• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Dominator - X

It could be worse, lol…I chanced to see the same thread on the UK FOE forum. I read through it, curious to see what are the views of the UK players. There is a variety of expressed views, of course, many having to do with matchmaking and ranking issues…

What I found fascinating was the behavior of the UK forums “moderator”. The man has “FOE Team” tag and “moderator” tag, yet he apparently considers it his mission to argue forcefully and repeatedly with some players whose opinion on the updates differs from his own and to defend Inno’s chosen course. I thought moderating means intervening when someone acts inappropriately and in a way that makes other forum users feel uncomfortable, rather than doing your best to make them feel uncomfortable yourself by attacking their expressed views while wearing an “FOE Team” badge in a thread that was supposedly created by Inno so that players could share their feedback, lol.
His name isn't agent Agent327, by chance?

Amitola1

Since I don't see our small 15 member guild being a major force in Diamond I like being able to be competitive in Platinum with stints into Diamond to collect TG shards. At least that way we can get 14 days of help for GE and maybe even venture into GE 5 to get some FS frags to get a small amount of relief for 28 days.

Sharmon the Impaler

I like the new defense requirement. I am at 3600/3800 and mid level fighters die often even when manual fighting , most abort at about halfway though.

Dazhel

With how many defense boosts new buildings are offering I rather doubt that. Not defending inno I don't particularly care for the changes myself. But in less then three months my city defense went from 300/950 to 1300/1800 considering most player's on dimond guilds are gonna be high level themselves it'll probably be more of the same.
I am diamond league I am one of many not high level my stats are around 700 att and def - yes sux to be me. No I can not raise them quick enough to make much difference. GBG is still farming - yay - and benefits are much less - boo,

WillyTwoShoes

I want to ask this again.
Does the GBG venue really need a "Diamond Quick Build" option?
And add this.
Why does the GBG venue really need a "Diamond Quick Build" option?

Athanofthered

I like the new defense requirement. I am at 3600/3800 and mid level fighters die often even when manual fighting , most abort at about halfway though.
Try using rouges with drones watch the difference I've been pleasantly surprised to see how well they actually work together feels like im back in Venus again.

Amitola1

I suspect the Inno revenue stream from GBG diamond builds is (in the grand scheme) paltry as the majority of the great fighting guilds support their builds by their individuals diamond farms.

Does being a good GBG guild mean keeping up with your opponents diamond spending on GBG buildings? If that is the case perhaps those guilds do need a league of their own?

I think you may have hit the nail on the head or smashed you fingers with the hammer.

jaymoney23456

Aside from GbG changes using city defense for GE 5 is the worst change in FOE history. It also makes no sense to use this stat instead of attack stats to attack. You are defending nothing in GE 5. It is the same as any other attack aside from using lousy city defense stats.

Eadyth

It was too much work before. Hitting auto-battle over and over again is boring and takes no brains. This made it worse. Combined with the fact that now there is plenty of room for fights for everyone, the big guilds still feel entitled to control everything, to dictate to everyone how the game will be played. Fine. Snore.

Dominator - X

he big guilds still feel entitled to control everything, to dictate to everyone how the game will be played
I think you may have "entitled" confused with "earned". Power vacuum's exist and they are constant. In real life and in not real life. If the "big" guilds were not big and dictating, other guilds would fill their void... and be big and dictating. Best way to solve this is to quit whining and either join or build - - a big, dictating guild. Mostly though, quit whining.

Be Chuille

I think you may have "entitled" confused with "earned". Power vacuum's exist and they are constant. In real life and in not real life. If the "big" guilds were not big and dictating, other guilds would fill their void... and be big and dictating. Best way to solve this is to quit whining and either join or build - - a big, dictating guild. Mostly though, quit whining.
Wow. Elitist?

The trouble with the big power guilds is that they think everyone else wants to be like them.
You could not pay me to be in one of those big, greedy, soul-sucking guilds.

Eadyth

No honey, I mean entitled, which you just demonstrated. I don't mind that the big guilds have more. I just mind that they dictate and talk down and only think of themselves and then pretend they are your friend. Not all of them are that way. I have met one that actually thinks of other guilds. I don't want a to be a big guild. And I don't want to hit autobattle over and over. So if the big guilds find themselves on the map playing by themselves thats fine.

Angry.Blanket

No honey, I mean entitled, which you just demonstrated. I don't mind that the big guilds have more. I just mind that they dictate and talk down and only think of themselves and then pretend they are your friend. Not all of them are that way. I have met one that actually thinks of other guilds. I don't want a to be a big guild. And I don't want to hit autobattle over and over. So if the big guilds find themselves on the map playing by themselves thats fine.
What do you mean on the map playing by by themselves? What do you mean only think of themselves? What do you mean dictate?
Would you feel better if " they" played the way you want them to?
If Inno intended GbG to be a way to farm rewards and not a way for guilds to battle each other why did they put more than one guild on the same map?

Eadyth

What do you mean on the map playing by by themselves? What do you mean only think of themselves? What do you mean dictate?
Would you feel better if " they" played the way you want them to?
If Inno intended GbG to be a way to farm rewards and not a way for guilds to battle each other why did they put more than one guild on the same map?
If potential partners decide it isn't worth the trouble to engage in high diamond, then the big guilds will be playing by themselves because the other guilds will still end up on their map. Dictate is when someone says: It will be this way and doesn't ask you or take your wishes into account and just assume you will obey. There's also the assumption of them knowing what is best for you and their assumption of how the game should be played. Whether to farm or not isn't the point at all. I don't care. My point is between Inno decisions and the guilds who tell everyone else what will happen, it has gotten boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Am I whining? Maybe. I don't care. I'm expressing my opinion. It can be ignored or listened to. And everyone else can also do what they want.

Last edited:

Amitola1

At the risk of repeating myself I happen to like the new GBG. In my world there are several big guilds, at least before the change, that were willing to help smaller guilds in Diamond. Since we are presently sitting in Platinum I don't know if that is still true. However, we are competitive in Platinum and have the opportunity to obtain frags for the TG building, providing INNO doesn't change or remove the TG from Diamond it gives smaller guilds a reason to reach Diamond where big guilds will still dominate. I look forward to seeing the big guilds drain their treasuries and individual players in those guilds squander their diamonds so GBG will be a more balanced competition that gives some parity to GBG.

Eadyth

Keep in mind that: Help doesn't equal respect. It is also not equal the opposite of respect.

The Tower of Champions @ L2 can probably only be achieved by a few guilds. There are lots of variables in that "probably." The biggest one is what Inno does, when they decide to cut it off as the reward. They have used the "may" word a lot. Meaning, they may also do something else.

Tourney Grounds can be achieved. Okay, now I am being presumptuous. I do have one in one world. Keep in mind that is a build that will expire. If I couldn't achieve it, it would only be a 2 week loss (okay I'm going with my memory of how long it lasts and I think its 2 weeks).

Of course, having either of these buildings is an advantage. So is anything else you invest in instead. If you accept that you cannot achieve ToC and that 2 weeks of TG isn't worth the bother ... what can you do instead ... I mean ... there are lots of good buildings out there. You use your brain. You pick. Don't let anyone else tell you.

To be fair, I don't have strong opinion on what a medium or small guild should do. I only tell you: Its not worth kissing ... instead, do what is best for you. Don't let them tell you what that is.

jaymoney23456

At the risk of repeating myself I happen to like the new GBG. In my world there are several big guilds, at least before the change, that were willing to help smaller guilds in Diamond. Since we are presently sitting in Platinum I don't know if that is still true. However, we are competitive in Platinum and have the opportunity to obtain frags for the TG building, providing INNO doesn't change or remove the TG from Diamond it gives smaller guilds a reason to reach Diamond where big guilds will still dominate. I look forward to seeing the big guilds drain their treasuries and individual players in those guilds squander their diamonds so GBG will be a more balanced competition that gives some parity to GBG.
It is wishful thinking to think that the big guilds will drain their treasury or spend all their diamonds. Our guild will have won their first 2 maps and will be third on our server in points and we still have good treasury numbers and haven't probably spent much more overall in diamonds compared to the old gbg. Also, our guild and others are seeing more fighters migrate to us, which makes the strong even stronger. Wait til a few of us get the tower of champions and that is even more goods and attack for us each day.