• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Daily Challenge

Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered before. I did do multiple searches.

My account on ARVAHALL is a month old, and I've completed all the EARLY MIDDLE AGE technologies. I have yet to receive any Daily Challenges.

Is my account glitched, or have Inno simply not deployed the Daily Challenge to accounts existing before the roll out?

Thank you in advance.

DC's have been rolled out to a minority of players across the game....it is raised much controversy and frustration on this forum over the last three weeks...you are not alone....

Thank you for responding so promptly. I'm good with waiting, was simply concerned there was something wrong with my account.

DeletedUser12620

Thank you for responding so promptly. I'm good with waiting, was simply concerned there was something wrong with my account.

Welcome to the club, in all seriousness they should be out soon (I hope) I have seen players in global chat asking which quest to pick LOL. I hope they do run out soon :)

DeletedUser27910

This is absolutely ridiculous. People in my guild are saying they are getting things like FP rewards. Apparently next week shrines of knowledge will be possible rewards. Anyone from Inno care to explain why some people get a chance at these rewards and others don't.

Very nice, one guy in our guild just said he's been getting them for a month or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Czari

It was the same way with Incidents. For quite awhile a group of players selected by Inno using some super-secret algorithm unknown to mere mortals had Incidents in their cities while a great many of us just got them last week. Based on that, I figure on seeing the Daily Challenge some time in December....maybe.

DeletedUser27910

It's nowhere near the same as incidents. incidents are a joke, a few hundred coins or supplies here and there. A forge point or two every once in a great while. I'll gladly trade everything I've gotten from incidents to date for one SoK.

DeletedUser29623

I did get diamonds from an incident, and I actually like the visual interest they add to the game. I hope they rotate in a changing assortment of images. But I’d like a shot at those challenges, too!

DeletedUser28676

Only received incidents earlier this month, and first ones have gotten it since what...June? Don't be surprised if it takes a while till you finally get the feature.

Freshmeboy

That was my concern as well, Absoluth..that the testing would last two months before global implementation and the gap between the 'Haves' and the 'Have-nots' would only increase the disparity and frustration....

Zaltrost

In an older world it's not a big deal. In a new world getting a prize like 30FP's early can make a huge difference.

DeletedUser28676

When i asked CS about why have a test server if this is how they'll run things, the answer was "we needed more data". I should've asked then why not just allow everyone to have it so they actually get 'more data', but i felt like it probably already crossed their minds and chose this way.

Oh well. Hopefully some of us gets to be the lucky ones "randomly chosen" to test the next feature. :D

DeletedUser29623

If you're testing something's effect on a system, it can be very helpful to have a parallel system to compare it with, like a control group in an experiment.

Lancer

If you're testing something's effect on a system, it can be very helpful to have a parallel system to compare it with, like a control group in an experiment.
The control would be the existing version/update. And if the "test" version had good enough review then it would come to be the new control. :) I understand everyone's frustration with the way things have been implemented though. Not my way but they had there reasons. What if the change was something that was awful to gamers and people didn't like it so much that they didn't want to play if that how it was going to be? That's where I can see their reasoning. That's not fact either, just my thoughts.

The control would be the existing version/update. And if the "test" version had good enough review then it would come to be the new control. :) I understand everyone's frustration with the way things have been implemented though. Not my way but they had there reasons. What if the change was something that was awful to gamers and people didn't like it so much that they didn't want to play if that how it was going to be? That's where I can see their reasoning. That's not fact either, just my thoughts.

Well damn!

I know it wasn't announced in the change log, but I'd half expected the Daily Challenges to be fully deployed. Others on Arvahall are getting them, why not all? It just doesn't seem right that some players on a server would receive DCs, and not all. That really makes no sense in an environment that has a competitive quality.

DeletedUser31592

Well damn!

I know it wasn't announced in the change log, but I'd half expected the Daily Challenges to be fully deployed. Others on Arvahall are getting them, why not all? It just doesn't seem right that some players on a server would receive DCs, and not all. That really makes no sense in an environment that has a competitive quality.
Incidents went on like this for a solid 6-8 weeks or more.