• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser30900

If they put fragments at daily challenge, people gonna show up later on saying “I have enough SOKs and I don’t need wishing Wells, give us expansions fragment instead” then later on inno gonna add some other goodies and people gonna be “ the chance to get SOKs fragments is too low” and it’s gonna be a dead loop forever. Let’s just stick these fragments with seasonal events:)

DeletedUser29726

Is getting multiple Mills of Fall possible? I'm just wondering if I need to scramble for all the update kits I can get or if I can just work my way to 6 upgrade kits and coast along.

Not without significant diamond expenditures. 1 mill is easily free (you'd have to miss a lot of the event to not finish it), the 2nd mill will cost about 7-9k diamonds on top of getting everything you can for free.

Salsuero

Sectors i dont mind so much as province acquisitions ..... I've found with time and boosted military i no longer need to negotiate sectors and this method of advancing far exceeds forcing players to take provinces to fulfill quest requirements.

Like this a lot better ....

It impacts the ability to complete Daily Challenges... eventually you either have to ignore them or take the remaining sectors of the open province so they don't ask you to do it anymore... which just means you'll be taking the province one way or another if you don't plan on skipping lots of Daily Challenges. Slower or not, taking a sector still sucks as it will lead to taking the whole province eventually.

DeletedUser30900

It impacts the ability to complete Daily Challenges... eventually you either have to ignore them or take the remaining sectors of the open province so they don't ask you to do it anymore... which just means you'll be taking the province one way or another if you don't plan on skipping lots of Daily Challenges. Slower or not, taking a sector still sucks as it will lead to taking the whole province eventually.
Only for campers:)

DeletedUser31882

Ok just a repeat of the summer event, same format, similar rewards Blah, Blah, Blah. Except this time guys we all have to get in touch with our feminine side put on our aprons and bake a cake!! Is this the very best INNO can come up with?

Real men cook their own damn food. Preferably frown from their own damn garden after they've harvested it with their own damn tools.

Also, Kiss the Chef aprons can be pretty sexy. Manly sexy, if we are terribly worried about the balance of our yin yang.

Feedback & other thoughts:
~I like how the league system is continuing (More guaranteed free rewards with incentive to buy/do every daily).
~I haven't gotten an ingredient from incidents yet, but I like the rumor that it is possible to get 'em from 'em.
~Mixed feelings on ingredients in DC reward lists. If it took 100% of it's chance from the dummy prize, I'd be fine. If it takes away some % from the top prizes? Sad Panda on Strike. I haven't done the math (I should have, yesterday's DC for me was a Researcher's chest), so I'm unsure if this is an irrelevant point.
~It would be 'better'(?) if an ingredient was rewarded in addition to the normal DC prize. This may not be feasible with this event due to how powerful one ingredient is. Maybe future events could look into making this an incentive to complete DCs as well as the quest line? *shrugs* Probably to much to balance and/or too much of a 'freebie' depending on how people feel about DC rewards.
~I like the idea of SoK/WW shard rewards. I got thoughts on where this can go, of course. On the one hand, it could take away the chance of other prizes, which is lame. Then again, they could start using shards to replace other very unpopular dummy prizes in other parts of the game (30k coin/supplies replaced with 1 SoK shard in GE? *shrugs*). In that case, I'm tentatively excited. I'll be even more excited if they create a set piece shard system which allows a player to collect X amount of shards and cash them in for a specific set piece. If an option is created to allow the turning other set pieces into shards, then players can have the short term RNG win if they are lucky with DCs, or can start liquidating their 10+ western palace towers to turn them into the set piece that RNG has not blessed them with. Anywho, I'll be interested to see where this mechanic goes.
~Additional Shard thought: Wouldn't it be grand if we could smash all our SoIs into a 'shard of shrine' fund?
~I like Mills. I like upgrades to mills. Last year's event was my first event with FoE. Time to upgrade my Mills and get new Mills.

That's all I gots for now. Happy Fall Y'all.

Salsuero

Only for campers:)

Campers are a part of the game, so impacts to them are real and actual. Just because you don't approve doesn't mean everyone agrees with you.

And it also applies to people who aren't camping but don't want to advance any further on the continental map for other reasons... so, NO.

RazorbackPirate

I have gotten multiple ingredients from Incidents, which is great. What isn't great is completing a Daily Challenge and only getting an ingredient.
or a Palm Tree, which is way worse. I haven't gotten an ingredient from DC yet, but I did pick the chest with the ingredient I'm most in need of.:) I like the way they just shaved a few % off the other prizes. You could say, "Just replace the "junk" prize in each chest." That would work great for the Palm Tree, instead of 10 FPs, not so much.

In the Cherry Blossom chest, the ingredient was the highest chance at 20%, the GoW normally 5% was 4%. Same crap chance of winning. I ended up with 10 FPs as usual. I would have rather gotten an extra Cinnamon. Same with the Military Commander's chest. All 5 unit types were there, but with a 16% chance of winning, instead of the usual 20%. 4% from each was given to the ingredient at 20%. Again, ended up with 5 unattached units I don't really need. Would have rather gotten the extra Caramel.

It's just a few weeks and adds a little variety to the otherwise stale DC chests. Overall, I like it.

I also got my first ingredient from an incident. It was from the Fruit Vendor, which is a Common Incident. As far as the Hippo on the Raft, maybe 2 or 3 Ingredients? I wouldn't mind. Again, it's just for a few weeks. They seem to have used the same strategy, added it to the list of rewards and with equal weight.

DeletedUser35771

I feel inconvenienced - or maybe downright p**sed :confused: :(

Today's DC was supposed to be 30 FP - 100% - no other choices. And what do I get ?

A freakin' caramel...

I wouldn't have minded, if it had been listed as one of the possibilities, but it wasn't.
If I'd known the DC was going to be a Bait & Switch I would have opted for the other quest, which wasn't as attractive to me.

RazorbackPirate

Today's DC was supposed to be 30 FP - 100% - no other choices. And what do I get ?

A freakin' caramel...

I wouldn't have minded, if it had been listed as one of the possibilities, but it wasn't.
If I'd known the DC was going to be a Bait & Switch I would have opted for the other quest, which wasn't as attractive to me.
The ingredients are listed in all the chests and all the percentages have been adjusted for the addition. The chest you selected was most likely listed as 20% chance caramel, 80% chance 30 FPs.

DeletedUser29726

The first mill comes after completing 7 quests. The second mill was something like 10 grand prizes in on beta - not sure if that's where it is in the grand prize order on live.

Salsuero

I have no time for DC nor GvG nor PvP

Ok. Not sure how that contradicts my statement. Doesn't impact you, specifically. Cool. I didn't say that it did, though.

since I manage 8 worlds with limited time

Yup. That's why. I manage just one town, so my available time to play the game is much less thinned out.

in fact, only 3 of my main worlds have a dang TOWER OF RELICS GB @ level 10

My ToR is level 5. I still enjoy the game.