• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

JJ597

I want to get the upgraded Trees and Archdruid from this event. What do I have to do to get those?

xivarmy

I want to get the upgraded Trees and Archdruid from this event. What do I have to do to get those?
Rival quests are the most direct way to get this stuff really. You'll get 1 platinum upgrade for the archdruid and a few tree kits/upgrades from running through those.

You can also get 1 platinum upgrade for the archdruid from 300 tasks, and 1 if you manage silver+ league.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

Rival quests are the most direct way to get this stuff really. You'll get 1 platinum upgrade for the archdruid and a few tree kits/upgrades from running through those.

You can also get 1 platinum upgrade for the archdruid from 300 tasks, and 1 if you manage silver+ league.
The rival quests related to the minigame are a ripoff and are only there to get players to buy more pots of gold. The easiest way to get the platinum upgrade is from the main questline.

xivarmy

The rival quests related to the minigame are a ripoff and are only there to get players to buy more pots of gold. The easiest way to get the platinum upgrade is from the main questline.
The platinum upgrade for the archdruid isn't in the main questline. And 300 tasks only gets you 1 platinum upgrade.

The rival lines are absolutely expensive if you want main rewards/league building.

But if you *only* want platinum upgrades, a rival line get you done the event in 2 days. Or 2 days twice if you want 2. Takes a lot more than 2 days for 300 tasks.

UBERhelp1

The rival lines are absolutely expensive if you want main rewards/league building.
Only if you complete the entire thing. But if you want to just pick up some extra pots of gold, or grab some extra rewards, they're quite useful.

I'm going to just be doing 30/32 and moving on. Don't really care for the platinum upgrade.

xivarmy

Only if you complete the entire thing. But if you want to just pick up some extra pots of gold, or grab some extra rewards, they're quite useful.

I'm going to just be doing 30/32 and moving on. Don't really care for the platinum upgrade.
Well I'm treating it as a given that noone will turn down the portion they consider "free" of them. I mostly meant they're expensive to go very far past that.

I'm still tossing around what I'm going to do on my main - 26/32 if I'm going for gold league (i'm not burning my quick promotions on cake/drink/fireworks 4 if I'm not going for 32) or 32/32 if I'm not and just focusing on upgrading last year's prizes (I have 3 archdruid huts and would easily get a 4th finished this year, so silver league + 300 + 2 * rival could all get used).

On my other worlds I'm definitely doing rival-only-if-anything.

Bemined

I noticed that if you switch worlds or close the game shortly after upgrading a building, it does not register and the next time you sign in again your buildings reverted back to the previous level. Very annoying if you just upgraded a building to the next tier only to find out an hour later that it did not get updated properly and you were still producing at the old rate.

KeithOfTheForge

There needs to be a confirmation when using the Quick Promotion. When you purchase the first level manager, it shifts the buttons over. If you're quickly leveling your manager more than one time, you can accidentally hit and waste your Quick Promotion.

jaymoney23456

The platinum upgrade for the archdruid isn't in the main questline. And 300 tasks only gets you 1 platinum upgrade.

But if you *only* want platinum upgrades, a rival line get you done the event in 2 days. Or 2 days twice if you want 2. Takes a lot more than 2 days for 300 tasks.
you spend a lot more pots of gold getting through the rival quests than its worth it though-not worth it to simply get the platinum upgrade early lol

Dursland

I do not understand what motivates people to spend money on this?
For me it's a hobby and diamonds make the game more enjoyable.

If you mean this event specifically, I'm buying a little extra gold so I can do level 4 managers for shipyard and festival. That cuts about 8 hours off town completion times, and should land me in gold league for the top level building.

I'm also excited to get the upgrades for my 3 Archdruids and I have about 20 trees in my city that need upgrading. I'd also love more Trees of Silence. That's why I'm buying the pass - for that and the other prizes.

Like I said it's a hobby that I spend money on. And on a yearly basis, I spend less on this game than what some people spend on a daily Starbucks drink.

xivarmy

I noticed that if you switch worlds or close the game shortly after upgrading a building, it does not register and the next time you sign in again your buildings reverted back to the previous level. Very annoying if you just upgraded a building to the next tier only to find out an hour later that it did not get updated properly and you were still producing at the old rate.
This is a carryover issue from last year. The game does not sync with the server every time you do an action in it. You need to close the game's mini-window to force it to sync. Then you can close the tab or switch windows and let the game go inactive "safely" I believe. Basically they're trying to avoid excess server messages from every +1 level click being another update.