in the books. Almost exactly 10 days left on the gold timer, so took a bit over 11 days. Only one x4 on loot this run. Thankfully I seem to have gotten enough bonuses on production that I wasn't as slowed by it as I thought. Sure felt slow though when I'd unlocked flowers and was still only able to run 3 goods buildings. Smallest settlement yet too; only placed 9 expansions since I wouldn't have been able to use more space.

Onward to #7!

Joeyjojojo

Just finished Egypt #7, very leisurely pace (compared with previous runs) and still done in under 12 days. Love that I don't have to stress on this one. Will definitely complete 12 to get 3 max obelisks. Will consider more.

generalwoo

Finished my first Vikings settlement with three days to spare for the gold timer bonus. That seemed very unlikely just a week ago when I was struggling with copper coins. Things finally started to pick up when I unlocked the markets and kept focusing on producing enough goods.

Just started Japan #15 to hopefully get a third maxed Timeless Dojo. Then, it's back to Vikings.

Joeyjojojo

Done with Egypt!
Nice! I've got 6-8 days left on #10, but I'll do it 2x more to get my 3rd ancient obelisk to max.

My "new" city in O (started 30 March of this year) is on Vikings #4, with Japan and Egypt each completed 2x to get the FP emissary/slot.

Nicholas002

How do you ever finish a settlement on time?
For Vikings you gotta log in 3 times a day, use an 8-8-4 hour goods production cycle, unlock expansions ASAP: 3 with axes, 2 with mead, and 2 with horns. Unlock shrines ASAP and use as many as poss. Unlock huts and replace all shacks with huts ASAP. Look ahead at how many of each good you will need total, and work on producing only that many. Ignore the quests, they will complete themselves. For diplomacy, delete roads and spam runestones. There, is that good?

edit: also never connect population buildings by roads unless you absolutely have to. by cramming them in a corner with no connection, you will get a lot more space to put shrines and/or goods buildings. residences, still have population when not connected, and their coin production is pitiful compared to shrines and markets.

Last edited: