• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamond Farming proggress

DeletedUser

I hopped a lot of ponds last night and got a decent amount of additional Wishing Wells for each of my worlds. I think the average was around 7 per world, with one getting 11 or 12.

WinnerGR

Recently I have been getting more diamonds from birthday quests than WWs as I got 60 diamonds form unbirthday quests in lat 2 days.

so..........what are the keys to a well functioning diamond farm? lol

obviously it's about ww and foy, but what are the best gb's to get to allow the most space for those other buildings? i think a high arc is always a must, but then do you have an inno tower for pop or just a tob or event buildings with pop? do you have goods buildings or not care about goods? anything for fighting or do you not care about ge and gbg at all? those are the questions that i think will help.

too much attacking and arguing in this thread. let's make it useful.

DeletedUser

obviously it's about ww and foy, but what are the best gb's to get to allow the most space for those other buildings? i think a high arc is always a must, but then do you have an inno tower for pop or just a tob or event buildings with pop? do you have goods buildings or not care about goods? anything for fighting or do you not care about ge and gbg at all? those are the questions that i think will help.

Well, it can either be about WWs and FoY, or it can be about fighting as far as possible in GE/GBG. Or both. I wouldn't worry about an Arc in a Diamond farm except for Treasury goods. WWs and FoY will provide goods, coins, supplies, medals and FPs. I don't think they take any population, so that's not an issue. I would say that to maximize the Diamond farm, the major GBs to have would be the Alcatraz, Zeus, CoA, CdM, and the higher level military GBs, if you can manage them. To be effective in GE/GBG without taking up space with barracks, have one Rogue Hideout and rely on GE to provide unattached current era troops. The only concession to normal play would be some production buildings for event/DC quests in order to be able to earn more WWs. At least, that's my take on a Diamond farm. Currently, all my worlds are basically Diamond Farms, but they weren't always that way, so they only resemble what I've described here in an incomplete manner.

Agent327

Why should a high Arc always be a must? What would be it's function in a diamond farm?

DeletedUser34787

Why should a high Arc always be a must? What would be it's function in a diamond farm?

I've also wondered this - but I guess medal boosts to quickly increase space, and potentially sniping - after a while your FPs have to go somewhere that isn't tech or your own and they may as well be profitable?

Don't get me wrong, I've just started diamond farming and am indifferent to the Arc there, but I guess I can see some utility there.

DeletedUser34787

Finally starting to get somewhere here, but it's a slow process. Now probably getting 50 diamonds twice a week, maybe, which isn't much, but is more frequent than before. Hoping that with this event I can start accelerating the process.

Agent327

I've also wondered this - but I guess medal boosts to quickly increase space, and potentially sniping - after a while your FPs have to go somewhere that isn't tech or your own and they may as well be profitable?

For medal boosts and sniping you need to be active. The more fp's you get, the more you need to get rid of. Two things you do not want on a farm.

Woody*

Definitely NOT a must, but the functions would be:

#1 - medal expansions. Most of my DFs are in FE and need at least 12 more of them. I'm down to 8 medal expansions needed on a couple farms that have been in FE for a year or so, and the Arc speeds their progress

#2 - FP production to raise the other GBs you have higher and faster. I have a mix of GBs based on how much fighting I do, but on all farms I have Traz and Zeus for fighting, and LoA for goods/supplies.

Emberguard

Don't get me wrong, I've just started diamond farming and am indifferent to the Arc there, but I guess I can see some utility there.
Personally I could not be bothered with all the work that a Arc entails for a diamond farm. By that point you've basically just got yourself a second main city. Which ironically having a normal city I find much easier to get wishing wells and diamonds from purely because it's a stronger, better established city in general. But it defeats the purpose of having a diamond farm which is to only be an extension of your main world for the purpose of mining diamonds, not be an additional city to babysit.

Agent327

Definitely NOT a must, but the functions would be:

#1 - medal expansions. Most of my DFs are in FE and need at least 12 more of them. I'm down to 8 medal expansions needed on a couple farms that have been in FE for a year or so, and the Arc speeds their progress

#2 - FP production to raise the other GBs you have higher and faster. I have a mix of GBs based on how much fighting I do, but on all farms I have Traz and Zeus for fighting, and LoA for goods/supplies.

#1 It means you have to actively play that city and the purpose of a farm is the opposite as far as I am concerned.

#2 Again, that is not what a farm is about the way I see it. On a farm, you optimize the space you have to fit as much WW as possible. You treat it as a normal world where you have some WW's.

Woody*

#1 It means you have to actively play that city and the purpose of a farm is the opposite as far as I am concerned.

#2 Again, that is not what a farm is about the way I see it. On a farm, you optimize the space you have to fit as much WW as possible. You treat it as a normal world where you have some WW's.

We all have to spend FPs, or the FP bar will fill up and WWs with FPs on them will sit idle. Eventually, all you'd have is a bunch of wishing wells you can't collect from. But we know this, so we spend the FPs. I dump them on my own GBs until I run out of prints, and then I have to dump elsewhere. And when I fill up all the space available with wells...the only way to get more wells is to get more expansions. Arc expedites this.

Agent327

We all have to spend FPs, or the FP bar will fill up and WWs with FPs on them will sit idle. Eventually, all you'd have is a bunch of wishing wells you can't collect from. But we know this, so we spend the FPs. I dump them on my own GBs until I run out of prints, and then I have to dump elsewhere. And when I fill up all the space available with wells...the only way to get more wells is to get more expansions. Arc expedites this.

So you play it as a normal city.