• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Amitola1

I have come to the conclusion it doesn't mean anything, The guilds in the championship will change and you will not be with the same guilds all 6 seasons.
I happen to know another player in RL and we discussed this. Our interpretation (conclusion) was the the guilds you are competing against are the ones you encountered in the first season of the championship. Subsequent seasons may or may not match you against the same guilds but your championship will be based on the guilds you first went up against. That would result in many champions on each world. This makes as much sense as having only one champion as any other interpretation and we will find out when six seasons have been completed. In other words no one knows except INNO.

I happen to know another player in RL and we discussed this. Our interpretation (conclusion) was the the guilds you are competing against are the ones you encountered in the first season of the championship. Subsequent seasons may or may not match you against the same guilds but your championship will be based on the guilds you first went up against. That would result in many champions on each world. This makes as much sense as having only one champion as any other interpretation and we will find out when six seasons have been completed. In other words no one knows except INNO.
Yeah, if that is the case, would it not be nice to have an idea where you stand in comparison to those guilds? And who is going to remember who those guilds were by the end of 6 GBGs. So crazy smh!

Pericles the Lion

I'm active with GBG on two worlds. My main is SAT, the other Indy. I've noticed that I am able to autobattle much faster in my Indy city (maybe 1.5X faster). I don't mean that SAT is slower because of more troop replacement. What I mean is that the elapsed time from when I press "attack", complete an encounter, and get returned to the "attack" button again is obviously faster in my Indy city than my SAT one. I often switch between cities when fighting GBG so I'm talking about the same device at the same time. Is there a logical explanation for this?

Orius Maximus

I don't belong in platinum or either Diamond league (big diamond or small diamond, or top diamond, low diamond....etc.). So guess what? I can balance my time in life and time to be here and literally stop wearing down my fingerprints with swipes, taps and slides on my mobile device.
I don't put up with this level or repetitive stress from ANYTHING ELSE online and it's just NUTS to live within a framework like that for hours and hours a day...

so I DON'T and WON'T.

Yeah - the monotony of just how ridiculous the unappealing ergonomics of playing this game incessantly delivers come roaring into focus fast when you play GbG.

I've been feeling that from FoE in general with the general changes this year and not specifically GbG. I actually don't feel too bothered by the GbG changes so far, and have been more annoyed by the time required for events and GE5 tbh.

Quite frankly it's a problem with online and/or mobile gaming in general that just has me at a point where I want to wash my hands of it entirely. I'd rather play a game where I can play when I want at my own pace without having to deal with any time sensitive shit.

There's been an uptick in activity from my guild in GbG in general but it's too early to tell if they find it more rewarding or it's just the novelty of the changes.

*Blush*

791 feedback comments and Inno gave us coloured labels that were never even mentionned and ignored everything else. They are not even reading this feedback thread let alone responding to it , they don't care if we like it or not.
LOL The colored labels aren't even working for me. (They just disappeared on day 3) So I got swat. LOL

jaymoney23456

Is it? Because we're in a competitive battleground, aren't using diamonds to speed up buildings, and are in first place. So maybe it's not the money that determines who wins, but some much more elusive reasons... like strategy and cooperation.
Why would someone cooperate with you so you can have first? They would want first themselves. Only way you are getting first is getting out to a fast start and if your doing swaps be at least as fast if not faster than your swap partner and or building more camps and rushing them with diamonds if neccessary. Otherwise, if you have a war round then its who is the stronger/faster guild and who can spend the most goods and diamonds to build and speed up camp completion.

jaymoney23456

If the stated intention of gbg changes was to make gbg more balanced and lead to an end of farming in gbg then it has failed. There are still many top guilds that farm the map in Brisgard and there is still a few guilds on a map much stronger than the rest. The main difference is it is more tedious and less fun to play GbG due to the end of attrition free fighting.

jaymoney23456

All we need to do now for GbG to totally die is introduce city defense. At that point diamond maps will move about as quick as bronze ones used to. Maybe another announcement saying guildmates rejoice over the changes will stem the tide of people leaving at that point! lol

Sharmon the Impaler

As long as we get more coloured labels , maybe have new guild flag avatars that we have to pay in cash once we "win" them instead of rewards to make it more fun ?

UBERhelp1

Why would someone cooperate with you so you can have first? They would want first themselves. Only way you are getting first is getting out to a fast start and if your doing swaps be at least as fast if not faster than your swap partner and or building more camps and rushing them with diamonds if neccessary. Otherwise, if you have a war round then its who is the stronger/faster guild and who can spend the most goods and diamonds to build and speed up camp completion.
I meant cooperation within your own guild, but even between guilds, it's still a good idea. For example, the most powerful guild takes first, but helps their friends to get second over a different guild. It still pays to help your friends.

Dazhel

Agreed. Inno wants war, and more cash to make war. Those of us who have limited trit use it all fast and then get to sit and watch most flips or flick over to Netflix - Well done Inno

Athanofthered

Agreed. Inno wants war, and more cash to make war. Those of us who have limited trit use it all fast and then get to sit and watch most flips or flick over to Netflix - Well done Inno
It's not working from what I've seen my guild is still exchanging tiles and farming with others.

Athanofthered

All we need to do now for GbG to totally die is introduce city defense. At that point diamond maps will move about as quick as bronze ones used to. Maybe another announcement saying guildmates rejoice over the changes will stem the tide of people leaving at that point! lol
With how many defense boosts new buildings are offering I rather doubt that. Not defending inno I don't particularly care for the changes myself. But in less then three months my city defense went from 300/950 to 1300/1800 considering most player's on dimond guilds are gonna be high level themselves it'll probably be more of the same.

We aren't people to Inno , we are only trending data and nothing more. You can suggest whatever you want on here or give all the feedback you want , they don't read it.
It could be worse, lol…I chanced to see the same thread on the UK FOE forum. I read through it, curious to see what are the views of the UK players. There is a variety of expressed views, of course, many having to do with matchmaking and ranking issues…

What I found fascinating was the behavior of the UK forums “moderator”. The man has “FOE Team” tag and “moderator” tag, yet he apparently considers it his mission to argue forcefully and repeatedly with some players whose opinion on the updates differs from his own and to defend Inno’s chosen course. I thought moderating means intervening when someone acts inappropriately and in a way that makes other forum users feel uncomfortable, rather than doing your best to make them feel uncomfortable yourself by attacking their expressed views while wearing an “FOE Team” badge in a thread that was supposedly created by Inno so that players could share their feedback, lol.

Amitola1

It could be worse, lol…I chanced to see the same thread on the UK FOE forum. I read through it, curious to see what are the views of the UK players. There is a variety of expressed views, of course, many having to do with matchmaking and ranking issues…

What I found fascinating was the behavior of the UK forums “moderator”. The man has “FOE Team” tag and “moderator” tag, yet he apparently considers it his mission to argue forcefully and repeatedly with some players whose opinion on the updates differs from his own and to defend Inno’s chosen course. I thought moderating means intervening when someone acts inappropriately and in a way that makes other forum users feel uncomfortable, rather than doing your best to make them feel uncomfortable yourself by attacking their expressed views while wearing an “FOE Team” badge in a thread that was supposedly created by Inno so that players could share their feedback, lol.
I guess INNO must pay their UK moderators to be that way. If they don't take a hardline then they cut their bonus or fire them.o_O

Sharmon the Impaler

We had one doozy of a mod 2-3 years back and he used to pick on everyone until they demoted him , no name dropping , he still plays.