• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

CDmark

the cost goes up each time you buy action points with shards in a day. This resets at midnight server time just like GbG attrition resets daily. Seems that the cost to rush productions operates in the same fashion.
hmm, I don't remember doing a rush since last night but what you say makes sense. I am positive I didn't do a cottage/tailor rush. The villa/goat I cant remember. Thanks, another thing I need to look at instead of having the game tell me :rolleyes: with nice instructions.

Looking at my shards, 68, I made 100 via pass, with 50 extra from 3 expansions
150. I didn't write down my impediments so I am having difficulty back calculating if I spent 50. You make a few via advances the the "8" part I get.

But, even if I did it one time, why would
cottage/tailor go from 25 to 75? 2X
Goat/villa 50 to 95 say 1X

Something doesn't make sense. I will see tonight. Thanks again Jay

and Innobot, maybe you missed it :rolleyes:

PJS299

You really are ignorant aren't you. You just post nonsense defending inno without addressing the criticism that it doesn't show the decorations as taking away happiness in the same way the game has always done. Therefore, its confusing. If you want to play stupid go somewhere. I have no interest in your nonsensical reply.
Maybe you should take your own advice and look before posting... It's not the same, but it's clearly labeled.

This gives happiness

Screenshot 2024-03-25 20.56.31.png

This takes away happiness
Screenshot 2024-03-25 20.58.10.png

jaymoney23456

hmm, I don't remember doing a rush since last night but what you say makes sense. I am positive I didn't do a cottage/tailor rush. The villa/goat I cant remember. Thanks, another thing I need to look at instead of having the game tell me :rolleyes: with nice instructions.

Looking at my shards, 68, I made 100 via pass, with 50 extra from 3 expansions
150. I didn't write down my impediments so I am having difficulty back calculating if I spent 50 you make a few via advances.

But, even if I did it one time, why would
cottage/tailor go from 25 to 75? 2X
Goat/villa 50 to 95 say 1X

Something doesn't make sense. I will see tonight. Thanks again Jay

and Innobot, maybe you missed it :rolleyes:
Welcome CD mark.

jaymoney23456

Maybe you should take your own advice and look before posting... It's not the same, but it's clearly labeled.

This gives happiness

View attachment 21394

This takes away happiness
View attachment 21395
Many players would agree with me that the way it shows up makes it seem like it gives happiness given how the game has always operated. Not sure why some have such a hard time admitting that its not clear that it cost happiness by how its shown. It is common sense to think that a happy face with a number next to it means added happiness and a -75 happiness in red means happiness is taken away, given that is the way its ALWAYS BEEN!!!!!

CDmark

The whole decoration being a cost is tough bcs people are used to them adding happiness in regular game play, like cultural buildings. Yes it is stated as a cost but we all know people look at the AD. It was stated in beta, think Xiv, make it an unhappy face in red. that would make more sense and maybe avoid the "gotcha". Well, not unhappy and not red faced, very lame not to improve it. Oh, it may get done, after everyone knows it, so no help.

Ebeondi Asi

I find it funny that you're outrage that Inno tricked you. Like you're five years old?
As if Inno never once did anything that was detrimental and clearly a trick to the player?
There are a lot of Story Quests that no sensible person would take on. One that I remember is pay 9,877,350 Supplies and you win 1,000,000 Coins.
Plus unless seriously not paying any attention at all, any player would only make that QI mistake once.
But looking for anything to be mad about seems to be the going style. Please continue to follow the herd.. :p

For myself I would chalk it up to learning something new in the game.... :cool:
I could see them fixing to be at least an unhappy face ;)

Last edited:
Your just speculating. If top tier guilds want to set minimums they will (and they probably will). If players in those guilds don't want to participate in QI they will leave to find a guild more to their liking (not like it's the first time that this has happened, remember GE5?). If players do leave the top tier guilds they will be immediately replaced by players aspiring to move up (ever notice how few open seats there are in the top tier guilds?). Some players may quit FoE altogether but, one again, it's not like this hasn't happened over the course of FoE's 12-year lifespan.

Btw, I am in the #1 guild on my main world. 80/80 members are contributing to QI. All willingly and without any cajoling on the part of leadership. We are the only guild on the world whose members have both of the GBG Towers at Level 2. Our members have a lot of incentive, and motivation, to do their best in QI - just as they do in GBG. YMMV.
You seemed incredulous that people would quit playing FoE because of QI. I simply explained to you why someone would do that. I don't care what people do, nor do I care what people have done for however many years. You do seem now, at least, to be able to understand that people quitting FoE because of QI is indeed very plausible, which seemed incomprehensible to you when you questioned the poster who mentioned it. Glad to have helped.

CDmark

Question
If one guild finishes it all in a season, lets say do every optional node, then a day later another finishes it, all the same nodes, so same exact score. My understanding, it doesn't matter for the championship, only who has more points at the end of season 6. Correct? pls don't speculate, is it written somewhere?

Season chest rewards are based on level completed and that is the only reward given, form what I have experienced.

Then if the same 2 guilds have done season 1-5 the same as above, same points. Season 6 they complete all nodes, same score. Who wins? the one being the first to get there?

How is INNO lying? The build menu clearly shows that decorations cost coins, supplies and happiness. Below is how Decorations are described in the official Wiki.

Decorations​

Constructionmenu decoration icon.png
As with Cultural Buildings, Decorations are building structures which boost a town population's happiness at a comparatively cheaper short-term cost, but they provide less happiness per tile of space. They are the ideal choice of type in the game's early stages until emphasis on area efficiency becomes more apparent.
"Provide less" =/= subtract. Yes, it is listed in the cost section but it looked like it provided happiness instead of subtracting it. My mistake and I destroyed the decoration. Frankly, this little issue is a grain of sand on the endless beach of QI's failures.

CDmark

I haven't read the details about "quitting the game", I see the posts. Whether one quits for QI, Rivals, more complicated events, I think, from what I hear, people are getting to be overwhelmed by the game, to many things going on, whether these things are optional or not. I don't have numbers, I don't see who has 7 days red on my friends list, it is just how the many people I know are talking about the game. It is no longer a game to play and have fun. I will read the posts when I get time but for me, so this is 100% true, it is getting to be a bit more than I like. I find going to work is more relaxing than playing FOE. Now, I love going to work. So, if I see someone with a bad attitude at work, I will recommend to them to play FOE, in 6 months I may see all smiles when they are at work.

Hi Joe, how's was your weekend?
Joe - Lousy, Let's not talk about it, I want to talk about todays production, the 12 hour one. Is it still 12 hours? I hope it is and no one changed it to 10.

Ebeondi Asi

people quitting FoE because of QI is indeed very plausible,
I would think it is a combination of loss of GvG and the new QI. Also very likely be the added complexity may become casual players 'last straw'(with GE 5 and the much more complex Events with Rivals,, add in the new GbG, and now QI) . But all that needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It is Spring, Players leave to go on vacations, to go back work, all sorts of reasons.
I try to stay positive, knowing there is a long learning curve for QI town and strategy. Once I can build a useful town that helps me in three days I will feel I have succeeded. Currently I'm at end of day six and still not able to really help the amount I want to be able to.

xivarmy

I try to stay positive, knowing there is a long learning curve for QI town and strategy.
Not *that* long. It's pretty basic. 1 screwed up season, sure - it can be hard to recover from early mistakes that can compound as the round progresses. So we probably need to see if more guilds are doing better next season.

But looking at how guilds are doing overall now? This is looking like outright failure. There's ~5 guilds on each server doing half-decently. Many top guilds are doing barely any better than teeny tiny guilds with <5 players playing. Whether they can't or don't want to, they're not.

Ebeondi Asi

Question
If one guild finishes it all in a season, lets say do every optional node, then a day later another finishes it, all the same nodes, so same exact score
My understanding the last node in level 10 is neverending. So there is very little chance of a tie

Ebeondi Asi

Not *that* long. It's pretty basic. 1 screwed up season, sure - it can be hard to recover from early mistakes that can compound as the round progresses. So we probably need to see if more guilds are doing better next season.

But looking at how guilds are doing overall now? This is looking like outright failure. There's ~5 guilds on each server doing half-decently. Many top guilds are doing barely any better than teeny tiny guilds with <5 players playing. Whether they can't or don't want to, they're not.
I look at the fact it is only day six. It is clear you have already passed judgement based on a very small sample.
I would not dream of calling success or failure until the end of the full 12 weeks.
And just like GbG, all that matters is the top Guilds like it. (it seems)

Avan Sensei

Agreed. There's no fix. Just junk it. No one in my guild likes it, either, but no one has quit yet.
Already, 5 players in my guild had quit because of QI. I'm in the #1 guild on Carthage, based on the current GBG ranking. I don't think Inno will junk it, no matter the feedback. QI seems like a large feature of the game now, and it's development cost must have not been cheap. Inno wants to make that money back, and also turn a profit.

The 10-hour productions are another subtle little jab at the players. With 8-hour productions, you can develop a pattern that is pretty easy to keep in a normal person's day (8am, 4pm, midnight, repeat or something similar) with maybe some minor slippage that eventually may require a reset after a few days. 24-hour cycles are even easier. With 10-hour productions, there's no cycle to keep on top of them without staying up crazy hours (Noon, 10pm, 8am, 6pm, 4am, 2pm, etc...). It's not a natural cycle for most people like 8-hour or 24-hour productions are. I don't know why they couldn't have variable production times like all other production buildings, so the players can choose which duration suits their playing schedule or production needs. But then, who cares about players enjoying the game, right?

Last edited:

xivarmy

The 10-hour productions are another subtle little jab at the players. With 8-hour productions, you can develop a pattern that is pretty easy to keep in a normal person's day (8am, 4pm, midnight, repeat or something similar) with maybe some minor slippage that eventually may require a reset after a few days. 24-hour cycles are even easier. With 10-hour productions, there's no cycle to keep on top of them without staying up crazy hours (Noon, 10am, 8pm, 6am, 4pm, 2am, etc...). It's not a natural cycle for most people like 8-hour or 24-hour productions are. I don't know why they couldn't have variable production times like all other production buildings, so the players can choose which duration suits their playing schedule or production needs. But then, who cares about players enjoying the game, right?
the trouble with 24 hr cycles is that there is slippage - you have to be on on the nose or your collection drifts later and later until eventually you miss a full day.

10 hr/20 hr is not there to make you follow their cycles promptly. they're there so that you do just drop to 1 collection a day with freedom to let it slip and recover without missing a full day. There's a lot of room for "once in the morning, once in the night" with 10 hr to fit to many different schedules.