• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Johnny B. Goode

I don't know what you mean by "monitored". I contribute FPs to the GBs of every player on my FL. In case you are not aware, when a contribution is made to a GB, that GB moves to the top of the player's GB listing. So, if I look at a friend's GB list (as I did today) and see one of my contributions lower in the list than a SBC, Deal, or one of the others that I mentioned, I know that my contribution preceded it. While I cannot tell the exact date of the contribution, I do know that it is more recent than mine - and I know when mine was. Almost all of mine are within the last 4 weeks.
Yes, I am aware of that game mechanic. But you're still working on assumptions. All you know is that sometime after you donated to one of their GBs, at least one person put at least one FP on each of however many GBs are now listed above yours. And talk about vague. "Nearly all" of the GBs have "recent" contributions since yours, and "almost all" of yours are "within the last four weeks". So "nearly all" of the GBs you mentioned in the earlier post have had at least 1 FP put on them in the last 4 weeks. You are bending over backwards to make something true just because it's what you want to believe. Just stop.

Pericles the Lion

Yes, I am aware of that game mechanic. But you're still working on assumptions. All you know is that sometime after you donated to one of their GBs, at least one person put at least one FP on each of however many GBs are now listed above yours. And talk about vague. "Nearly all" of the GBs have "recent" contributions since yours, and "almost all" of yours are "within the last four weeks". So "nearly all" of the GBs you mentioned in the earlier post have had at least 1 FP put on them in the last 4 weeks. You are bending over backwards to make something true just because it's what you want to believe. Just stop.
Yep. Nearly every one had recently added FPs. I found that less surprising than the fact that there were so many of them. Digging a bit deeper, I looked at the #1 guild on my main world. 42% of the members had a SBC.

Pericles the Lion

135 in my FL and 17 have an SBC , 7 have Virgos and 23 have Deal Castles , not exactly a popularity landslide at least in Q. SAJM with a FL going from 10M to 2.4 Billion.
No doubt that SBC and DC are not as popular as Arc or the attack Triad. Unfortunately, it's not likely that anyone has any data on how many of them were around before Level 5 was released on Beta. I have a feeling that they are gaining in popularity. We will find out soon enough.

Angry.Blanket

No doubt that SBC and DC are not as popular as Arc or the attack Triad. Unfortunately, it's not likely that anyone has any data on how many of them were around before Level 5 was released on Beta. I have a feeling that they are gaining in popularity. We will find out soon enough.
#1 GBs on our 1.9 thread , usually 3-4 at time all day long on a pretty fast 1.9. , We have players that have built SBC and taken it 0 to 80 and now working on DC.

No clue if this was written yet but there's a lack of info about the Forgotten Temple.. Inno fails to mention that the 20% forge point boost only affects event buildings and not your whole city .When you don't know that bit of info, the 20% boost looks enticing only to get disappointed later when you find that out the hard way.

Kranyar the Mysterious

2662 as of 31 October 2021, 1232 over level 10.

Pericles the Lion

No clue if this was written yet but there's a lack of info about the Forgotten Temple.. Inno fails to mention that the 20% forge point boost only affects event buildings and not your whole city .When you don't know that bit of info, the 20% boost looks enticing only to get disappointed later when you find that out the hard way.
Have you tested this?

Pericles the Lion

yes, i have the forgotten temple built and collected my daily fps from my city...only fps from event buildings get increased by the Temple's 20% boost...not every building gets the increase though, like nutcracker guardhouses stays at 3 fps
The Wiki is vague. This may be intended. You should put in a ticket to see what Support has to say about it.

qaccy

yes, i have the forgotten temple built and collected my daily fps from my city...only fps from event buildings get increased by the Temple's 20% boost...not every building gets the increase though, like nutcracker guardhouses stays at 3 fps
I'm trying to find the post that mentioned that the only buildings that get increased by the bonus are the ones that produce at least 5 FP per collection (since 20% of 5 = +1, 4 and less FP is a decimal). I either misremembered seeing it, or I just haven't found it yet.

Dursland

I'm trying to find the post that mentioned that the only buildings that get increased by the bonus are the ones that produce at least 5 FP per collection (since 20% of 5 = +1, 4 and less FP is a decimal). I either misremembered seeing it, or I just haven't found it yet.
I don't remember one that mentioned fives specifically but one person did say it was "less useful than you think because it rounds down."

Johnny B. Goode

So all other stuff aside, I've been thinking about the cost/reward of GE5.
I don't know much about the encounter rewards other than what I've read here...which hasn't impressed me.
In looking at the new buildings from level 5, I don't see how they're better than ones you can get elsewhere with much less effort. For one thing, the main building, which is admittedly nice while it lasts, has to be demolished and rebuilt every 4 weeks and that can only be accomplished if you complete GE5 all 4 of those weeks. And while the boosts it provides are nice for other areas of the game, they are woefully inadequate for making much of a difference on level 5. Unless, of course, you remake your city to drastically increase your defense army stats.
The secondary chain building would be mildly attractive if you could get it another way, but not at the cost of having to complete GE5 multiple times. Again, the boosts won't help much, if at all, with level 5.
It might be a little different if the level 5 buildings made it significantly easier to complete level 5 in the future, but they just won't. And what sense does it make to remake your city for buildings and a feature that won't make your city any better than other similar event/special buildings?
When you top all that off with the fact that all that defense you have to add have virtually no other use in the game, it really calls into question the wisdom of bothering with GE5.
Sadly, just adding a level that isn't worth the effort wasn't the extent of this change. They also significantly nerfed rewards on the existing 4 levels of GE.
My takeaway from this change is that not only do I see no reason to bother with GE level 5, I also see less incentive to expend much energy on the first 4 levels.

qaccy

I don't know much about the encounter rewards other than what I've read here...which hasn't impressed me.
In looking at the new buildings from level 5, I don't see how they're better than ones you can get elsewhere with much less effort. For one thing, the main building, which is admittedly nice while it lasts, has to be demolished and rebuilt every 4 weeks and that can only be accomplished if you complete GE5 all 4 of those weeks. And while the boosts it provides are nice for other areas of the game, they are woefully inadequate for making much of a difference on level 5. Unless, of course, you remake your city to drastically increase your defense army stats.
The secondary chain building would be mildly attractive if you could get it another way, but not at the cost of having to complete GE5 multiple times. Again, the boosts won't help much, if at all, with level 5.
It might be a little different if the level 5 buildings made it significantly easier to complete level 5 in the future, but they just won't. And what sense does it make to remake your city for buildings and a feature that won't make your city any better than other similar event/special buildings?
When you top all that off with the fact that all that defense you have to add have virtually no other use in the game, it really calls into question the wisdom of bothering with GE5.
Sadly, just adding a level that isn't worth the effort wasn't the extent of this change. They also significantly nerfed rewards on the existing 4 levels of GE.
My takeaway from this change is that not only do I see no reason to bother with GE level 5, I also see less incentive to expend much energy on the first 4 levels.
Efficiency. All of the GE5 rewards are incredibly efficient in terms of space, even compared to the most recent event buildings. As players acquire more of these buildings, they can put that efficiency to use by either increasing their bonuses further, or keeping their existing bonuses roughly the same while adding new ones with the extra space they'll be saving. All of the GE5 rewards boost both attack and defense for either offensive or defensive armies (the Forgotten Temple and a chained Serpent do both), and these can be acquired at a rate of one each per month. Not too shabby IMO to be able to get a Greater Ritual Flame, Divine Sky Watch, Feathered Serpent, and a Forgotten Temple every month. There aren't many other buildings that are better than these for the space they take up, and even the ones that are slowly trickle in through events and diamonds are 100% needed to acquire multiple copies of those. GE5 can already be completed with no diamonds at all, which is another benefit that players can work towards if they can't already do it.

Johnny B. Goode

Except that the best defensive Serpent is 15% on 4 squares and 2 X Ritual Flame lvl2s on the same space are 24% , The Greater Ritual Flame is 7% defense , The normal Ritual Flame is 8%. This "bonus" that you see is where exactly ?
He's probably thinking that the Greater Ritual Flame's added defense attack boost makes it better. But I wonder...how many GRFs would it take at 7% each to make a dent in higher age GE5? And the kicker to all of this talk is that you have to complete GE5 many times to get these buildings. So you bite the bullet and remake your city, use up your goods, get all these efficient buildings, and where does it get you? Maybe GE5 is a bit easier in the future. The defense army boosts are virtually irrelevant in the rest of the game. Including PVP Arena, due to the limit on others' attacks taking away points.

Or...you ignore GE5 and its buildings. You keep adding attacking army boosts, FP production, goods production, and you just enjoy the other game features.

Pericles the Lion

If timed right, the Forgotten Temple can be active for 5 GE seasons, not just 4. It's possible to collect an extra 50 fragments during each active FT cycle.

If timed right, the Forgotten Temple can be active for 5 GE seasons, not just 4. It's possible to collect an extra 50 fragments during each active FT cycle.
I finally got a reply from support and here's what they had to say.

Question: The wiki is vague on the info it gives about the Forgotten Temple.. Was it Inno's intention to leave out the fact that the 20% forge point boost only affects event buildings?

Reply: As I am not privy to what was intended, I am unable to confirm what the intentions were

However there are parts of the text that are clearly errors from there being multiple design iterations. So it wouldn't surprise me if that detail was a oversight when writing up the Wiki / ingame info

We appreciate you bringing it to our attention and will pass the information along.

Pericles the Lion

Or...you ignore GE5 and its buildings. You keep adding attacking army boosts, FP production, goods production, and you just enjoy the other game features.
When I was a kid we had a dog that really liked my Mother's vegetable soup. Fix him a bowl and he'd just lap it up. He ate everything except the lima beans. Licked them clean but left them in the bowl. Me, I cleaned my bowl. To each their own. :cool: