• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cut time/cost on rearranging cities

The Lady Redneck

Also get your friends list set up correctly. I like to keep mine to 80 and have around 60 from higher ages and 20 in BA, You do not need people of the same age as you on your FL as your whole Hood is mostly all the same age as you. Aiding players of higher ages get you the chance of BPs for higher era GBs. And a few lower age players will want to aid you for the same reason and aiding them will help you get BPs for Zeus. Never build Colosseum GB it is obsolete. Different people have different view on which GBs are important. But I would start by getting Zeus, CoA, ToR, OBS, ToB and LoA. Some of them you will keep for as long as you play the game, others you can delete once you do get more powerful GBs. But for first start up I feel these serve you well. Do not waste to many FPs levelling your Oracle as it is one you will not keep. As it is 3X3 I kept mine until I got my OBS as it is also 3X3 and I deleted my Oracle to give me the space for my OBS.

Malaime

Also get your friends list set up correctly. I like to keep mine to 80 and have around 60 from higher ages and 20 in BA, You do not need people of the same age as you on your FL as your whole Hood is mostly all the same age as you. Aiding players of higher ages get you the chance of BPs for higher era GBs. And a few lower age players will want to aid you for the same reason and aiding them will help you get BPs for Zeus. Never build Colosseum GB it is obsolete. Different people have different view on which GBs are important. But I would start by getting Zeus, CoA, ToR, OBS, ToB and LoA. Some of them you will keep for as long as you play the game, others you can delete once you do get more powerful GBs. But for first start up I feel these serve you well. Do not waste to many FPs levelling your Oracle as it is one you will not keep. As it is 3X3 I kept mine until I got my OBS as it is also 3X3 and I deleted my Oracle to give me the space for my OBS.

Thanks so much! I had no idea that the friends list effected the level of BPs!

planetofthehumans2

Thanks so much! I had no idea that the friends list effected the level of BPs!
Well it's not like it actually affects the amount of BP, it's just that you have more chances to get BP by aiding people in the age of the GB you desire by aiding that era of building. Although a lot of lower age players (and some higher age players) have TREES which have no age and will get you no BP if you aid them. Watch out for cities with trees.

The Lady Redneck

Watch out for cities with trees.
Trees are Stone Age. All GBs are age specific Which means you have to aid a building/deco from the GBs Age/Era for the chance of a BP. And there are no Stone Age GBs. So all you get for aiding any Stone Age stuff is the coin for aiding.

Edit. Post corrected as I got ages mixed up; Now as it should be.

Last edited:

Malaime

Well it's not like it actually affects the amount of BP, it's just that you have more chances to get BP by aiding people in the age of the GB you desire by aiding that era of building. Although a lot of lower age players (and some higher age players) have TREES which have no age and will get you no BP if you aid them. Watch out for cities with trees.

Ah! So I need to go to each city & select what I'm aiding rather than just letting the computer pick it with aid button in my friends/guild/neighbors list. Thanks!

Malaime

Trees are Bronze Age. All GBs are age specific Which means you have to aid a building/deco from the GBs Age/Era for the chance of a BP. And there are no Bronze Age GBs. So all you get for aiding any Bronze Age stuff is the coin for aiding.

I believe the Tower of Babel & Zeus are BA. Perhaps you're thinking of Stone Age. I see this takes much more deliberation. I am hoping to build the Tower of Babel as I'm always short of people. But I suppose growing pains are normal for a newbie.

Thank you, again, for all the info!!!

Algona

Ah! So I need to go to each city & select what I'm aiding rather than just letting the computer pick it with aid button in my friends/guild/neighbors list. Thanks!

Well, depends on your goal. If you are targeting specific ERA GB BPs, this kinda works, but it's really slow.

Given the chance of a BP hit on any given Aid or manual mo/po is 1%, the time spent manually Aiding could be better spent.

There are much better methods to get BPs for the GBs tou want. You might want to ask about those.

Malaime

Well, depends on your goal. If you are targeting specific ERA GB BPs, this kinda works, but it's really slow.

Given the chance of a BP hit on any given Aid or manual mo/po is 1%, the time spent manually Aiding could be better spent.

There are much better methods to get BPs for the GBs tou want. You might want to ask about those.

Thank you for your input! Yes, I have discovered that it is time consuming to select specific items for aid & the BPs are rarely awarded!

I am learning about donating to other players GBs to gain FPs, medals, & BPs. But it takes money to make money, so to speak. As I've only been playing since this weekend, I don't have much to gamble with & have focused on "sure bets" that were fulfilled the same day. I was successful in gaining medals, BPs, & FPs.

Researching the GBs held by friends, guild members, & neighbors to find ones that would benefit me has also been time consuming. And then I found that donating to an Oracle of Delphi GB only gets you a BP for the Oracle which I already have! Now I'm wondering what other rules exist that determine the BPs awarded.

I rushed through the Bronze Age not knowing how the GBs work nor realizing I needed to stock up on things before advancing. So now I've put on the brakes & am trying to acquire the BPs for the Tower of Babel (I'm always scrambling for people & could use the goods boost) & the Statue of Zeus (both from the BA) while attempting to accumulate goods & FPs.

So, what are some better methods for acquiring the BPs for the specific GBs I want?

Algona

So, what are some better methods for acquiring the BPs for the specific GBs I want?

Donating to a specific Gs is the only way to get specific BPs for that GB.

I wish i had caught you before you left BA.

I'd have recommended you read this following. Give it a read, but I do NOT recommend trying to adapt your current city to it.

But maybe consider starting your next city (which you cold start tomorrow) using it:

Give that a gander, read through the first LONG post by Glarg.

Then read this post and this post by yours truly.

If you have any questions about that stuff please post them in that thread.

If yo do decide to start in a new world, I'm in MK, R, and W.

Long and the short you can pick up a lot of GB BPs Guild Hopping, following those three posts you can come out of BA with a lot of REsources you'll want wen you move into IA.

Good luck!

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

First chill out. there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be hurrying to get anything at your stage in the game. You are at exactly the right place in the game to be getting your city balanced.
Have you asked for advice in your guild? Are you getting it? If not find another guild.
Do you have both your boosted goods building built for BA and for IA? Doing this will give you a better base for trading for goods and you need to be building your goods inventory up for both these ages. As when you start doing GE you will need the goods from both ages if you need to negotiate.
Have you got any IA troops barracks built yet? You need those to be doing GE as you can win goods, coin. supplies, FPs and BPs doing GE.
Are you working the Continent map? You can also gain coin, supplies and other stuff there also.
Also build the butchers supply buildings in pairs either 4 or 6 of them. So you can make the most of the collect 2 meat skewers RQ. As that will get you more rewards.
As for GB swap threads,Keep an eye on them and when the last GB on the swap thread is for Zeus or ToB then donate the correct amount to it. And add your Oracle. If another Zeus or ToB is added and you have enough FPs. then do the same thing again. Do not put any of your own FPs on your own GB as that will get you nothing. If you find you are not managing to get a high enough spot to get BPs. then ask in your guild if anyone would be willing to start a private swap with you for a number of Fps you can afford on a daily basis for the GB you want.
Do the recurring quests that ask you to for coin and supplies ? as you get, goods, Coin, Supplies even diamonds from them Do not do the Unbirthday RQ that asks for coin and supplies as when you first start that You always pay in more than you get out when it pays out coin or supplies. Wait until you have a decent amount of each in your inventory first (I never do it until I have about 500000 of both coin and supplies. Some may not agree with me. but that is what works for me.

But forget trying to do it all at once. it does not matter if you take a month to get it all done. the game is not going anywhere.

P.S. Algona does good guides.

Malaime

Donating to a specific Gs is the only way to get specific BPs for that GB.

I wish i had caught you before you left BA.

I'd have recommended you read this following. Give it a read, but I do NOT recommend trying to adapt your current city to it.

But maybe consider starting your next city (which you cold start tomorrow) using it:

Give that a gander, read through the first LONG post by Glarg.

Then read this post and this post by yours truly.

If you have any questions about that stuff please post them in that thread.

If yo do decide to start in a new world, I'm in MK, R, and W.

Long and the short you can pick up a lot of GB BPs Guild Hopping, following those three posts you can come out of BA with a lot of REsources you'll want wen you move into IA.

Good luck!

Thank you for all this information, Algona! It's my fault for jumping right in & not reaching out sooner. But it's all good. Mistakes aren't failures; they're learning experiences. I will study these & plan my next city.

Malaime

First chill out. there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be hurrying to get anything at your stage in the game. You are at exactly the right place in the game to be getting your city balanced.
Have you asked for advice in your guild? Are you getting it? If not find another guild.
Do you have both your boosted goods building built for BA and for IA? Doing this will give you a better base for trading for goods and you need to be building your goods inventory up for both these ages. As when you start doing GE you will need the goods from both ages if you need to negotiate.
Have you got any IA troops barracks built yet? You need those to be doing GE as you can win goods, coin. supplies, FPs and BPs doing GE.
Are you working the Continent map? You can also gain coin, supplies and other stuff there also.
Also build the butchers supply buildings in pairs either 4 or 6 of them. So you can make the most of the collect 2 meat skewers RQ. As that will get you more rewards.
As for GB swap threads,Keep an eye on them and when the last GB on the swap thread is for Zeus or ToB then donate the correct amount to it. And add your Oracle. If another Zeus or ToB is added and you have enough FPs. then do the same thing again. Do not put any of your own FPs on your own GB as that will get you nothing. If you find you are not managing to get a high enough spot to get BPs. then ask in your guild if anyone would be willing to start a private swap with you for a number of Fps you can afford on a daily basis for the GB you want.
Do the recurring quests that ask you to for coin and supplies ? as you get, goods, Coin, Supplies even diamonds from them Do not do the Unbirthday RQ that asks for coin and supplies as when you first start that You always pay in more than you get out when it pays out coin or supplies. Wait until you have a decent amount of each in your inventory first (I never do it until I have about 500000 of both coin and supplies. Some may not agree with me. but that is what works for me.

But forget trying to do it all at once. it does not matter if you take a month to get it all done. the game is not going anywhere.

P.S. Algona does good guides.

Yes, Ma'am, chilling out. LOL! Seriously though, thank you for your help! I advanced to IA with little to work with, so I'm working on building up supplies, opening the tech tree, & building IA buildings. I negotiated the first area in the IA continent map, but didn't get any boosts. My BA military doesn't stand a chance in battle. (I've tried in quests a number of times.) Just got my first IA military building & am adding troops.

GB swap thread? Ok, I'm reading about those. Have not seen it - I'll ask in my guild if they have one.

Yes, I'm doing the quests. Thanks for the tip on the Unbirthday RQ. I'll avoid it.

Thank you, again, for all your help! You have been so kind.

The Lady Redneck

@ Melaime.... How long have you been in your present guild? If your guild has swap threads you will see them in the message center. Unless they have not added you. If you have been there more than a few days and you are not on the threads and there is so sign of communication between members in the Message center you need to find a more active guild.

Algona

It's my fault for jumping right in

Can't rightly agree to that. I don't see that there is any fault here at all.. INNO designed the game for you to do exactly what you did, jump in and play.

Until players find out otherwise, the flow of the game dictated by following Story and Side Quests guides players into a game state where doing everything becomes increasingly more difficult.

I still haven't figured out why this game is designed to do that.

----------

Anyway, I like your can-do attitude, that will serve you well. I look forward to seeing how you progress. Best of luck!

Malaime

@ Melaime.... How long have you been in your present guild? If your guild has swap threads you will see them in the message center. Unless they have not added you. If you have been there more than a few days and you are not on the threads and there is so sign of communication between members in the Message center you need to find a more active guild.

Just a day or two. After your reply, I posted a message asking about it & someone added me. There isn't many GB's I want in the threads. Quite a few of them are much higher ages. And most don't have many FPs added already. I've asked them what the rules are & am waiting to hear back. This is the first game of this type that I've played, so I am clueless when it comes to guilds & such. But I'm learning with the help of more advance players like you!

I don't see much communication in the guild but had a response to my first couple of messages. We'll see how it goes.