• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback - Arctic Future - part 2

DeletedUser14197

Sure. And quite often it's people who don't understand the game or are new who are having 'bad experiences' and posting complaints about getting plundered. And usually those people have not bothered asking how to solve their problem, instead it's whining about bullying and such.

Take Tarry. Based on the question in his last post, he's upset about getting supplies plundered. Which is really odd given his join date.

If instead of complaining about being blackmailed he asked for help, he wouldn't have that problem.

Now, how on earth can anyone help if you are being blackmailed. If this problem was so easily solved, we wouldn't continually keep hearing about it. I think it is aggravating too that some people say pay fps and I won't plunder. Here is the help I would give. Never pay 1 fp unless it is to level a great building so they can't double collect. Also, if you can't collect on time, quit producing goods at all. Produce supplies only if they are normally aided and can't be plundered. If you find the game will not change your hood in month or less, than quit that city and move on to a younger world. Come back if they ever move you into a better hood. I do not play a game so that I can be blackmailed or aggravated continually.

DeletedUser11215

Plundering is usually my Bazaar's or my Goods Buildings which can't be Motivated. So far I have lost 6 FP in the last month from plundering my Bazaar's. I currently have 2 regular attackers who hit me every day and 4 or 5 who hit me 2 or 3 times a week. This, of course, makes it impossible to set up a defense that is effective for each attack. Standard attack is 6 or 7 Rogues (big surprise) and a Rail Gun or a Battle Fortress, or a Champion. 8 Drone swarm is great for a Rail gun attack but next to useless for a Battle Fortress. Recon Raiders don't seem to be effect at all against anything, which I find sort of strange. Battle Fortress and Champion work well against Battle Fortress and Champion, but get totally whiped out by Rail guns. A battle of if my weak attack can destroy enough of his units before he whittles away my strong defense. I just keep changing my defenders so I am not predictable and hope that the majority of my attackers have the units that my defense is best against.

DeletedUser4760

I think that it sucks to need to use so many diamonds to gain promethium. I just needed to spend 150 diamonds to repair damage to my ship, and it will cost another 250 to send it out again. I play in three worlds, and this expenditure of diamonds will just be untenable.
The designers are basically making this a pay-to-play game...it will not be playable without spending money to buy diamonds. There are not enough ways within the game to get diamonds to make this reasonable. This does not seem like a good direction for a game that is advertised as a free game.

DeletedUser10789

I think that it sucks to need to use so many diamonds to gain promethium. I just needed to spend 150 diamonds to repair damage to my ship, and it will cost another 250 to send it out again. I play in three worlds, and this expenditure of diamonds will just be untenable.
The designers are basically making this a pay-to-play game...it will not be playable without spending money to buy diamonds. There are not enough ways within the game to get diamonds to make this reasonable. This does not seem like a good direction for a game that is advertised as a free game.

And you are surprised by this and wonder why.? LOL. I have numerous posts on this and why they do what they do. Notice a few things and then you will fully understand why they are doing these things. First, we all know it cost money to pay employees, to have servers, to do tech support, to have support and for the Bosses at the Company to get paid the big salaries they are getting. This is why you are "encouraged" to buy diamonds. I know many on the game who do not pay a dime to play it. You have to think ahead, plan ahead and use your brain to figure out ways not to pay to play. I on the other hand, do pay to play it. I figure it is something I enjoy and I will pay my fair share. What I will NOT do is be forced to do something against my will, thoughts or ideas. No matter who says what, I look, listen and learn. That said, why do think they had a survey a while back for the players to fill out. LOL. If you think it truly was a survey, then you are like others who think they want to improve the game. REALLY.? They do not want to improve the game, the way people think, for if they did they would follow players feedback on Beta and on here. They could care less about our feedback, our proposals and the rest. I will NOT take credit for this one, as it was someone else who said it yet I like it and feel it is true, they only make changes when we do not spend money on things anymore. Why do you think you have to spend diamonds now.? Come on, tell me....?

Well, they use to get a large portion of diamond spending from GvG. Now that GvG is taking a huge hit and people are NOT spending the diamonds there, they needed to find a new source of revenue for people to spend their Diamonds on. Now, back to the survey, that survey was for 1 reason and 1 reason alone, anyone tell you otherwise has NEVER been in management EVER and they know nothing about marketing or sales. The reason was to find your button to push, to "encourage" you to purchase diamonds. Period. The rest is just fluff and fodder.

Yes, the game has changed and there has been some good changes of late, like the GE (Guild Expedition) which you can easily get some free diamonds from. I know I have and I complete Level 3 each week. If you want me to forecast what will happen next, I can use logic to tell you that now they implemented Competition in GE, why.? Well, most normal players have since been handcuffed by this new "Rogue Mistake" they claim and even with the backlash on Beta, they claim it is to fix a bug. I believe someone else said the same thing I thought when fighting FE, if I can't hit someone with my first shot, I move on to another troops I can, that is just an excuse of "the games" to change the way the ROGUES work, period. So, diamonds were being used by high level players fighting in GvG to heal units and continue fighting. Now that GvG has stalled and people have basically moved onto GE and other things, they had to figure out how to make money elsewhere. Where the Competition in GE comes into play. This is another way for guilds to compete and even I am guilty of wanting my primary world and guild to be # 1, so I have been pushing people to get in some wins too. NOTICE SOMETHING....So, how does "the game" get the higher levels to spend their diamonds, now you see it first hand.

Now how about this one, notice the recent strings of Diamond Sales and Pop-up Sales, lol. You see my point here. The Recent Sales and Pop-Up Sales are the results of the surveys and a way to get you to spend money for diamonds. There is a reason for the number of sales too. Everyone knows that you don't need a sale if your sales are doing well. In fact, the only reason for a sale is to "entice" someone to buy something that is lacking in sales or the need to clear inventory. In this case, the inventory is not your basic inventory or "hard goods" and is "Virtual Currency" so there is no need to rotate inventory of said "hard goods". Therefore, they wish to rotate your "Virtual Currency" and "Entice" you to spend your diamonds on these latest implements to "the game". Can you see what is going on....?

A new age that is now being done is parts.? What about a use for the Arctic Future Age Goods that Guilds are stockpiling by the thousands because their ARC's, ATOM's and OBS's are still generating goods that are currently useless. This has never happened before in the game and I myself am still left wondering why. Well, it is all about generating revenue now for the game and having players spend their diamonds. What will come next, we will see. For now, it is very clear what "the game" wants from you and how they are trying to "entice" you to spend them.

Enjoy the game and play smart, you will be better off.
Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8152

You don't need to use diamonds to repair the ship. If it called for diamonds, that means you didn't have enough of the AF goods required. You can always try to acquire the goods through trade, or by waiting until you can produce enough.

DeletedUser14197

The more people talk about the ship and artic age, the happier I am to hang out in future age. I may be here a long time.

DeletedUser10789

AFAIK AF is BS, no offense to dev team. Hope the lesson learned for dev team includes no partial age release.

They learn their lesson yet they are too stubborn to realize of the mistakes they make and they will implement the changes and the ideas they want too. NO MATTER what the "feedback" always is, the Dev's ignore it and do not care one bit. If they did, with all the critical feedback from Beta, they would change things around, with tweaks and the like, but they don't. Sadly, the real people who make the decisions will never subject or feel like they would waste their time reading anything here. The DEV's believe they are above it all and they have final say over it. This will all change, when you see more and more sales and them stooping to having to beg for people to buy diamonds. Just wait and see, sometimes they do learn, like the change in the time for Re-Calc. but again that was a FULL BLOWN GAME WIDE outrage, fyi, I did float that proposal to revert it back. As they change the rules to fit their self serving needs. It's just sad, without us players, you have no game to further design. There are a ton of lower level players who have complained about the changing of the rogues and again, according to Beta, they knew they made a mistake....But guess what, they still made it here too. So, is it arrogance or just doing as they wish.

Steve - LordStevie

wolfhoundtoo

Inno is a business and they will make decisions based on what they think will generate more revenue for them (both in the long term and the short tem). You can play for free because ultimately they decided that this format will increase the number of players overall and they will either get more paying players that way or more players willing to spend small amounts for short term boosts.

As Jaelis said the ship in Artic does NOT require diamonds. Just like everything in this game that requires goods you have the OPTION of paying diamonds instead of either producing, plundering or trading for the needed goods.

As for the rogue change it's mildly annoying (depending on the era you are in it has more of an impact) but you simply need to revise your tactics accordingly. I've found (and yes I've done it too) that most people tend to come up with 1 or 2 types of formations and threw that army into every situation. As with any change to the battle system there will need to be adjustments to the style you utilize in fighting to accommodate/encompass the change in the system that results. I've had no problem(s) completing GE other than 1 battle the week the rogue change occurred. After losing twice I actually stopped and considered methods of beating my opponents. I changed out my lineup and won handily on the next attempt (it was a 2 wave battle). Diamond cost: none.

You can absolutely beat GE without spending diamonds. You may need to make changes to your city (increase your attack GBs, build military buildings that give you attack boosts), change up which troops you use, take advantage of the movement order of the enemy, the range of your and the enemy units and of course the terrain and special abilities that your troops possess.

DeletedUser14197

Inno is a business and they will make decisions based on what they think will generate more revenue for them (both in the long term and the short tem). You can play for free because ultimately they decided that this format will increase the number of players overall and they will either get more paying players that way or more players willing to spend small amounts for short term boosts.

As Jaelis said the ship in Artic does NOT require diamonds. Just like everything in this game that requires goods you have the OPTION of paying diamonds instead of either producing, plundering or trading for the needed goods.

As for the rogue change it's mildly annoying (depending on the era you are in it has more of an impact) but you simply need to revise your tactics accordingly. I've found (and yes I've done it too) that most people tend to come up with 1 or 2 types of formations and threw that army into every situation. As with any change to the battle system there will need to be adjustments to the style you utilize in fighting to accommodate/encompass the change in the system that results. I've had no problem(s) completing GE other than 1 battle the week the rogue change occurred. After losing twice I actually stopped and considered methods of beating my opponents. I changed out my lineup and won handily on the next attempt (it was a 2 wave battle). Diamond cost: none.

You can absolutely beat GE without spending diamonds. You may need to make changes to your city (increase your attack GBs, build military buildings that give you attack boosts), change up which troops you use, take advantage of the movement order of the enemy, the range of your and the enemy units and of course the terrain and special abilities that your troops possess.

I don't know when this rogue change happened, but thought it was maybe over a week ago and if so, it didn't affect my battles that much except I tended to lose my regular troops instead of my rogues. However, this week I have lost more troops than normal on level 3 in my main city where I am future age. So if you know of a change that would help, let me know. I have 135 attack bonus and 90 defense I believe. The enemy normally hits my rogues first still and I play most of level 3 manually. The enemies bonuses are the same as before, but it sure does seem like theirs is higher or mine is lower.

DeletedUser26032

It gives the Critical Hit ability:

Critical Hit
When a unit attacks another unit from the same age, it has a chance of dealing 1.5 times the expected damage (if expected damage is normally 3-6, the critical hit will do 5-9 since 3 * 1.5 = 4.5, which rounds to 5, and 6 * 1.5 = 9). Against reactive armor, the critical hit will still do 1.5 times the expected damage it can normally take (so if expected damage is 4-4, a critical hit will do 6-6 damage). Against rogues, they initially cannot be affected by this bonus (this goes for all no-age units), but the unit they transform into can use/get hit by this bonus. A critical hit doing at least 11 damage will one-hit kill any unit, even with the morale bonus. This bonus applies to all attacking armies including the defending army in PvP.

As stated it has zero effect on the Rogue until he is changed so if the attacker gets a critical on the first round and "kills" the Rogue it is wasted as the Rogue then turns into another unit. Also since it works on the attack stat the attacker goes from a assault rifle to a M134 minigun while the defender goes from a slingshot to an air rifle. Another, benefit that helps the attacker, but is almost useless for the defender. Thanks developers, just what the game needed more help for the attackers. I also like the fact that the unit has to be the same age. It's not like players from one or two ages ahead of you are attacking you with their units or anything.

Hi Tarry the only thing that I don't understand is let's say you lvl up your Gb so every time you strike you get 10% chance for critical strike. Does this mean then every 10th hit results in the 11th one a critical strike? Are u allowed this more than once per Battle? And can you tell when it's the critical strike time? Or u have to guess? None of this was covered I think. So it depends on the answer if this Gb is really that good or not. TY

DeletedUser8152

The way it is expressed, I'm pretty sure it is a random chance that applies to every hit.

DeletedUser10789

The way it is expressed, I'm pretty sure it is a random chance that applies to every hit.

Random Jaelis like they claim the ToR generates Relic's in a random manner.? Or random as to "the games" / "inno's" way.?

Wait, Wait....Did someone (YES ME) say above about sales happening. BANG then a 40% more diamonds sale. Boy oh boy people, when will you all learn. YES it is all about the business and them making money, I get it and I had said it many times I PAY TO PLAY THIS GAME. I am NOT a free loader and I pay my way. That said, I have now turned it all around and made a serious choice and decision, YES IT WAS AND IS VERY DIFFICULT, I have NOT spend 1 dime now on the last 2 sales. This is my way of protesting the poor decisions being made here.

Please note, when there is something good, I speak up and say it is good. I LOVE the GE and think it is great. The way they now put us all in this tourney, lol, what a joke. This coming from the same people who give us all a fair neighborhood, I have expected nothing less.

The ROGUE ISSUE IS HUGE. I have outlined why this is happening and I do not want to sound redundant, so look up my other posts for that. About the person in FE and having a hard time in GE with a higher boost. My boost is a little higher than yours and I can and will help you with a great config I use, just mail me and I will tell you what I use. Yes, remember this too, it takes us all to complain about it to actually get something done. Maybe I should submit a Proposal about the "rogue" issue and how they messed something up yet again, but there will always be trolls who claim it is better now. I swear some of them are not even people who play the game and are people who are asking to attack people who try to make something better. I have never tried to tear this game apart and say how bad it is. In fact, I spend money on the game (well, I use too) and am a pretty high level player. I would just like a fair game for all and not a game geared towards a certain level. If you knew me, you would know how generous and nice of a person I am. Don't believe me, find me in H world and ask anyone in my guild. I personally just provided all the goods for 3 ARC's in the last 36 hours, so what right. Well, this is only a fraction of what we have and do in our great guild and home there. Ask anyone in our guild, how informed they are about upcoming events and all the little tricks and ways to win at fighting and GE, with troop assignments and the like. Before you call me out and say I am negative or not a team player, know your facts first, thank you.

Steve - LordStevie

wolfhoundtoo

What you do for your guild does not actually impact the way you present yourself on this forum. Good for you and your guild if you are nice to them. What does that have to do with what this post/thread was about? Or your incessant posting regarding the same issue in every single thread that even tangentially applies to it?

You get responses you just don't like them.

DeletedUser8152

No one has ever claimed that diamond sales are random. Why wouldn't they time sales to maximize revenue? That's what every company in the world does.

DeletedUser9155

Anyone know how to track and tab your promethium once you're finished the AF2 section? Doesn't show up in any of my inventories. Can't seem to trade it. I'm sure there will be a use for it next section, but I'd like to know how much I have as I collect it.

DeletedUser9433

Anyone know how to track and tab your promethium once you're finished the AF2 section? Doesn't show up in any of my inventories. Can't seem to trade it. I'm sure there will be a use for it next section, but I'd like to know how much I have as I collect it.
Go to your Town Hall and click on the "Goods" tab.

DeletedUser9155

Nevermind. Found it. But another Q - anyone know if/when it will become a tradable commodity on the market?