• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Amitola1

I think INNO should rename GBG to "Guilds Be Gone". Except of course for the top 8 guilds on each server. Let them fight "compete" for the "king of the hill" each championship and all the other children just fight it out in Platinum or below.
We seem to have different goals that are diametrically opposed. One says the goal is to own the map not let anyone own it. The other says "Actually, holding the entire map is a smart move if the goal is to win the season and the championship. However, the give and take from battling sectors - which is what generally happens - is about racking up rewards. Few players claim that they do it "for the battles".
So tell me wise brothers "WHAT IS THE GOAL OF GBG"? Winning the championship or doing battles for rewards. My city is small and thus so is my empire easily overrun by "thugs".

honey55

I think INNO should rename GBG to "Guilds Be Gone". Except of course for the top 8 guilds on each server. Let them fight "compete" for the "king of the hill" each championship and all the other children just fight it out in Platinum or below.
We seem to have different goals that are diametrically opposed. One says the goal is to own the map not let anyone own it. The other says "Actually, holding the entire map is a smart move if the goal is to win the season and the championship. However, the give and take from battling sectors - which is what generally happens - is about racking up rewards. Few players claim that they do it "for the battles".
So tell me wise brothers "WHAT IS THE GOAL OF GBG"? Winning the championship or doing battles for rewards. My city is small and thus so is my empire easily overrun by "thugs".
Probably both. Our main goal is to win the championship, but secondary, getting rewards

Sharmon the Impaler

Probably both. Our main goal is to win the championship, but secondary, getting rewards
You win the championship by winning the most fights which in turn will give you the most rewards , where is the conflict ? This is more in response to the post you were replying to as re-enforcing your response.

Pericles the Lion

You are asking a good question but asking the wrong audience. The "Goal" of GBG is whatever your Guild's leadership says it is. For some Guilds the goal is to maximize rewards for its members (i.e. "farming"). For others, it's winning the seasonal championship (and now the 6-week championship). Some guilds try to meet in the middle, collecting a lot of rewards while scoring enough points to be in the top spots at the end of the season. Once you know what your Guild's goal is you can decide if it is consistent with what your own goal is. If it is, great. If not, it may be time to find another guild.

Amitola1

I was thinking the same thing. As a matter of fact another Frank Sinatra song, no I'm not a big fan of him and didn't even know this was his song until just now but concerning this debate this is appropriate. I guess you could name it "Championship and Battle". I know it doesn't flow very well.

Title is "Love and Marriage".

"
Try, try, try to separate them
It's an illusion
Try, try, try and you will only come
To this conclusion

[Chorus]
Love and marriage, love and marriage
Go together like a horse and carriage
Dad was told by mother
You can't have one (You can't have none)
You can't have one without the other"

Pericles the Lion

You win the championship by winning the most fights which in turn will give you the most rewards , where is the conflict ? This is more in response to the post you were replying to as re-enforcing your response.
But this is not accurate. You win the championship by earning Victory Points and that is done by holding the most sectors for the longest amount of time. It's possible to win a GBG season without winning the most battles.

Amitola1

The "Goal" of GBG is whatever your Guild's leadership says it is. For some Guilds the goal is to maximize rewards for its members (i.e. "farming"). For others, it's winning the seasonal championship (and now the 6-week championship). Some guilds try to meet in the middle, collecting a lot of rewards while scoring enough points to be in the top spots at the end of the season. Once you know what your Guild's goal is you can decide if it is consistent with what your own goal is. If it is, great. If not, it may be time to find another guild.
Well said. That is exactly what it should be. Our guild and individual goals should be OUR goals not letting others impose their goals on us as some seem to be trying to do here. So let's all just agree to disagree and move on to what would be best, as much as possible, for all of us and INNO. This isn't rocker science but somehow we seem to be leaving common sense out of the equation also.

Last edited:

Amitola1

Once you know what your Guild's goal is you can decide if it is consistent with what your own goal is. If it is, great. If not, it may be time to find another guild.
To this point. One of the reasons we remain a small (12-20 members) is because of our goal to remain in Platinum trying to build up our treasury and fighting capability which many players are too impatient to do so they move on to another guild. We are fine with that even though at the same time it is frustrating.
edit: So an alternative goal would be to "enjoy the journey and don't worry "look" at the end of the journey". If you are enjoying the journey it never ends.

Last edited:
I may very well just have a prolonged streak of random bad luck, but it seems I win fewer attack boosts in GBG since the change. If the odds of winning (especially 20%) boosts actually were reduced, that is a disappointment.

Dominator - X

I may very well just have a prolonged streak of random bad luck, but it seems I win fewer attack boosts in GBG since the change. If the odds of winning (especially 20%) boosts actually were reduced, that is a disappointment.
Sorry, we can't use the word "reduce" or "Nerf" here. The proper term is "Game Balancing" or "Game Re-balancing" depending on the situation.

Pericles the Lion

I haven't collected any attack boosts on either of the 2 worlds I play GBG since the new GBG was implemented. 6500+ battles on one world, 4500+ on the other. I don't think it's bad luck. There's been no official statement but it appears that attacker boosts are no longer offered as one of the reward options.

Angry.Blanket

Well said. That is exactly what it should be. Our guild and individual goals should be OUR goals not letting others impose their goals on us as some seem to be trying to do here. So let's all just agree to disagree and move on to what would be best, as much as possible, for all of us and INNO. This isn't rocker science but somehow we seem to be leaving common sense out of the equation also.
What it shoul;d be is "Guild Battles" Guilds fighting each other to win. Remove the rewards same as GvG and stop the farming fights for rewards.
Other wise just put each player on their own map with no one to interrupt them from gathering rewards.

Pericles the Lion

What it shoul;d be is "Guild Battles" Guilds fighting each other to win. Remove the rewards same as GvG and stop the farming fights for rewards.
Other wise just put each player on their own map with no one to interrupt them from gathering rewards.
Remove the rewards "same as GvG" and GBG will end up just like GvG with only 5% of the player base participating. :rolleyes:

Coach Zuck

tell me you're not in a top competitive guild without telling me you're not in a top competitive guild:

side note, if the gbg championship is an honest attempt by inno to make inno more competitive and determine effective ranking (as horribly as those goals would be accomplished by these changes) why are we even bothering to talk about rewards from farming as if it's something that should be honored?

Coach Zuck

Damn I just finished finally selling almost all of my 30% boosts to the antique dealer 6 at a time on 2h over several months.. Now they're gone? I'll have to settle for the multiple 300% attack attack and attack defence boosts I've been collecting each day from some recent event building.

Coach Zuck

Remove the rewards "same as GvG" and GBG will end up just like GvG with only 5% of the player base participating. :rolleyes:
but with a mobile interface ..

I'm fine with this. Being near the top of the guild leaderboard is it's own reward. It helps with recruiting and is itself my only goal.

Amitola1

Beta gets the second championship on 16th / 11. So we'll know for sure in about a months time whether that building is staying or going. At the moment it's more assumptions than answers.
If the TG stays then that would give some incentive to make it to Diamond even if it isn't to become a champion. Get the frags, have fun for 14 days and do it again. That would work for me while we build up our membership, treasury and fighting force.