• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamond Farming proggress

DeletedUser

On further updates can you please add in the sources so we don't have to scroll up to see where it;s coming from? 'Twould be much appreciated.
Today's net Diamond gain is 80. Add that to previous 2 days for a 3 day total of 385. All from city collections. Meaning Wishing Wells, Fountains of Youth and Crow's Nest. Six cities, in four I always use the "Collect all" button costing 5 Diamonds. Could get more if I had time for GE/GBG, but I don't right now.

Captain Christian

I got another 100 diamonds out of 17 W.W.s, 3 L.W.W.s, and a Hedge Maze, bringing my total up to 1,400. I am a F2P Player, and I've only ever one 200 from a forum contest, meaning the other 1,200 is nothing but pure profit.

Why should a high Arc always be a must? What would be it's function in a diamond farm?
my opinion, an arc is needed to help grow quickly. once you have a diamond farm fully established, then i don't think an arc matters. but as you grow the city, i'd think an arc is vital. you need to be able to do quests in order to get ww's and foy's, and i don't want my entire city taken up with residential buildings and supplies buildings, so an arc help grow the city faster and make it a well functioning diamond farm. also, i'd like to be able to do gbg and ge to earn more diamonds, so i need other gb's to make that work as well. i guess it depends on what you want.

Well, it can either be about WWs and FoY, or it can be about fighting as far as possible in GE/GBG. Or both. I wouldn't worry about an Arc in a Diamond farm except for Treasury goods. WWs and FoY will provide goods, coins, supplies, medals and FPs. I don't think they take any population, so that's not an issue. I would say that to maximize the Diamond farm, the major GBs to have would be the Alcatraz, Zeus, CoA, CdM, and the higher level military GBs, if you can manage them. To be effective in GE/GBG without taking up space with barracks, have one Rogue Hideout and rely on GE to provide unattached current era troops. The only concession to normal play would be some production buildings for event/DC quests in order to be able to earn more WWs. At least, that's my take on a Diamond farm. Currently, all my worlds are basically Diamond Farms, but they weren't always that way, so they only resemble what I've described here in an incomplete manner.
also, to get all of the bp and goods for those gb's, you need to be in a halfway decent guild. any halfway decent guild will require you to have an arc

Agent327

my opinion, an arc is needed to help grow quickly. once you have a diamond farm fully established, then i don't think an arc matters. but as you grow the city, i'd think an arc is vital. you need to be able to do quests in order to get ww's and foy's, and i don't want my entire city taken up with residential buildings and supplies buildings, so an arc help grow the city faster and make it a well functioning diamond farm. also, i'd like to be able to do gbg and ge to earn more diamonds, so i need other gb's to make that work as well. i guess it depends on what you want.

What we want is the same. Diamonds. I am just not willing the spend the time and effort on it that you do. Arc just takes up space that I need for WW's. To place an Arc I need to go look for goods. Way to much work if you ask me. I just collect the daily login bonus from events. Spend it on WW's and built up the farm with very little effort.

DeletedUser

also, to get all of the bp and goods for those gb's, you need to be in a halfway decent guild. any halfway decent guild will require you to have an arc
You need to get off the Arc bandwagon when it's not relevant. You don't have to hyper level any GBs to have an effective Diamond farm. And for the Arc to be relevant in any city, you have to seriously work it. And that turns a Diamond farm into another main city. The Alcatraz is much better for a Diamond farm than the Arc any day.

Emberguard

You don’t need a halfway decent guild to get goods. You just need to find a seller

my opinion, an arc is needed to help grow quickly. once you have a diamond farm fully established, then i don't think an arc matters.
and how long would it take you to grow the arc? Which will take longer? The arc or the farm? If you get the farm finished before the Arc then by your own admission you won’t need the Arc anymore.

but as you grow the city, i'd think an arc is vital. you need to be able to do quests in order to get ww's and foy's, and i don't want my entire city taken up with residential buildings and supplies buildings,
I don’t see how an Arc changes that. Your city still needs the same things as before. The wells still provide supplies and you still need productions for events

DeletedUser

Today's net Diamond gain is 80. Add that to previous 2 days for a 3 day total of 385. All from city collections. Meaning Wishing Wells, Fountains of Youth and Crow's Nest. Six cities, in four I always use the "Collect all" button costing 5 Diamonds. Could get more if I had time for GE/GBG, but I don't right now.
Net Diamonds from collections in 6 cities: 230
Spent 5 Diamonds x 4 cities for "Collect all". Manually collected in 2 cities. 250 Diamonds collected at a cost of 20 Diamonds.
Net 4 day total, all by the same method: 615 Diamonds.

Woody*

And for the Arc to be relevant in any city, you have to seriously work it. And that turns a Diamond farm into another main city.

Up front, I don't have an Arc in most of my diamond farms. That said, I believe neither statement is true. I don't seriously work at it, and I spend very little time on my farms other than in the acquisition of new wells. An Arc as an FP-dump facilitates gaining the space for more wells. When you hit FE and have no room for more wells (but have dozens in inventory) and can still buy 12 medal expansions what are you going to do?

DeletedUser

Up front, I don't have an Arc in most of my diamond farms. That said, I believe neither statement is true. I don't seriously work at it, and I spend very little time on my farms other than in the acquisition of new wells. An Arc as an FP-dump facilitates gaining the space for more wells. When you hit FE and have no room for more wells (but have dozens in inventory) and can still buy 12 medal expansions what are you going to do?
Well, I have an FE city with a level 80 Arc that I don't "work" by my definition of that term. And it has not been at level 80 terribly long (less than 6 months). I also have never specifically pursued medals for expansions. But I only have 2 medal expansions left to earn. I think if someone got to FE and still had 12 medal expansions left to get, I would wonder what they've been doing wrong. I would be inclined to think they had rushed the tech tree, if only slightly. As I said, better to have (and dump FPs in) an Alcatraz in a Diamond farm than an Arc. Not to mention that having the Zeuz, CoA and CdM gives you highly relevant GBs to dump your FP into. To me, this is just another example of what I call "Arc virus". Thinking that it is relevant and/or necessary to any and every play style.

(Full disclosure: I have an Arc in 4 of my 6 active Diamond farm cities. I do not "work" any of them, except for one day when I was bored and went through my neighborhood with the level 80 Arc and sniped a few top spots. Never followed up on that, though.)

Woody*

Well, I have an FE city with a level 80 Arc that I don't "work" by my definition of that term. And it has not been at level 80 terribly long (less than 6 months). I also have never specifically pursued medals for expansions. But I only have 2 medal expansions left to earn. I think if someone got to FE and still had 12 medal expansions left to get, I would wonder what they've been doing wrong. I would be inclined to think they had rushed the tech tree, if only slightly. As I said, better to have (and dump FPs in) an Alcatraz in a Diamond farm than an Arc. Not to mention that having the Zeuz, CoA and CdM gives you highly relevant GBs to dump your FP into. To me, this is just another example of what I call "Arc virus". Thinking that it is relevant and/or necessary to any and every play style.

(Full disclosure: I have an Arc in 4 of my 6 active Diamond farm cities. I do not "work" any of them, except for one day when I was bored and went through my neighborhood with the level 80 Arc and sniped a few top spots. Never followed up on that, though.)

We agree on using Traz as a dump. I also use at least 2 other GBs on my farms (Zues and either LoA or ToB). However, I'm out of prints on many worlds, therefore I need a new dump. You might not have run out of prints on any worlds, but trust me, it happens.

You can wonder about the medals, but I didn't do anything wrong. It's just that you can't earn meaningful medals in this game without the Arc (relative to expansion costs).

An Arc eventually gives you a net gain on space through medal expansions. On the other hand, CoA and CdM only take up space... Unless you are fighting on your farms (which means you are playing them). The only reason I have a Zeus and 1-goods GB is to have a dump in the first place. Then I add a Traz, because it is a great facilitator for getting the wells and shrink kits. But once you're set on kits, those attack GBs are a waste of space - again, unless you're fighting.

DeletedUser

You can wonder about the medals, but I didn't do anything wrong. It's just that you can't earn meaningful medals in this game without the Arc (relative to expansion costs).
So on one world I have only two medal expansions left to get, and on another I have them all, and on neither have I "worked" the Arc except for that one day. Sounds like I earned "meaningful" (are there meaningless medals?) medals on both.

DeletedUser

Net Diamonds from collections in 6 cities: 230
Spent 5 Diamonds x 4 cities for "Collect all". Manually collected in 2 cities. 250 Diamonds collected at a cost of 20 Diamonds.
Net 4 day total, all by the same method: 615 Diamonds.
Net Diamonds strictly from collections in 6 cities, using the "Collect all" 4 times: 130
Net 5 day total, all by the same method; 745 Diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woody*

So on one world I have only two medal expansions left to get, and on another I have them all, and on neither have I "worked" the Arc except for that one day. Sounds like I earned "meaningful" (are there meaningless medals?) medals on both.

How did you earn those medals other than from your Arc? It wasn't from VTs and SoAs.

DeletedUser

How did you earn those medals other than from your Arc? It wasn't from VTs and SoAs.
You're joking, right? Sure, some of them are from the Arc bonus, but only a tiny percentage of the total. None of them are from SoAs, but some are from VTs over the years. Like I originally said, get off the Arc bandwagon.

Jern2017

I managed to pick some WW Shrink Kits yesterday from the Daily Specials. This enabled me to squeeze in additional WWs I had sitting in my inventory, bringing the total number of my WWs and FoYs to 134.

Woody*

You're joking, right? Sure, some of them are from the Arc bonus, but only a tiny percentage of the total. None of them are from SoAs, but some are from VTs over the years. Like I originally said, get off the Arc bandwagon.

I am legitimately curious how you got them. Every method of getting medals that I'm aware of pales in comparison to what an Arc can provide...but I could be missing something