• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Edited -Rival quest - problem fixed

Pericles the Lion

Rival is about being prepared and one of the best ways to prepare is to pay attention to what players post. @UBERhelp1 posted the entire rival questline on the Feedback thread before Rival started. His info made it much easier, and less costly, to run the quests. I did my standard 4 boards and used up a lot of the freebie tools that Rival provides and got thru 24 of the 32 quests without spending diamonds or extra energy. Tomorrow, I'll do another 4 boards and see how far I can get. Maybe 32, probably less, but there are some nice rewards along the way.

KingJMobile

I’m barely in and all it keeps asking for is freeing gems and getting keys. Over and over and over. I’m at 320 reset cost, the highest I’ve ever been in this game ever, and am bowing out. I’ll leave it to the Diamond spenders. The message is pretty blatant.
I thought this Rival Challenge was a bit fairer. To overcome the cost, I just planned for the day – had an untouched game. The main strategy I had was using the pickaxe tool and the free piece spawners – some of which gave colorless gems – to complete boards and avoid the reset cost. Managed to pick up several boosters and spent only 500-700 energy overall (spent minus gained). Must've completed 3 or 4 boards and reset 3 unfinished ones.

jaymoney23456

This rival is better than most of them imo. Only one better was the one that gave the lab of monstrosities and the winter pyramid. Only real problem with that one was the stupid last quest that needed silly number of 24 hour productions and that they took out the santa's spectucalar showtime for a reward from it.

PJS299

I've completed 22 quests for free, and will finish the rest tomorrow for free.

It's easy to do if you actually try, and doesn't involve any money/diamond spending if done right.

Emyrs the Kind

yah i am stuck at the next to last quest needing to free 3 level 1 gems which are not on my board and the reset cost is 70 and i have 0 energy ) is one more quest and collect left a few hours before the quest ends
Btw what is the Last quest in the Rival quest so i will know if it is even Possable to complete it

PJS299

yah i am stuck at the next to last quest needing to free 3 level 1 gems which are not on my board and the reset cost is 70 and i have 0 energy ) is one more quest and collect left a few hours before the quest ends
Btw what is the Last quest in the Rival quest so i will know if it is even Possable to complete it
Look at this post from @UBERhelp1

KeithOfTheForge

I’m barely in and all it keeps asking for is freeing gems and getting keys. Over and over and over. I’m at 320 reset cost, the highest I’ve ever been in this game ever, and am bowing out. I’ll leave it to the Diamond spenders. The message is pretty blatant.
Reset cost? I've had problems finishing a board maybe once or twice. How are you not finishing boards? If your reset cost is 320 that means your last one was 160? You were that far away from finishing your board that 16 more pieces wouldn't do it for you?

I finished the entire Rival yesterday and didn't spend a single diamond. Had plenty of energy saved up and used Finish All Supply Productions on the 24 hour productions. The worst part of Rival was the win 20 in a row, win 25 in a row, win 20 in a row battles but those can just be done in the PvP tower.

I thought this Rival Challenge was a bit fairer. To overcome the cost, I just planned for the day – had an untouched game. The main strategy I had was using the pickaxe tool and the free piece spawners – some of which gave colorless gems – to complete boards and avoid the reset cost. Managed to pick up several boosters and spent only 500-700 energy overall (spent minus gained). Must've completed 3 or 4 boards and reset 3 unfinished ones.
I can't imagine how you could finish the rival questline spending only 500-700 energy. It took me practically all of the >3000 energy I had accumulated in the event so far, plus almost all of the boosts I picked up doing it, to complete all 32 quests. Releasing gems and keys was by far the most costly of the challenges, requiring me to clear several boards to do them. The multiple 24-hour productions weren't as big a problem because I could get 3 of them up at once and complete them all with the same productions. The gem and key releases weren't as good about that because there were several of them in each separate questline so I could only work on one of them in each of the four questlines at a time. I did manage to complete it without spending any diamonds, though, so that alone is an improvement over the last event rival questline.

Pericles the Lion

I can't imagine how you could finish the rival questline spending only 500-700 energy. It took me practically all of the >3000 energy I had accumulated in the event so far, plus almost all of the boosts I picked up doing it, to complete all 32 quests. Releasing gems and keys was by far the most costly of the challenges, requiring me to clear several boards to do them. The multiple 24-hour productions weren't as big a problem because I could get 3 of them up at once and complete them all with the same productions. The gem and key releases weren't as good about that because there were several of them in each separate questline so I could only work on one of them in each of the four questlines at a time. I did manage to complete it without spending any diamonds, though, so that alone is an improvement over the last event rival questline.
I spend 500 energy per day, that's it. I did 24/32 rival quests on day 1 spending the 500. I finished 25/32 on day 2 before I got to my 500 limit. I used the reward tools and finished 2 boards along the way to get the free resets.

Sharmon the Impaler

Rival gives you a lot of boosts so your energy cost shouldn't be nearly that high. Clobber all of GE4 before starting it and the fighting and negos will all autocomplete. I spent 1140 energy to complete Rival this time.

Last edited:

KingJMobile

It was simple really. If the board looks good or at least average, complete it with the pickaxes. If it's terrible, reset. You get 12 picks, loads of spawners plus parallel quests with the fire, water, and wind gems. Unless you were very unlucky I can't imagine having to spend that much if you were playing optimally.

(Btw, I spent 1000-1200 energy but this was subtracted from the 500 gotten from Rival).

It was simple really. If the board looks good or at least average, complete it with the pickaxes. If it's terrible, reset. You get 12 picks, loads of spawners plus parallel quests with the fire, water, and wind gems. Unless you were very unlucky I can't imagine having to spend that much if you were playing optimally.

(Btw, I spent 1000-1200 energy but this was subtracted from the 500 gotten from Rival).
There is no way of knowing what gems will spawn, so it's hard to tell if a board is "at least average". To clear a board usually takes me at least 200 energy, frequently more. I had to clear about 10-15 boards to do all the quests. Also, the most efficient way of freeing gems isn't the most efficient way to make keys. Using one level 4 gem to clear lots of others may clear more gems but will make less keys. The quests also require making a certain number of keys. Just one quest alone required freeing 30 locked gems and making 12 keys. That right there required clearing two boards, as there are usually no more than 15 of the gem you need. I used all of the spawners and picks. I only used one prism.

Last edited:
Rival gives you a lot of boosts so your energy cost shouldn't be nearly that high. Clobber all of GE4 before starting it and the fighting and negos will all autocomplete. I spent 1140 energy to complete Rival this time.
I used all the boosts except the prisms. I did finish GE 4 to auto-complete some of those quests, but those didn't cost any energy to begin with as neither did the fighting battles or completing productions quests. Just clearing gems and making keys is what cost me all that energy.

Pericles the Lion

There is no way of knowing what gems will spawn, so it's hard to tell if a board is "at least average". To clear a board usually takes me at least 200 energy, frequently more. I had to clear about 10-15 boards to do all the quests. Also, the most efficient way of freeing gems isn't the most efficient way to make keys. Using one level 4 gem to clear lots of others may clear more gems but will make less keys. The quests also require making a certain number of keys. Just one quest alone required freeing 30 locked gems and making 12 keys. That right there required clearing two boards, as there are usually no more than 15 of the gem you need. I used all of the spawners and picks. I only used one prism.
Just in case you didn't notice, the daily challenge can reward keys. These keys work to fulfill the Rival quests if you can match up the keys you win with the keys that are needed. I waited until I had all three of the gather key quests active before collecting my DC reward on both days.

Requirements of Rival quest lines:

Wind: unlock 65 gems, gain 45 keys
Fire: unlock 65 gems, gain 45 keys
Water: unlock 65 gems, gain 45 keys
All: unlock 48 gems of specific levels (6 level 4, 10 level 3, 14 level 2, 18 level 1)

Absolute minimum number of gems to free: 195
Absolute minimum number of keys to make: 135

Total number of locked gems on one board: 32

Assuming perfect overlap so that every board unlocked the maximum number of required gems and keys for each quest line, you would have needed to clear at least six boards plus part of a 7th just to have enough locked gems available to free, not even to mention that your spawns would have had to be perfect so that absolutely none of them went to waste and your boards would have had to be perfect so that each board produced exactly the right number of gems of each type so that each quest in each quest line would be completed at the same time and no locked gems would be wasted by not counting toward completion of a quest. In addition, to maintain perfect efficiency, you would have to stop every time you completed the gems/keys portions of one quest to go and do whatever other requirements there were for that quest so you could move on to the next quest in that quest line and not waste any unlocked gems or keys that weren't working toward completion of the next quest. Forget about the incredible luck you would need for all those perfect spawns and boards and the time it would take to do all the dozens of battles and productions that you wouldn't be able to overlap perfectly, even with all that how could you even find 195 gems to free and 135 keys to make on just 3 or 4 full boards plus parts of three more?

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Requirements of Rival quest lines:

Wind: unlock 65 gems, gain 45 keys
Fire: unlock 65 gems, gain 45 keys
Water: unlock 65 gems, gain 45 keys
All: unlock 48 gems of specific levels (6 level 4, 10 level 3, 14 level 2, 18 level 1)

Absolute minimum number of gems to free: 195
Absolute minimum number of keys to make: 135

Total number of locked gems on one board: 32

Assuming perfect overlap so that every board unlocked the maximum number of required gems and keys for each quest line, you would have needed to clear at least six boards plus part of a 7th just to have enough locked gems available to free, not even to mention that your spawns would have had to be perfect so that absolutely none of them went to waste and your boards would have had to be perfect so that each board produced exactly the right number of gems of each type so that each quest in each quest line would be completed at the same time and no locked gems would be wasted by not counting toward completion of a quest. In addition, to maintain perfect efficiency, you would have to stop every time you completed the gems/keys portions of one quest to go and do whatever other requirements there were for that quest so you could move on to the next quest in that quest line and not waste any unlocked gems or keys that weren't working toward completion of the next quest. Forget about the incredible luck you would need for all those perfect spawns and boards and the time it would take to do all the dozens of battles and productions that you wouldn't be able to overlap perfectly, even with all that how could you even find 195 gems to free and 135 keys to make on just 3 or 4 full boards plus parts of three more?
I suppose that you can spend the next four days rationalizing. Or, perhaps, it would be beneficial asking the players that managed to complete the Rivals without spending diamonds (or jeopardizing their progress on the Event) for advice. If you choose to do the former you will likely repeat your performance during the next Rival quest.