• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

matr

Beta guild and main guild on Korch decided NOT to open GE5. Leaders claim there is a Worldwide Boycott going on GE5. Leaders are agreeing NOT to open. Makes me question my decision to go for Phantoms in the anniv event. :'ve lost a bunch of interest and now have no mission or goal for game.
IDEA:
For 6 months, let guilds open GE5 for FREE, so people can try it.

fizzle

It seems many players are threatening to quit the game over the nerfed rewards, the ads, and the loss of diamond rewards and all the fragments being handed out. So far I haven't seen too many follow through but one thing we all can do is to boycott buying anything from Inno until they restore what has been taken away and/or downgraded. The only thing that will satiate their greed is a hit to the bottom line.

SpinDrifter

GE5 - the game for years encouraged discarding defensive properties in favor of attacking properties. First, I sold them off, second even if I had them, I have no reasonable space to construct them. I would ask for two things, absent which I will stop trying for GE5; a) allow us to relatively quickly obtain things like Athlon Abbey, September Cottage, Monastery, etc. that we previously sold off, and b) grant us more expansion space on the board - how about an extra purchasable expansion per age of your city (i.e. if you are in FE - you get to acquire 13 extra expansions) - and to perhaps ensure these added expansions are used for defense make a change to require x% of the city squares (not whole expansions) must have buildings which add more defense than offense boosts. As it stands, I have spent several years playing by the inferred rules, to now be nerfed because I did what was encouraged - not good. As an added point, my guild, as noted by others, also is going to try it a couple more weeks, but then is considering not playing GE5 at all, and lessening the requirements to play GE at all.

Dursland

It seems many players are threatening to quit the game over the nerfed rewards, the ads, and the loss of diamond rewards and all the fragments being handed out. So far I haven't seen too many follow through but one thing we all can do is to boycott buying anything from Inno until they restore what has been taken away and/or downgraded. The only thing that will satiate their greed is a hit to the bottom line.
A lot are following through. I deleted 5 7+day inactives off my FL about a week after the changes to ads and noticed yet more on 2+ day inactive since the GE5 introduction. I'm giving it a couple more days then will have to do another run through and delete more inactive players.

As for sating their greed, Grepolis would say this isn't the case. They took a similar path with that game as they are with FoE, introducing unpopular monetary changes and ignoring players over it.

Game went from MMO of the year in 2012 with 20,000 players per server. Today it is around 400 players per server and they are still putting out features that demand yet more money from those players - bonus packages, etc. It has not abated one bit. They are milking the cow until it is dry.

Just An Observer

Having connected with several Big Dog guilds, here are the results: Every one of them saw those able to do 80 in the 30's. This coincides closely with the number of guild members who would score 500 or more in GBG on a regular basis. Now to see what Week 2 of GE5 reveals...

CDmark

A guild expedition level 3 selection kit sells for 1350 / 0-1 in AD. The tribal squares net more, basic one 1620 / 0-1.
So, to get better value, we would have to open, place in our city, USE A STORE, then sell it in AD. Hmm, let me see if I can sum it up.
1) take away diamonds in L3, something we want
2) give us fragments of a selection kit, something we don't want
3) then, rip us off when we go to sell it requiring a store item to get the value in the AD we had before the, so-called, GE 1-4 "overhauling the rewards", another thing we don't want.
I think I read it earlier to let us unpack it in inventory. That would go good with that fragments recommendation, putting them on their own tab (mentioned a few times) so we can look at our inventories in some normal fashion.

Pericles the Lion

A guild expedition level 3 selection kit sells for 1350 / 0-1 in AD. The tribal squares net more, basic one 1620 / 0-1.
So, to get better value, we would have to open, place in our city, USE A STORE, then sell it in AD. Hmm, let me see if I can sum it up.
1) take away diamonds in L3, something we want
2) give us fragments of a selection kit, something we don't want
3) then, rip us off when we go to sell it requiring a store item to get the value in the AD we had before the, so-called, GE 1-4 "overhauling the rewards", another thing we don't want.
I think I read it earlier to let us unpack it in inventory. That would go good with that fragments recommendation, putting them on their own tab (mentioned a few times) so we can look at our inventories in some normal fashion.
Look at it over time. If you crunch the numbers, I think that you will find that the proceeds from selling a Selection Kit, which we win every week, is just slightly less than the proceeds of selling a full building that we only had a chance of winning weekly.

CDmark

Look at it over time. If you crunch the numbers, I think that you will find that the proceeds from selling a Selection Kit, which we win every week, is just slightly less than the proceeds of selling a full building that we only had a chance of winning weekly.
Very possible but I don't have access to that information anymore. The prior GE information hit the shredder faster than classified documents at a US embassy during an enemy invasion. I was going to copy the encounter rewards of the prior GE 1-4, just to have for a comparison, but poof, new GE introduced right away. All good, you know the numbers so slightly less works for me. Would have surprised me if you said slightly more, I probably would have fainted and hit my head on the keyboard...lol

Pericles the Lion

Very possible but I don't have access to that information anymore. The prior GE information hit the shredder faster than classified documents at a US embassy during an enemy invasion. I was going to copy the encounter rewards of the prior GE 1-4, just to have for a comparison, but poof, new GE introduced right away. All good, you know the numbers so slightly less works for me. Would have surprised me if you said slightly more, I probably would have fainted and hit my head on the keyboard...lol
I didn't want to bore folks with a long-winded description of my logic. In summary, I have two IA worlds that I've been camping in for over 19 months. I don't trash anything and, because they're IA, I don't have access to the AD. Stuff just piles up. Every Tribal Square, Sacred Sky Watch, etc. is sitting there collecting dust. Simply put, I have a collection of GE buildings that accumulated for about 18 months (in both cities I was able to do GE64 within a month). I crunched the numbers. On the basis of my 18 months collection, the average weekly proceeds from the AD (for TS, SSW, and their upgrade kits) would have been 1,509 / 0-1. This compares with the 1,350 / 0-1 players can get now from the Selection Kits. In case anyone was wondering, I did not have a ToR in either city. Also, I can't say for sure if I got any of these items from quests, challenges, or Events (if I did, the current GE rewards would look more favorable).

Eadyth

I don't quite understand why someone would complete L1-L4 and then not do what they could by fighting on L5. Yes its hard, but its L1-L4 that I hate completing, not L5. L5 is interesting because its different. I'm unhappy about the removal of diamonds from L1-L4. Timing the 72 hr tavern boost and the extra turn so that I can fight as much as possible and then negotiate the rest is a challenge and makes me grumpy, but its challenge I expect to put behind me eventually.

Pericles the Lion

October 2022 65% of INNO sold to new majority partner
December 2022 new management team installed for FoE
Have you figured it out yet?
In their 2023 Q4 financial reports, Modern Times Group included InnoGames as part of their continuing operations. Going into Q4 they owned 68% of INNO and I cannot find any disclosure stating that they sold their stake to another party during the quarter. Please provide a link to where you obtained this information.

Edit: There is a typo above. I meant to say "2022 Q4".

Last edited:

qaccy

Change is good, if it's something worth working for. When they have repeatedly made city defense worthless (for FOUR space ages, now - since Mars came out, it's cake to bust through ANY city defense army of ANY strength), why would they suddenly put out a product (GE5) that is impossible to succeed on without city defense of well over 1000? It's just a crappy thing to do to the players that have worked so hard on their attack and neglected city defense that inno made useless. I think a challenge is good (hell, I have heard that Titan is just going to be like all the other space ages, and that's boring), but changing the entire dynamic of GE for level 5 so that I can barely fight through 1 encounter (and that's only if I dope up on a ton of defense potions) is just crappy. Add to that the prizes that are so worthless, it just makes me wonder why I bother to play this game. The bulk of the prizes are fragments of things we already didn't want (for levels 1-3). I do like the extra troops in level 4 and I get the extra fp payouts can be nice, unless you're in JM and your city is pretty well developed.
This bit isn't true, considering my city defense has enough of a bonus to defeat attackers occasionally, as well as deter them from returning again afterward. It goes even better in the PvP Arena, where the AI is smarter and isn't susceptible to Rogues like the city AI is. Which for what it's worth, I'm reminded is another feature that makes use of defensive army bonuses that's been in the game for a while now prior to GE5. Not only do I see mostly victories for my defenders when I get attacked in PvP, the points gained indicate that they're coming from attackers who're picking the 'easy' battle, and my bonuses there also probably mean even more players choose not to battle my army at all and instead either pick someone else or refresh for other options. So from my perspective, defensive boosts still have value even outside of this new GE addition.

The one factor I can get somewhat get behind here, as I mentioned in another post, is simply that the boosts in GE5 do seem to scale a little quickly in the latter half. That's regardless of whether GE5 used offensive or defensive military bonuses. Having the final battle go up to nearly 2000% depending on age seems a bit excessive even if we were still using offensive bonuses for that level.

RebelPJ

The SW engineer that came up with the ideas for GE5, especially for all those fragments, should be fired!!! GE 5 way overuses them and all we get is junk. A new harder level should have REALLY good rewards, not the crap we're getting now.

Pericles the Lion

The SW engineer that came up with the ideas for GE5, especially for all those fragments, should be fired!!! GE 5 way overuses them and all we get is junk. A new harder level should have REALLY good rewards, not the crap we're getting now.
First, do you really think that the SW engineer's make the decisions about what features to add? They are being told what to do.

Second, did you bother to look at the two buildings that we can get in GE5? The Serpent gives a 15% attack bonus for the attacking army (in SAJM) on 6 tiles. The Temple gives a 40% boost for attack army attack, a 50% boost for the defending army attack, and a 20% FP boost (in SAJM) on 12 squares. Are there any other buildings that even come close to these stats?

CDmark

hmm, got a daily challenge to fight 8 battles in GE today, Thur. I don't recall getting a GE challenge after Wednesday. I actually do GE, L1 Tue, check for the nego challenge. Wed, I check for nego again, then I proceed to finish GE at a faster pace. I am not 100% (like 99%) sure but I have been doing GE for a while, same way. Even when we race, I finish GE Wed after the DC. I just wonder if it has any possible connection to GE now doing auto complete at E80 vs the E64 before. If I did get on on a Thur, maybe 1/300 days, but I don't think so.