• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser29646

Please do not have any get sector or scout province quests for those who have no where left to scout and no sectors to take pls... last 2 events u had none and I hope it stays that way.

DeletedUser

Please do not have any get sector or scout province quests for those who have no where left to scout and no sectors to take pls... last 2 events u had none and I hope it stays that way.
The only time you would have no provinces to scout and no sectors to take would be if you were at the end of Virtual Future. And in that case, those quests would auto-complete.

DeletedUser35550

It’s funny that you can see people showing up both beta forum and here complaining about the same stuff. We have enough crybabies already so go back to beta and cry to developers since they got paid to hear those
there's a difference between critiquing and complaining - we are trying to make it better and prevent the headaches the bet testers get

DeletedUser31735

The windmill, shrink Rouges, and the next upgrade of cider mill seem all super cool!!! Not sure what anyone is complaining about. This event seems to have some really great rewards!!! The whole recipe thing seems a lil confusing, but Im sure it will make sense once it starts.

kmc11

The event is looking good :v
I will not say anything about the building rewards many people probably already have given feedback to that.

I love the fragment concept and HOPE it stays after the event, otherwise it'd be a nice feature thrown away for no reason.

Also I gotta say each time INNO comes up with a new event and a new set of event buildings, for some things I do understand why the designs are linked to what they output ( pirated ship IMHO ). But for the mill, there's 3 equally nice designs and people have to chose by effectiveness instead of design.

Why not make the designs like the Victory Tower, randomly chosing one of it's designs when placed/moved.
If that is not something that would be considered a good addition why not make a CHEAP item that makes you able to select the design only ( not change production ) of certain event buildings like the fall mill or the ship. So people COULD pick the design they want most.

DeletedUser31592

Seriously, I haven't played this game long, but I can see a pattern. Before an event, many posts about how the next event sucks and is so bad compared to previous event x. After the event, tons of posts about all the awesome stuff everyone got.
Yup.
I only complain about two things: 1. Having TOO MANY EVENTS (yes, I know I can skip them, it is more that the game is too easy now- strategy is no longer needed- just complete the events and your city will practically run itself) 2. Events where you cannot win the top prize without diamonds.

DeletedUser35550

I don't know, I am bummed about the ingredients being in the daily challenges as rewards. You (according to beta) only get one ingredient (amount and type) if you win it from the DCs, which isn't that much, and it takes away a % towards winning the DC prizes. Sure, some DCs are crap, but the set prize DCs? I want more Maharaja's Palace pieces, more Cherry Garden pieces, not just one apple.

Still, the ingredients being in incidents is nice, kind of like the spring event.

As for the event prizes themselves, the Mills are pretty good. Just kind of ugly (in my opinion of course). So I won't be going for multiples (like I did with getting all 3 ships, which look cool IMO). The rogue hideout shrink kit is nice, and the new Cider Mill upgrade is nice.

That's what I'm going for this event. A Cider Mill and it's upgrades.
same here - I got the Mill (missed out last year) and 2 upgrades

Its nothing more than another INNO money making scheme.

Well, that is the POINT of the whole game... to make money.

But I still beg to differ on your intimation that you need Diamonds to complete these events. I've been playing for almost three years now, and have completed nearly every event with the top prize. The first two events I didn't finish because I was a noob and there have been a couple of buildings that i did not get enough upgrades for (Grand Bridge - cough, cough). But this year, i haven't had any trouble getting every fully upgraded building. Oh, and BTW, I've never spent a single dime on this game and am doing really well (I think).

Oh, and to keep it on topic, this event looks to have a lot more variety of things to do, collect and work for than the previous few. I'm looking forward to it.

DeletedUser29726

Well, that is the POINT of the whole game... to make money.

But I still beg to differ on your intimation that you need Diamonds to complete these events. I've been playing for almost three years now, and have completed nearly every event with the top prize. The first two events I didn't finish because I was a noob and there have been a couple of buildings that i did not get enough upgrades for (Grand Bridge - cough, cough). But this year, i haven't had any trouble getting every fully upgraded building. Oh, and BTW, I've never spent a single dime on this game and am doing really well (I think).

Oh, and to keep it on topic, this event looks to have a lot more variety of things to do, collect and work for than the previous few. I'm looking forward to it.

Grand Bridge wasn't balanced to be completed without diamonds - *expected* upgrades while trying for it was only like level 5/7 nevermind if you had a bit of bad luck. Winter Village was kindof in the same spot (you could finish something but nothing all that great and you'd get nothing else). A number of events if you were very unlucky you could've missed out (often ~1% chance but with how many players there are, it'd happen to some folks).

Your first Lv 7 Mill of Fall won't take diamonds or luck, just balance your ingredient usage and do the quests.

RazorbackPirate

Your first Lv 7 Mill of Fall won't take diamonds or luck, just balance your ingredient usage and do the quests.
Each Ingredient gives you a 5% chance of winning the Daily Spacial and each gives one Star. A 1 Ingredient Recipe earns you 1 Star and a 5% chance, 2 Ingredient Recipes earn you 2 Stars and a 10% chance, 3 Ingredients, 3 Stars and 15%. Bake less recipes with a higher chance per recipe, or bake more recipes with a lower chance, you still have the same % chance at the Daily Special whichever you choose.

DeletedUser26120

Quest 4: Ms Appleton: "Spend some Forge Points" and "Acquire a sector"
Reward: 1 Apple

Prepare. Inno may respect all play styles but they are not obligated to cater to campers. The game is designed for you to move up.

IngeJones

I'm actually only interested in the cider mill and upgrades. I hear they are rewards in this event. Does anyone (maybe someone who played beta) have any idea how likely they are to come up and whether as special prizes or just random from baked dishes?

DeletedUser32328

I'm actually only interested in the cider mill and upgrades. I hear they are rewards in this event. Does anyone (maybe someone who played beta) have any idea how likely they are to come up and whether as special prizes or just random from baked dishes?
I don't play on beta, but the daily specials that have come up on beta can be found here: https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Fall_Event/Beta
Looks like once cider mill building and once upgrade up to now. Event is still running there too, so more may come.

DeletedUser22367

Is getting multiple Mills of Fall possible? I'm just wondering if I need to scramble for all the update kits I can get or if I can just work my way to 6 upgrade kits and coast along.

DeletedUser35770

As a lot of others have stated here or beta forums; I really hope this fragment system works into the game after the fall event is over. Whether in dailies or GE it would be nice to see it continue without a huge power creep.

I’ve also enjoyed trying to balance my ingredients. The summer event and soccer event were just collect a currency and spam when you liked the daily special or something was on the wheel. This is a little more tedious, but Still not so difficult you couldn’t do it unless your spamming recipes inattentively. I could see having a few of one ingredient at the end and being stuck, but you guys have to collect diamonds somehow.

The concurrent quests after quest number four is absolutely amazing. It allows for longer bursts of things to do within the game and I could see that helping people who only Log in one big burst rather than checking throughout the day.

As with any event I have participated in i’m already better off in my city for playing it. It’s always a bit more enjoyable to have now things to do in the game and I have enjoyed all these events lately. They’ve all been unique and at the same time familiar. I look forward to creating a mill!