• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Farming GvG for Medals: When Will The Silliness End?

DeletedUser26965

In June of 2016 Inno said this "Basing on your feedback, we've come up with solutions that will patch some of the loopholes that were reported by you and were making it possible to 'farm' lots of ranking points"

Well, it didn't work. I'm on one of the worlds and in one of the guilds whose AA sectors are farmed daily so some goofballs can get their victory expansions. The same guild attacking numerous times a day, everyday, for months on end. It costs them 25 medals to lay siege, it costs us 40,000 medals to get the sector back if we didn't catch it in time. They don't care if they lose the sector as that's not what they're there for.

I'm quite certain GvG was not intended so people can farm AA for victory expansions. So, when will the silliness end?

Edit: Okay, so apparently I was wrong, like way wrong, here is the response I got regarding this issue in regards to point farming the AA GvG map it is: "a completely acceptable practice" their words.

What I don't understand and what this post is about is how inno can go to lengths to close one GvG point farming issue, call it abuse, then turn around and state the exact opposite with another GvG point farming issue calling it "a completely acceptable practice". Which is it, abuse or acceptable? it can't be both:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

So, when will the silliness end?

stop that meme.jpg

Farming pvp points, medals, etc is as old as time itself.
Cavemen used to do it.
In just about every game, some way is found.
And there will always be players poised and ready to make full use of it.
It's not illegal, but it doesn't feel nice.

wolfhoundtoo

In June of 2016 Inno said this "Basing on your feedback, we've come up with solutions that will patch some of the loopholes that were reported by you and were making it possible to 'farm' lots of ranking points"

Well, it didn't work. I'm on one of the worlds and in one of the guilds whose AA sectors are farmed daily so some goofballs can get their victory expansions. The same guild attacking numerous times a day, everyday, for months on end. It costs them 25 medals to lay siege, it costs us 40,000 medals to get the sector back if we didn't catch it in time. They don't care if they lose the sector as that's not what they're there for.

I'm quite certain GvG was not intended so people can farm AA for victory expansions. So, when will the silliness end?

I'm going to have to disagree with you. No one says a guild has to attack and try and hold large areas on any map which if you are paying 40,000 a siege means you own quite a bit. That's the penalty anyone pays holding sectors: a huge cost for you to retake it while very little cost for someone to attack.

DeletedUser26965

I'm going to have to disagree with you. No one says a guild has to attack and try and hold large areas on any map which if you are paying 40,000 a siege means you own quite a bit. That's the penalty anyone pays holding sectors: a huge cost for you to retake it while very little cost for someone to attack.
I don't mind when people disagree as it's sometimes good in that it offers an opportunity to flesh out the matter however your disagreement here seems misplaced to me in that I'm not arguing that somebody is saying that a guild must hold large areas of land, I'm simply addressing what Inno was in part trying to fix last June and has avoided fixing completely since then. Just read their words not mine:

"...patch some of the loopholes that were reported by you and were making it possible to 'farm' lots of ranking points..."

"...fix some loopholes that were abused by players..."

Clearly Inno, players and myself see this point farming in AA as an exploit, a loophole, something some players choose to abuse, again Inno's words not mine. So if you disagree in that you believe it is not that then it's not just me you're disagreeing with but the intentions of Inno in it's design for GvG. AA/GvG was never intended on being a farming area for points.

DeletedUser8152

Certainly it is now harder and more expensive to farm than it was. I guess that was their goal.

As far as AA goes: I think on that map in particular it pays to stay away from landing zones :)

DeletedUser26965

Certainly it is now harder and more expensive to farm than it was. I guess that was their goal.
It costs 25 medals and 8 spearfighters. That aint hard or expensive.

As far as AA goes: I think on that map in particular it pays to stay away from landing zones
Not possible when maps are filled.

DeletedUser26965

But only on AA.
Yeah, that's the point, to maximize the exploit for medals.

That's not true at all, particularly things on AA are much more fluid since sieges are cheap. Just take some interior sectors and then release the LZs.
Our map hasn't change in 6 months lol.

Regardless I've gone down many paths with my guild to resolve this abuse to no avail and find no need to repost all that here as I'm not looking to hear solutions to try to avoid the exploit, I'm looking to hear Inno will stop it not excuses for it.

ITown

Two things:
1. Whoever is attacking your guild isn't doing it for the medals. The pvp towers are probably the worst method of gathering medals in the game. The actual reason you're being attacked is because somebody either wants to farm up points or has it out for you.

2. As others have said, if you don't want random marauders to attack your sectors, get away from the landing zone. If you're allied with everyone else nearby, see if they'll let you pass through. If they don't agree, maybe it's time to start a war ;)

DeletedUser26965

Two things:
1. Whoever is attacking your guild isn't doing it for the medals. The pvp towers are probably the worst method of gathering medals in the game. The actual reason you're being attacked is because somebody either wants to farm up points or has it out for you.
It's a misnomer to call them PvP towers, they're battle point towers and all points from battles anywhere go to them. Regardless what they do it for is not my concern, what is of my concern is Inno putting an end to the exploit.

2. As others have said, if you don't want random marauders to attack your sectors, get away from the landing zone. If you're allied with everyone else nearby, see if they'll let you pass through. If they don't agree, maybe it's time to start a war
As I replied to jaelis I have no interest here in regurgitating what I've already been through for months in-game here on the forums to try to avoid something Inno should put an end to.

DeletedUser26965

submitted a ticket on the issue and updated my post to reflect the response. thanks for your thoughts folks.

wolfhoundtoo

Yeah I understand your view point and it is crappy that they can use spear fighters but it IS an All Ages map. I've used sieges of various ages myself (obviously if the enemy was on then better sieges were needed).

DeletedUser26965

Yeah I understand your view point and it is crappy that they can use spear fighters but it IS an All Ages map. I've used sieges of various ages myself (obviously if the enemy was on then better sieges were needed).
What I don't understand and what this post is about is how inno can go to lengths to close one GvG point farming issue, call it abuse, then turn around and state the exact opposite with another GvG point farming issue calling it "a completely acceptable practice". Which is it, abuse or acceptable? it can't be both:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28263

we need new ways to earn expansions, easier ways, more creative ways, a new expansion great building would be awesome or something to win via GE, a new questline event building perhaps? hmmmm...... :D

wolfhoundtoo

Not sure what you mean or how that explains this obvious conflict in inno's position.

What you call point farming is also the basic function of GVG. To land they have to take a sector from someone. How exactly will you differentiate between someone taking a sector to gain power versus simply doing it to harvest points?

wolfhoundtoo

we need new ways to earn expansions, easier ways, more creative ways, a new expansion great building would be awesome or something to win via GE, a new questline event building perhaps? hmmmm...... :D

1st this has absolutely nothing to do with this post. In addition expansions are strictly limited because (in my view anyway I don't believe Inno has actually put out their position on it) Inno wants to keep this a free to play game but with advantages you can get by utilizing diamonds. If they make expansions too easy to get then why would anyone pay diamonds for any of them? If you let people gets more diamond expansions (especially early in the game) you risk turning off other players who decide they can't compete with those spending money on the game.

DeletedUser26965

What you call point farming is also the basic function of GVG. To land they have to take a sector from someone. How exactly will you differentiate between someone taking a sector to gain power versus simply doing it to harvest points?
lol, join my guild and you'll learn the difference real quick:)

wolfhoundtoo

I'm well aware of how annoying people hitting your guild sectors are to the owing guild (I've done it and had it done to my guild). That doesn't change the fact that the behavior you describe could be for some other reason that you describe:

1) Maybe you guys just kill them off so often they grab the power that they can.
2) Maybe they want to harass you. :)
3) Maybe they want to grab what power they can as cheaply as they can.
4) Maybe they are doing as you suggested: looking for battle points. of course that describes pretty much ALL of GVG.
5) Maybe they think they can run you out of medals.
6) Maybe despite what you think because YOUR the one being attacked and can't stop it (as everyone who owns GVG sectors learns sooner or later) that you want it to be some kind of abuse because quite frankly it costs you far more resources than it does your attacker. Welcome to GVG.

What specifically do you have a problem with? That they attack you every day? How is that abuse? Isn't that the point of GVG (to fight other guilds)? Are you complaining that landing should cost a lot more medals? Sure but then by that standard the rest of the medal cost would go higher as a result and you'd be spending a lot more than 40,000 medals to retake the sector. Are you complaining about the spear fighters? Make a proposal to change that then.....although I've seen posts about that before that went no where. What solution would you suggest? Banning players that attack too much? Complex rules that state you can only attack every 2 days (would that no longer be 'abuse')?

Let me summarize my post to one line: The behavior you describe mimics the normal actions of GVG and to modify that impacts the basic functions of GVG.

P.S. They can't point farm you if you drop the sectors. If you really want you can put spear fighters in for defense and they'll get few points. so if you are correct that it is only the points that they want they'll go elsewhere now won't they?)