• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser20367

The 'end of event' prizes are definitely better than they were on Beta with the Zig today and the Hideout tomorrow. Last 3 days prizes on Beta were Tree of Love, Drummer School & Witchdoctor.

DeletedUser10789

They could always pop a DIAMOND SALE on the 2nd to last day of the event and then offer Rogue Hideout's too to entice players to spend money to get them. I could see that happening, but we never know. My Sales and Marketing background tells me, the good prizes are few and far between if anymore even come out. But if you see a sale again, you know what it means, like I do. Also, they might just offer the Rogue Hideouts on the second to last day or the last day. Again, we wait to see what happens next.

Hello All,
As stated above, I said this how long ago and guess what happened.???
Rogue Hideout's come back again. Very Nice. I have been hording eggs, JUST IN CASE and I also stated I doubt they would come back, but then I called it right on the money saying 2nd to the last day of the event. Funny, how that works.
Now in order for me to really nail it, does anyone think they offer a sale too. Well, I do. It is very logical, BUT who knows.
Since I have been hording my eggs, I will see what the last day's Prize is and then decide if my 600+ eggs that I have been saving on all of my 10 worlds, then I will go for what fits me best on each.
Enjoy all and have fun.
Steve - LordStevie

PS. I will post my results on each world and I know some here have posted results, but can you really believe what everyone tells you. You can ONLY go by what you personally get and I will post all of mine, that any mod can verify, if they want too. I have nothing to hide and no excuses NOT to tall the truth.

DeletedUser20367

I've noticed an interesting behavior from the Color Guard. Twice now I've seen one bypass a Rogue and hit a real troop. They don't do much damage but this could make them just SLIGHTLY more useful on defense.

DeletedUser9635

Today we have the Rogue Hideout. Any inclination what the last prize is? Would be nice to know so I can decide to use my eggs on the Rogue Hideout or wait for the last prize.

DeletedUser10415

Today we have the Rogue Hideout. Any inclination what the last prize is? Would be nice to know so I can decide to use my eggs on the Rogue Hideout or wait for the last prize.

While it has always been the pattern in the past that an event is the same across all servers, we have seen with this event that there is no certainty of that. That said, the player maintained wiki has an Easter event page which is updated with prizes as soon as they hit the European servers, which gives those of us on the U.S. servers a preview of things to come. If you just wait until - what 6pm or 7pm EST (I think they're 6 hours ahead), then check the wiki page here, http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Easter_Event , you'll have your answer.

Raslo81

I myself thought this was an excellent Easter event. I made out like a bandit, getting some excellent stuff. Was it worse than last year? I really could care less, I wasn't here last year. I played the 40 egg chest and won 70 eggs. Then play the 70 egg chest and won the daily prize of shrine of inspiration. What are the odds? I must be the long shot.

DeletedUser8420

with ALL THE OB BPS I got I still didn't get the piece to unlock another level...are you kidding me? I got nearly a 10 of those things and still didn't get the last piece to unlock another level....RIDICULOUS!!!!

DeletedUser8420

They should let us transfer leftover eggs from our other cities to our choice of one of those cities...that would let us have at least one last chance to get something decent.

DeletedUser10415

I myself thought this was an excellent Easter event. I made out like a bandit, getting some excellent stuff. Was it worse than last year? I really could care less, I wasn't here last year.

As you admit, you have nothing to compare your experience with. Those of us who have been playing for a few years can truthfully say you made out like a poor man, if comparisons with last year are to be made.

DeletedUser13838

As you admit, you have nothing to compare your experience with. Those of us who have been playing for a few years can truthfully say you made out like a poor man, if comparisons with last year are to be made.

Among other things I got 3 soks this time. How many eggs would it have taken to get 3 soks last easter?

DeletedUser8152

Actually I should say I did much better than last easter too. 3 SoKs, one rogue hideout, 5 reno kits. Last year I think it was 3 reno kits and a bunch of medals. Not that the medals were bad, but I don't need them so much now.

But me personally, I thought last year was more fun.

qaccy

It would take a lot more eggs, but one also got a lot more eggs in the previous year.

Not really. You potentially COULD, but egg payouts were about equal parts random and rearranging your playstyle and social interactions to draw in more eggs. Last year it wasn't even possible to win the grand prize without a lot of egg visitors and/or luck with collections/chest prizes (winning eggs). You got a whopping 602 eggs from quests (and hiding 300 eggs in a 288-hour window was implicitly impossible without using egg hiding packages), which is 2 gold chests. Assuming you got an equal number of visitors as eggs you had to hide to complete quests, and assuming 5 eggs per collection on average, you'd end up just over 2,100 eggs, enough for 7 chests. Again sticking with the 5-egg average, you'd need another 60 visitors for each additional gold chest. This year, with up to 811 eggs available just from quests (not counting egg popups or TH collections), the odds were on your side to get many more SoKs this year if that was your aim.

DeletedUser3556

On Arvahall I've gotten so far 2,020 eggs, I bought the Gold Chest 6 times and won; 3 Oasis, 1 Quintuple Hiding Action Package, 1 Renovation Kit, and 1 Shrine of Knowledge.

Comparing my Easter haul of last year posted above, to what I won this year ( updated from prior post ); 4 Shrines of Knowledge, 1 Color Guard Camp, 2 Observatory Blueprints, 3 Rogue Hideouts, 1 Foeberg Shop, 1 Shrine of Inspiration. I find myself in agreement with qaccy and jaelis. This year I did much better than last and players had a much better chance of winning larger amounts of what I would consider top prizes ( Wishing Wells, Rogue Hideouts, Shrines of Knowlege, Halls of Fame ) than during 2015.

Raslo81

That might be true, but to me that seems like complaining because you won the $5000 prize instead of the $10000 prize. I'm way ahead of where I started when the quest began. Fun is what you put into something. I think the members of our guild did a pretty good job of making it entertaining. Especially with the 10 or more extra Color Guard camps that will never get used. That's some good comic fodder there.

DeletedUser14197

I went for the rogue in one of my cities doing the gold chest and got I believe 4 observatory blueprint prizes and 2 color guards. I can't remember if I got anything else, but kind of disappointing. I will be able to open one bronze chest tonight after I collect 15 eggs, but am not feeling very lucky. The prizes at the end have been ok. I was hoping for watchfires, but I guess one can only get them from the silver chest. I stuck mainly to the gold chest and the one city I finished I was able to get 3 grand prizes, so that was nice.

DeletedUser13452

Just voicing my opinion here. I was ready to buy diamonds or eggs for the easter event - I did at the Christmas event. But I cannot believe how this event is set up - it is an insult. I have to spend money to get a chance at the daily special ....... or a 10 fp package? OM...fG... I cannot believe this! In one world I saved all my eggs for the second SOK to show up, and I spent 7 large chests - I got one SOK and three of the unbelievably useless colorguard barracks - I cant imagine ever building even one of them....

And Inno expects that I will be so excited to spend more money to get eggs for this???? For gambling???? OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!! I am starting to think I am spending my money with the wrong game here. This is just terrible - and NOT FUN at ALL - it is an insult- if you are a paying customer.
Look at it this way...You saved yourself some money. ;)

DeletedUser

Though most of the prizes were not stellar,and terribly easy to get-I think it went off well. My Guildies are complaining about the prizes mostly.