• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

Algona

Does it happen whether or not you’ve already opened a chest? I only get it when I haven’t. And the quests were much easier.

I'm not sure, I'll find out tonite.

I think the second round of Quests has been easier. Might ne observer bias, might be small sample size. But it could be that INNO nailed the no impossible tasks thing. Given only eight hours they can't pile on the 4 and 8 hour quests or such.

O dunno, and I suspect we wonl;t get the opportunity to gind out, because I think it;s a bug toed to the Winter Event instead of intentional.

Hmmmm. I wonder if Quests get easier if you don't pick a Chest until much later in the timer?

DeletedUser29623

I'm not sure, I'll find out tonite.

I think the second round of Quests has been easier. Might ne observer bias, might be small sample size. But it could be that INNO nailed the no impossible tasks thing. Given only eight hours they can't pile on the 4 and 8 hour quests or such.

O dunno, and I suspect we wonl;t get the opportunity to gind out, because I think it;s a bug toed to the Winter Event instead of intentional.

Hmmmm. I wonder if Quests get easier if you don't pick a Chest until much later in the timer?

I’ll check too. I did open chests in both cities, so if I wake up again, that will be the control. But I’m pretty sure that whenever I’ve opened a chest, it stays live for the full 24 hours. Although it’s possible that it flips if the player has done nothing to fulfill the quest? If that’s even possible for someone who’s playing actively.

DeletedUser31440

I’ll check too. I did open chests in both cities, so if I wake up again, that will be the control. But I’m pretty sure that whenever I’ve opened a chest, it stays live for the full 24 hours. Although it’s possible that it flips if the player has done nothing to fulfill the quest? If that’s even possible for someone who’s playing actively.

Once you've picked a chest you are stuck with that chest until the DC expires. I can't guarantee that on any of the chests I've opened I've made no progress, but it's almost impossible to open a chest and not make any progress on any of the DC conditions. Based on that I'm extremely confident in saying that once chosen you are stuck until the DC expires.

DeletedUser29623

Once you've picked a chest you are stuck with that chest until the DC expires. I can't guarantee that on any of the chests I've opened I've made no progress, but it's almost impossible to open a chest and not make any progress on any of the DC conditions. Based on that I'm extremely confident in saying that once chosen you are stuck until the DC expires.

That only makes sense. Otherwise the player would not be given the full 24 hours to complete the challenge. But apparently Inno does want to entice us with a second offer when the first doesn't appeal, and the challenges are scaled down accordingly. Maybe the rewards are too, but I'd rather have 30 Fps than almost any set piece building.

DeletedUser25166

22 one hour production
55% chance for 10 FP
Yup, guess who got the lousy FP instead of a samurai event building

Freshmeboy

At this point I'm going for the fps...if it isn't worth the fps I won't do it...negotiating GE or taking sectors is on my list of don't dos....My advice is to draw a line in the sand and keep it...May take longer to reach the Challenger chest but hey, I'm not going anywhere...

DeletedUser31498

One chest option Bazaar, Tigers' Den, Oasis, Fishing Hut, Palm tree.

Is fishing hut supposed to be playable? Oasis seems really week as it is, and Fishing hut is so close to the same but 4x4 instead of 4x3?

And bazaar is 5x4 for TWO FPs??? Or 5 goods every 8 hours? is that a joke? I'd rather win my 10,000th Gate of Sun. Am I missing something?

Freshmeboy

I still have Bazaars in my city...Yes, 10 tiles to the fp is a pretty hefty price to pay in my forge point city but until something better comes along, they will stay. And something has in the last few events, namely the Dark Castle and some more SoK's...so out came the flamethrower and down went a Bazaar and a Masq.Ball.....gave off a lovely glow to be sure....

DeletedUser31592

Is fishing hut supposed to be playable? Oasis seems really week as it is, and Fishing hut is so close to the same but 4x4 instead of 4x3?

And bazaar is 5x4 for TWO FPs??? Or 5 goods every 8 hours? is that a joke? I'd rather win my 10,000th Gate of Sun. Am I missing something?

Depends on your playing style.

Some people obviously value the Bazaar.
26172143_10215460053563690_8960577686511179325_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

Depends on a person's play style and preferences.

I favor Oases and similar buildings myself. It's a house that produces goods as well as double coins when motivated, and those goods are safe from plunder, always of the building's age, and always one of each type. Fishing Hut isn't great with its even bigger footprint, especially compared to the Kiosk, which is the most efficient building of this type.

I don't like Bazaars and the like myself, but others do. Look at how many people go after Terrace Farms. The Bazaar is one of the better buildings of its type.

But this chest worth the effort overall, IMO.

DeletedUser29623

I like my Bazaar and Rosarium for their flexibility, especially with the DCs. I got the “22 8-hour production” quest today, and I just set both of them to 8 hours, because they count along with supplies buildings. I wouldn’t want to do this with a Terrace Farm, but one FP lost or delayed one way or the other is fine when it means completing a DC, especially since most of the time they give 10 FPs anyway.

The Bazaar was also very helpful to me early on when I was moving up an Age and was ahead of the rest of my guild and neighborhood. I’d often be stuck trying to trade for copper or granite, which nobody seemed to have and my GBs weren’t that helpful unless they happened to dispense the good I needed. I could set the Bazaar to crank out the full complement of the the age’s goods for the first week or so and get by. It’s mostly only good for FPs if you’ve been camped for a while and are doing RQs, but I’ve also been short a handful of medals to get an extension and used them for those as well.

OldTyme72

Just a complaint although I'm sure it has been mentioned before.

Collecting 3500 tavern coins in 1 day seems kind of extreme. That's 2 full taverns & then some.

Please to be fixing. K. Thx.

Oskie wears Hello Kitty PJ's

DeletedUser32804

While I like the addition of DC, the prizes for it are terrible for the effort it takes. In some cases, the tasks needed for the daily are near impossible. But if you do finish a difficult task, the reward is most likely a worthless prize. The rewards needs to be improved. Depending on luck is no fun.

Freshmeboy

The rewards are a matter of perspective Luioleal...I'm not out anything by not doing these tasks and I have drawn a line in the sand as to what I will do to achieve them. Many of the prizes are fps, which never seem to go out of style and I feel great when there is a valuable prize but I get the 55% fp prize instead. Glass is half full with the DC's...

DeletedUser22932

Hi, I'd like to recommend that there be a difference between choosing a daily quest and not finishing it in time, vs not choosing a daily quest at all. For example, if I do 3 daily challenges in a row and am at +3, then have two busy days and don't accept a challenge, I should still be at +3 on day 6. Whereas, if I do attempt 5 daily challenges in a row and only get 3 of them then I'd be at +1 on day 6. As it stands now, if I don't have time to start one I get penalized the same way as if I had failed to complete one I started.

Thanks for listening! Its a fun additional feature to the game.

Freshmeboy

Well Mommabear, INNO doesn't care about the schedules of mere humans...they care about us playing their game daily. Daily play means more diamond usage, AKA more bucks, and every MMO knows this..Players that log in once a day and collect are the equivalent of the credit card user who pays off the balance of his card every month. Welcome to the forums and good luck

DeletedUser

Hi, I'd like to recommend that there be a difference between choosing a daily quest and not finishing it in time, vs not choosing a daily quest at all. For example, if I do 3 daily challenges in a row and am at +3, then have two busy days and don't accept a challenge, I should still be at +3 on day 6. Whereas, if I do attempt 5 daily challenges in a row and only get 3 of them then I'd be at +1 on day 6. As it stands now, if I don't have time to start one I get penalized the same way as if I had failed to complete one I started.

Thanks for listening! Its a fun additional feature to the game.
Hello, mommabear! Great to see you on the Forum! There is a thread titled "Daily Challenge Tip" that gives a method for skipping a day without losing progress. It's probably in the Forge Hall section of the Forum. :)

DeletedUser32804

If one chooses to play DC and finds that the required tasks are difficult (and yes they can be - I missed a tavern coin collection task by a few coins even after trying until the 24 hours expired to get others to sit at my tavern and visiting those that had space) you are set back on the 7/7 goal. Who wants to spent a day on impossible tasks or even doable tasks and then to get some lousy unit, decoration or a few FPs. The rewards need to be adjust. Not everybody luck is lucky. Maybe state what the tasks will be before we accept the daily challenge. Don't penalize if challenge is not accepted. The reward for 7/7 should not be luck of prizes ranging from good to worthless.