• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Einstein Questline

DeletedUser26660

alternative prize for einstein quest

Einstein-Violin.jpg

DeletedUser28015

Here's a fine quote from Einstein that highlight's Inno's genius:

I do not play any games. There is no time for it. When I get through work I don't want anything which requires the working of the mind.

Here's another one, from his preface to Emmanuel Lasker's biography:

I am not a chess expert and therefore not in a position to marvel at the force of mind revealed in his greatest intellectual achievement in the field of chess. I must even confess that the struggle for power and the competitive spirit expressed in the form of an ingenious game have always been repugnant to me.

Yeah, Einstein and chess ... shear brilliance, Inno!

ODragon

The wording is plenty clear and should be familiar from other quests ... you don't get the benefit of the technology until it is researched/unlocked/has a green checkmark.

It was silly to finish your tech when you knew that this event was coming.
Um I didn't know an event was coming, I've been here barely a week.

DeletedUser28015

Um I didn't know an event was coming, I've been here barely a week.

You've got an 80FP tech, so you've been playing the game a lot more than a week. I would expect someone who puts that much time into something to keep up with it, but I guess not.

DeletedUser26154

Am I the only one who noticed that the chess board has the wrong orientation? ...

Very good eyes Lemur... White is bottom right corner, on your right side.
I would never have noticed that until you pointed it out.

DeletedUser9468

Is there any chance that we can have an additional option for quest #5? I'm one of those players who doesn't like rushing to the next era, I have my own set of rules before I'll move on, e.g. position in the hood, good gathered, coin and supplies etc. Currently I have 5 cities stuck at quest #5 and would love to have this new building in all my cities.
I suggest something like extra forge points spent, or good gathered, just something other than being forced into a new era if that's the only technology available to unlock.

Praetorius

Is there any chance that we can have an additional option for quest #5? I'm one of those players who doesn't like rushing to the next era, I have my own set of rules before I'll move on, e.g. position in the hood, good gathered, coin and supplies etc. Currently I have 5 cities stuck at quest #5 and would love to have this new building in all my cities.
I suggest something like extra forge points spent, or good gathered, just something other than being forced into a new era if that's the only technology available to unlock.
Given that Oceanic Future is coming out, I'm certain that is the exact reason the research quest is mandatory to try to force anyone that completed the tech tree into the new age.

DeletedUser26660

Couple of the tasks in this quest are designed to get us to spend diamonds, such as taking sectors without fighting and gaining control over a province. One has to decide is it worth that to get a mixed up Chessboard :)

DeletedUser26965

Here's a fine quote from Einstein that highlight's Inno's genius:

Here's another one, from his preface to Emmanuel Lasker's biography:

Yeah, Einstein and chess ... shear brilliance, Inno!
Maybe the Germans are still upset about the whole A-bomb thing lol

DeletedUser28083

Do you unlock all technologies in all eras, even ones you won't use such as goods buildings that you don't have the materials from the maps to make? If you have not done a technology on a previous era you can do one of them instead. It's a waste of FPs but at least it won't move you into another era if you aren't ready to do that.

wolfhoundtoo

You are not going to get an alternative to the research a tech quest. They brought it up in Beta and it's been brought up previously in numerous prior events/quests. Sometimes (but not often) they do provide an alternative but those alternatives are already in place when they bring it to 'live'. With only a week to complete it what you see is what you get.

DeletedUser9468

Thanks for the responses and I've basically resigned myself to the fact that I'm just going to let this one go in a lot of worlds. I usually do all techs, map unlocks for any era that I've moved into, but I'm going to take the advice of those goods boosts I don't need I won't unlock. That was useful, thank you :D

DeletedUser25273

You may want to rethink the strategy of just unlocking all the techs. Normally there are a couple near the end of an era that aren't really vital that can be held off to use for events.

DeletedUser28015

You're funny. Savvy players know that they have to keep technologies in reserve for when they are required in quests. You were too greedy and so you lost out ... entirely your own fault, so don't come crying here expecting Inno to suddenly release a new version of the game tomorrow just for you.

DeletedUser28015

Couple of the tasks in this quest are designed to get us to spend diamonds, such as taking sectors without fighting and gaining control over a province. One has to decide is it worth that to get a mixed up Chessboard :)

Neither of those require diamonds, just goods.