• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT 2017

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser26154

where the baskets doesn't even show up woo hoo those folks on the G server have yet to get it right .....

If that's happening, you should file a ticket to support.
Add all the screen shots and time-stamps you can.
The more clear, concise information you add to the report, the better.

DeletedUser29639

So today's special prize is cider mill.

Why? Unless I'm mistaken I'll be getting 3 from quests alone already... and I'll barely be able to upgrade one of them to max level as it is. I'm sure tomorrow or a few days from now the special will be the upgrades -but seriously- who wants that? You'd need to win the daily special 4 times to end up with a fully upgraded mill. At a 20% chance per 135 apples... it just doesn't make sense to me.

The palace needed 5 parts to fully function, and ideally you'd get more of certain parts to maximize space per FP, but at least if you were patient the parts were significantly easier to get.

Here's to hoping the coming prizes get better. Doesn't need to be SoK or Wishing Wells, but... idk something useful would be appreciated.

DeletedUser28970

Unless I'm mistaken I'll be getting 3 from quests alone already
You are mistaken. You can get a Cider Mill from the 1st and 3rd questlines. Upgrades are available from the 2nd, and 3rd questlines and from the market's 1000 apple prize. This provides you with upgrades for 1 complete unit. Any other upgrades have to be gotten via the Daily Special or additional upgrades from the Market at increasing costs. (this is where buying apples with diamonds comes in lol)

I snagged a 2nd Cider Mill today just because I want to use it only as a supply building ...

Oh! BTW: One of the daily specials will be a Bazaar. I'm saving apples for that! I love time-based reward buildings!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29639

Fair enough, I thought we got one per chain along with the 2 upgrades for chains 2 and 3. I probably should have looked again.

And if it's useful to you at base level then I guess that's good, I can be less salty knowing someone is getting use out of it even if I think it's a pretty "meh" prize myself. Still kinda stinks that at best you get a 20% chance per 135 apples, and it never gets any better, but that's a different problem entirely.

DeletedUser28970

At first I thought it would be "meh" too ... until I placed my 1st one .... with all the supply boosts I have the Mill will churn out around 2,500 supplies per hour during peak boosts, it's only 2x3, it requires less than 20 workers, and it was free. I have to admit that I like that. :D I know I will dump it sometime in the future but for me none of the current supply buildings even come close to it right now.

DeletedUser27023

So today's special prize is cider mill.

Why?

I've read that many people will just place the Cider Mill without upgrades. I think it's actually the most efficient (based on size/productivity) before you upgrade it.

DeletedUser26660

My tip is use 75 apples to buy the mass motivation kit, you know exactly what you are getting for your 75 apples and when you consider what benefits you get from using a MMK it is a no brainer imho.

DeletedUser28903

I looked at the wiki, special buildings and decided I won't put up a cider mill until I get one of those quests for some event that says "Build 8 production buildings for your age or 16 from the previous age." Then when I want to put it back into storage, I can use an upgrade. That will be kinda nifty.

Sactoman

I find that having the highlighted basket items change only every 3 days is too long and kills some of the excitement of playing the event. It would be better to have them change daily. If we don't want them on the first day, we aren't going to want them on the 3rd day.

DeletedUser29623

I find that having the highlighted basket items change only every 3 days is too long and kills some of the excitement of playing the event. It would be better to have them change daily. If we don't want them on the first day, we aren't going to want them on the 3rd day.

But you might spend most of your apples trying to get one and then not have enough left to buy more. This way you have a couple of days to get more apples.

DeletedUser28970

I will try to explain it to you:

a) There are 8 types of items in each basket
b) There are 24 days in the event
c) 24 divided by 8 = 3
d) Each item is featured for 3 days for possible multiple sales.
e) You have to win the item first.
f) The rest of us can't understand what the problem might be ...

... kills some of the excitement ...
Excitement?? There was excitement and I missed it?? Dang!
Rats! ... Great, Big, Dirty, Miserable Rats!*

* The Weird Kingdom, Hudson & Landry, 1974

DeletedUser26120

Don't know how accurate this is, but was just posted in my guild forums on V:
rewards for the event: Sept 5-Wishing Well, 6-Shrine of Knowledge, 7-Caravansary, 8-Medium Medal Package, 9-Champion Retreat, 10- Cider Mill, 11- Color Guard Camp, 12 Large Attack Boost, 13-Shrine of Knowledge, 14-Renovation Kit, 15-HALL OF FAME, 16-Rogue Hideout, 17-Cider Mill, 18-Three Boost Crate, 19-Shrine of Awe, 20-Wishing Well, 21-Bazaar, 22-Shrine of Inspiration, 23-Drummer School, 24-Cider Mill Upgrade Kit, 25-Cider Mill, 26-Rogue Hideout, 27-Shrine of Knowledge, 28&29-Medium Medal Package

Long way to wait for upgrade kit but at least SoK comes up again after it - so my plan will still work. Hold on to apples until 2 upgrade kits are won then spend rest on SoKs.