• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT: Progress and Strategies

Never did I ever think I would cry over 2 baking ingredients until just now... when I made the mistake of NOT finishing my GE level (at least) before leaving my old guild and joining a new one. (GE is in my daily challenge but I'm automatically locked out until the next one.) Doh! :eek: *hair pull*

*sniffle*

Last edited:

voidsource

I notice most layouts of how to maximize output seem to indicate u spend more money to get those extra side pieces, I have not seen many with realistic perspectives for the joe that doesnt spend on the events. So today while i was thinking of what pieces i can use (should i not be able to complete a full set ) i came to realize of this set up. Its quite simple and possibly an alternative to the current default. It basically gives u 13fps, some attack and def but its mostly fps focused (since im an fps farmer). Of course the fps can be swapped out with the goods side piece as well in order to get some goods but ur 13fps can drop to 8 or to 3. On top of that this set up is 4x5 in space which is a nice alternative to the 6x7 the default requires. Comes in handy if ur short on space.
Also only the top sunflower patch is the only one that would need a road connection someway somehow which seems to be handy.
Again, this is just an alternative to space and meant really for fps farmers and as mentioned before u can swipe any of the 1x3 with the scarescrows 1x3 so that u get goods in in place but it will bring ur fps count down. The red number in parenthesis indicates the number of unique units that unit itself must touch to get the max effects which are written under it. Space is 4x5 with 1 road connection needed for 1 unit.

misc.jpg
Edit: Forgot to mention that should u swap fps for good the 4x5 piece would be giving u 8fps and 15 goods. Which is relatively good when u put it up against the piazza set which gives out 8fps as well and 10 goods (if im not mistaken) or the cherry blossom set which give out 7fps and 8goods( if i remember correctly) but both of those require 2 of their individual units to be connected to the road and their pieces to be leveled up to level 2 in order to get that full effect and their space is 5x5. So on its own i think this is something to not dismiss right away.

Last edited:

Nicholas002

I notice most layouts of how to maximize output seem to indicate u spend more money to get those extra side pieces, I have not seen many with realistic perspectives for the joe that doesnt spend on the events. So today while i was thinking of what pieces i can use (should i not be able to complete a full set ) i came to realize of this set up. Its quite simple and possibly an alternative to the current default. It basically gives u 13fps, some attack and def but its mostly fps focused (since im an fps farmer). Of course the fps can be swapped out with the goods side piece as well in order to get some goods but ur 13fps can drop to 8 or to 3. On top of that this set up is 4x5 in space which is a nice alternative to the 6x7 the default requires. Comes in handy if ur short on space.
Also only the top sunflower patch is the only one that would need a road connection someway somehow which seems to be handy.
Again, this is just an alternative to space and meant really for fps farmers and as mentioned before u can swipe any of the 1x3 with the scarescrows 1x3 so that u get goods in in place but it will bring ur fps count down. The red number in parenthesis indicates the number of unique units that unit itself must touch to get the max effects which are written under it. Space is 4x5 with 1 road connection needed for 1 unit.

View attachment 17150
That certainly is a viable option. You could even get this set without finishing the event.

I have not seen many with realistic perspectives for the joe that doesnt spend on the events.
Most of These are free.
You should be able to get 7-8 fields for free.

voidsource

Most of These are free.
You should be able to get 7-8 fields for free.

Really? well i just recently made a post about my baking based on the ingredients i've collected. I got up to 5 grand prizes ( which included 2side pieces and a barn upgrade ) but that cant be considered extra. How are u getting more without spending?

Nicholas002

Really? well i just recently made a post about my baking based on the ingredients i've collected. I got up to 5 grand prizes ( which included 2side pieces and a barn upgrade ) but that cant be considered extra. How are u getting more without spending?
That info is in my original post (if you open all the spoilers lol). If you finish the event, you will get 2 fields from the quests, 4 from the grand prizes, (9 grand prizes total), and 1 or 2 from the leagues. That comes out to 7 fields if you get apprentice league, and 8 fields if you get professional or star baker leagues. To get the 9 grand prizes, you need 180 ingredients. By finishing the event, you can expect 189 ingredients, not counting incidents. With a normal amount of incidents you can probably get around 210 ingredients, so the 9 grand prizes will be comfortable.

voidsource

That info is in my original post (if you open all the spoilers lol). If you finish the event, you will get 2 fields from the quests, 4 from the grand prizes, (9 grand prizes total), and 1 or 2 from the leagues. That comes out to 7 fields if you get apprentice league, and 8 fields if you get professional or star baker leagues. To get the 9 grand prizes, you need 180 ingredients. By finishing the event, you can expect 189 ingredients, not counting incidents. With a normal amount of incidents you can probably get around 210 ingredients, so the 9 grand prizes will be comfortable.
ah ok. I thought u meant u already had t hem, i was about to say lol. I went back to look at it and while i did not see the actual numbers ( probably blind or something lol ). I am curious how u came out to those numbers. I recently did my own spending on the event baking for the grand prize, i was taking notes of what ingredients i was spending and so forth. I realized i was averaging out 5-5-4-4-2 spending on ingredients (in no particular order ). I went from like ~24 ingredients each to ~5 ingredients of each. And this was me being careful. That alone was for 5 grand full prizes. I think i could have gone 1 more grand prize but i wasnt sure if i would make it or not based on what the recipes required. So i rather not risk and better safe and save up till the next time i collect more and see something worth going for.

The rest of the daily quests done, daily challenged done, daily log in and incidents, that i would have another set of ingredients almost as equal to that first run. I know bc i kinda did that math to see roughly how much i would have. And that is assuming that the ingredients i get kinda even out throughout the table. Im talking about like incidents, daily challenge and daily log in which are randomizers. Btw incidents only seem to give out 2 ingredients per day. So maybe it seems i would just end up in the end in the top 20% and not top20% which would give out 2 more selection kits. and all that baking would have given me at least all of the side pieces missing from the questline (which is 4 )....don't know if i could get 2 barns upgrades from the baking, i know one is for sure but at the way these ingredients are going it is unclear whether that 2nd one will be from baking or the leagues selection kit. But that would complete the set for sure. If that is the way then i would not get extra side piece. But if for some reason it ends with me being in the top5% then yea i could get those 2 more extra pieces. But i would def have to wait much more when it gets closer towards the end of the event.

Nicholas002

ah ok. I thought u meant u already had t hem, i was about to say lol. I went back to look at it and while i did not see the actual numbers ( probably blind or something lol ). I am curious how u came out to those numbers.
copy/paste from OP:
sources of fields/barn/barn upgrades:
From quests:
- 1 farm lvl 1
- 1 farm upgrade
-2 fields selection kits

From leagues:
- bronze= 1 Farm selection kit (you can pick a barn, upgrade, or field)
or
- silver= 2 Farm selection kits (you can pick a barn, upgrade, or field)

Grand Prizes:
- 4 fields selection kits at 1st, 3rd, 7th and 9th
- 1(2) barn upgrades at 5th (and 11 th)
sources of ingredients:
start of event: 10
main quests: 54

daily quests: 42

milestone: 20
daily login: 21
Daily challenges: 42
=========== 189
+ incidents

I recently did my own spending on the event baking for the grand prize, i was taking notes of what ingredients i was spending and so forth. I realized i was averaging out 5-5-4-4-2 spending on ingredients (in no particular order ). I went from like ~24 ingredients each to ~5 ingredients of each. And this was me being careful. That alone was for 5 grand full prizes. I think i could have gone 1 more grand prize but i wasnt sure if i would make it or not based on what the recipes required. So i rather not risk and better safe and save up till the next time i collect more and see something worth going for.

The rest of the daily quests done, daily challenged done, daily log in and incidents, that i would have another set of ingredients almost as equal to that first run. I know bc i kinda did that math to see roughly how much i would have. And that is assuming that the ingredients i get kinda even out throughout the table. Im talking about like incidents, daily challenge and daily log in which are randomizers.
20 ingredients=20 stars= 1 grand prize.
20 ingredients spent always gives you 1 grand prize. no exceptions

So maybe it seems i would just end up in the end in the top 20% and not top20% which would give out 2 more selection kits. and all that baking would have given me at least all of the side pieces missing from the questline (which is 4 )....don't know if i could get 2 barns upgrades from the baking, i know one is for sure but at the way these ingredients are going it is unclear whether that 2nd one will be from baking or the leagues selection kit. But that would complete the set for sure. If that is the way then i would not get extra side piece. But if for some reason it ends with me being in the top5% then yea i could get those 2 more extra pieces. But i would def have to wait much more when it gets closer towards the end of the event.
To max the barn set, you need to get 11 grand prizes (220 ingredients) OR professional league, and you have to use the league reward selection kit for barn upgrades, not fields.

voidsource

20 ingredients=20 stars= 1 grand prize.
20 ingredients spent always gives you 1 grand prize. no exceptions

To max the barn set, you need to get 11 grand prizes (220 ingredients) OR professional league, and you have to use the league reward selection kit for barn upgrades, not fields.

yea, ideally that makes sense. The only thing i can see being an issue is that some of those recipes include ingredients that are like repetitive. So eventually u can run out of ingredients of one type and then later have recipes show up that require that missing ingredient to show up and since its being repetitive....could be costly for someone not really paying attention. Can't tell u the many times i wanted to just take the easy road but if i had done that i would have been out of chocolates than any other ingredient. Thats why ideally it makes sense....but it would still be costly if u ran out of one or two ingredients and were asked for those down the line several times.

Nicholas002

yea, ideally that makes sense. The only thing i can see being an issue is that some of those recipes include ingredients that are like repetitive. So eventually u can run out of ingredients of one type and then later have recipes show up that require that missing ingredient to show up and since its being repetitive....could be costly for someone not really paying attention. Can't tell u the many times i wanted to just take the easy road but if i had done that i would have been out of chocolates than any other ingredient. Thats why ideally it makes sense....but it would still be costly if u ran out of one or two ingredients and were asked for those down the line several times.
you are right. but when I spent 90 ingredients on day 1, to get the September cottage, I managed to spend every ingredient.
You just have to always keep it in mind to even out your ingredients, and even if you get unlucky with the last 3 recipes, you shouldn't be stuck with more than a few.

voidsource

you are right. but when I spent 90 ingredients on day 1, to get the September cottage, I managed to spend every ingredient.
You just have to always keep it in mind to even out your ingredients, and even if you get unlucky with the last 3 recipes, you shouldn't be stuck with more than a few.
ill have to wait as we get closer to the end days bc by then my ingredients should have restocked for the most part and then ill know if the restocking from the randomize sources have even out for the most part or to be careful around xyz ingredients.

Nicholas002

Another option for people who have extra space is to build the barn as well as the attack set. you won't get as much out of the barn, since it won't be fully supported by 6 unique pieces, but if you have space, or if you need the extra pop., happy, coins, or supplies, it's not too bad.

like this:

2020-09-19 11_56_10-Book1 - Excel.png OR 2020-09-19 12_11_41-Book1 - Excel.png

One thing I kinda overlooked is that you get pieces of the barn, like it or not, so the only reason not to build it would be the space issue.
with apprentice league, you could build the 7 fields of the attack set (4 wheat, 2 ochre, 1 begonia) along with the barn to get 8 additional FPs.
Or if you get professional league, you could build 8 attack fields and 3 defense fields with the barn for an even bigger attack boost.

Stay Rita

I was able to reach quest 54 on 13/15 worlds 2 of which I was able to get to 37 but I made it in time for the wishing wells to drop and was very lucky to win a lot last night was super busy was able to log in to spend all my ingredients (took about 2 hours to clear 13 worlds) I forgot to spend on my two other worlds oh well but still successful

K world - 4 wells L world - 4 wells, M world - 3 wells, N world - 9 wells O world - 11 wells P World - 6 wells Q World - 3 Wells R World - 13 Wells, S World - 4 Wells, T World - 8 wells U world - 12 wells, V World - 7 wells W World - 6 wells Missed B2 World and X World

jorgedetaco

So far it seems one will need to spend 180 goods and end up in bronze/apprentice to get that kit and you should have all the pieces and lvl4 barn. Ive got every daily quest for the extra 2 ingredients plus at least 1 in incidents sometimes 2 incidents a day. It look as if all i have to do from here out is complete the event and get a few more incidents. Im saving for 2nd round of cottage or sentinel upgrade. Ill know more after I spend what I have

jorgedetaco

Fall cottage seems kinda mediocre for all the upgrades u need
I got 4 upgrades the first day. There is very few buildings that provide the magic 1fp per 3 squares and fight boost. On top of that defense. It doesn't seem impressive at first glance, but imagine 2 marble gateways that produced 4fps defense and triple the coin

jorgedetaco

It just occurred to me, if you get all the dailys and all the incidents you effectively double your ingredients intake. All the math says all i have to do from here out is complete event regardless of daily and incidents and I should have the full set. So far ive gotten every daily and some days 2 from incidents a day. Ive got 138 ingredients now and have already spent 36. It seems you never really know til you get at least 85% through.

dtown20

Nicholas--any thoughts from the beta about getting the repeat of the September cottage--so far that seems like the best that's come along.
Haven't spent anything yet

Nicholas002

Nicholas--any thoughts from the beta about getting the repeat of the September cottage--so far that seems like the best that's come along.
Haven't spent anything yet
On beta it appeared twice, so I would hope it does on live as well. But we won't know until it appears.. or doesn't...

jorgedetaco

We are getting down there. I only saw/remember 2 crappy things from beta list that haven't shown up yet- store kit and medal package. So sentinel upgrade and september cottage should be soon.