• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Amitola1

I checked. The real issue with this player is that they are inactive and have been pretty much since they joined your Guild. They are dead weight.
Thanks. We came to the same conclusion. We have made a plan that should work. Our guild has a process to remove members. We will stick by it. Again appreciate the help and it was quite educational for sure.

BigQd

This new gbg sucks. The championship and ranking system is a joke. How we have the top 2 guilds in our world with 6 wins says it all. If nothing else, those two guilds should have played each other at least once if not several times since they each had so many wins. Obviously they didn't. I sure hope the current wins and VP gets reset or it's going to suck even more. Counting wins from lower levels against higher level wins is also laughable. One guild with only 4 members finished higher than us and we had more than 60 members and are one of top guilds when put one on one against any other guild in our world.

Last edited:

Amitola1

Yes. The new Championship seasons starts Thursday
Thanks

I've been reading the Beta feedback thread and all the stats from the first tournament were reset to 0 plus a new building Royal Tower was introduced. No information on what it does though. Many of the same reactions (complaints) as here also.

Amitola1

Overall then it's still a championship for the more hardy guilds. It was mentioned in the Beta thread that there are guilds bouncing between Platinum, low Diamond and high Diamond for various reasons.
So the Tourney Grounds is easier to get due to an increase in frag reward incidence but still need 500 frags.

Pericles the Lion

Overall then it's still a championship for the more hardy guilds. It was mentioned in the Beta thread that there are guilds bouncing between Platinum, low Diamond and high Diamond for various reasons.
Yes, it's a championship for the more hardy guilds. But, isn't that the definition of a championship? Yes, there are guilds bouncing between the Diamonds and the Platinums. This is not new, it's been going on since the beginning of GBG. The ranking system is not perfect, it enables a few weaker guilds to be in the top 10 but, at the end of the day, the winner of the Championship was, undeniably, the strongest GBG guild (at least it was on the five worlds that I play).

Amitola1

Here's an interesting post from the Beta feedback thread.

And removing the limit of 1000 league points won't solve the problem of the correct distribution of guilds? And each time the draw brings together teams with about the same number of league points. At the same time, it would be better to have a rule that guilds do not fight each other on two fields in a row.
Our picture is like this: 70 guilds with 1000 league points, 5 top guilds, and as a result, these guilds from the top 5 met with each other only twice during the entire championship. Our guild is in the top 10, but due to a lot of bad luck in the draw, we were only able to win the round once. As a result, we ended up in 22nd place in the ranking - it's frustrating. It is clear that you can lose in certain seasons, take 5-6 places and get weaker opponents, but we don't want that.
If we had seen real league points, with no limit of 1,000, then motivation would have risen.
On the other hand, more clashes of strong guilds means more waste of diamonds, i.e. it is in the interests of developers to make sure that strong guilds meet each other more often in the fields

Sunslinger

Inno, to face the same diamond guild in 5 of 7 seasons when there are roughly 34-36 diamond guilds >>>> your algorithm is way off. The chances of that are slim to none. Fix this, it looks silly on your part from a mathematical standpoint

Pericles the Lion

The Championship winner doesn't stay at #1? It doesn't factor into rankings at all?

That's really lame.
It actually seems to make sense. If a guild wins a few championships but then implodes from defections (but does not dissolve) it could still be ranked as #1 but no longer exist in the form that it was when it won the championships. This way, the ranking better reflects guild GBG strength in real time.

BADDAWG212

Our guild loves GBG but for a month now we are competing with the two top guilds & have no chance as they land lock the map. Lets get real here either remove it altogether or make it fair for every guild to enjoy not just the top two. We have not been given a change in the last month why don't you change the opponents around???? This is a big flaw in the way this GBG thing is played!!!! Fix it please or I see no reason to play GBG in this game as it is set up for only a few guilds & the rest can pound sand!!!!

Pericles the Lion

Our guild loves GBG but for a month now we are competing with the two top guilds & have no chance as they land lock the map. Lets get real here either remove it altogether or make it fair for every guild to enjoy not just the top two. We have not been given a change in the last month why don't you change the opponents around???? This is a big flaw in the way this GBG thing is played!!!! Fix it please or I see no reason to play GBG in this game as it is set up for only a few guilds & the rest can pound sand!!!!
How many of your Guild's members were on at the start of the new GBG season this morning?

Dursland

Blue stats to GBG when?

Giving us all those boosts and now GE5 is practically the only thing we do with them.

I'm ready for it to roll out in GBG, got over 2000/2000 blue now.

honey55

The top guild in my world has been known to have 60 on at start up. We have 20 or more sign up but I've been told that we've had as many as 40 at start up. Any guild that has 40 at start up should be able to get some in. However, if one comes back 4 hours later one might be able to get a number if tiles. We are not up against any real competition this season but the next best guild pretty much took the map 4 hours later. I think they only got maybe 3 or 4 this morning. I think there is one plus for waiting and getting alot on 4 hours later for guilds not able yet to go for the championship. There's one less top guild competing for the tile as a top guild already has the tile and if you manage to take the tile there's a chance you'll keep any buildings so save goods and diamonds.

I agree that the match ups aren't fair but honestly, i wouldnt know how to make them fair. We've had 3 top guilds on at one time. That really makes it hard fir the rest and a very good guild took 3rd. If we are up against the top guild twice and come in second, we don't get the complete tower. Yet, if others are never up against atop guild they could actually get the complete tower for doing less. If we put all the best guilds against each other every time, that would just make it so top guilds never get many fights. Imagine 6 top guilds against each other. I suppose no one would want to be in any but the top guild than as they couldnt get many fights and couldn't get the complete level 2 tower. And you'd have a very good guild get 6th place while in another match up with no top guilds a guild not as good as any of the 6 top guilds takes 1st cause they have easier opponents. I haven't read a suggestion yet that makes it fair fir everyone

A point to consider though is that top guilds spend LOTS of diamonds and goods. There's no way to take the map quickly without diming. I don't think it would make sense as a business to get rid of gbg. So no matter how flawed the match ups are, it doesn't seem likely that it will go away.

Orius Maximus

Yes, it unfortunately seems that the highest levels of Diamond League is going to be pay to win (that's why it's called Diamond...heh). I don't know how much people were dropping diamonds before the recent changes but I've already stated that I am not spending diamonds on GbG gains. If that means my guild will never be more second tier, then so be it. But I don't like games that require lots of spending to achieve success. I'll at least agree with the GvG fans that that feature never required diamonds to succeed unless people were using them to heal units or something like that.