• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Amitola1

Tourney Grounds can be achieved. Okay, now I am being presumptuous. I do have one in one world. Keep in mind that is a build that will expire. If I couldn't achieve it, it would only be a 2 week loss (okay I'm going with my memory of how long it lasts and I think its 2 weeks).
Yes it's 14 days. You also have to be smart in how you use it to get the maximum benefit from it. For small guilds it will benefit them in other parts of the game other than in Diamond.

Amitola1

It is wishful thinking to think that the big guilds will drain their treasury or spend all their diamonds. Our guild will have won their first 2 maps and will be third on our server in points and we still have good treasury numbers and haven't probably spent much more overall in diamonds compared to the old gbg. Also, our guild and others are seeing more fighters migrate to us, which makes the strong even stronger. Wait til a few of us get the tower of champions and that is even more goods and attack for us each day.
One can dream. Perhaps INNO has achieved their goal to make Diamond a lot more competitive for the big guilds. However it will still be a pay to win league. If I need to pay to win it really isn't worth it. I am fine being competitive in Platinum and grabbing some TG frags to give me an edge. INNO could learn a lot, if they choose to, from professional sports and institute caps on money spent to bring about true parity to this game. Doubtful they will though. Does that mean I don't spend money? Not at all. I can neither afford or have a desire to since I consider it much less then satisfying to buy a win.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

No, sorry. Not elitist. Fact-ist. You don't have to like the truth. But the truth does not care if you like it or not.
I am a founder in a top gbg guild that has 80 members. There is nothing soul sucking about it. We have lots of players who want to do well and who put in fights in GbG and do what is needed to make sure the treasury stays strong. Why would players not want to be in a big guild that doesn't can't get pushed around and where members are nice and talkative!

Dominator - X

No honey, I mean entitled, which you just demonstrated. I don't mind that the big guilds have more. I just mind that they dictate and talk down and only think of themselves and then pretend they are your friend. Not all of them are that way. I have met one that actually thinks of other guilds. I don't want a to be a big guild. And I don't want to hit autobattle over and over. So if the big guilds find themselves on the map playing by themselves thats fine.
Awwwww. You called me honey.

I don't mind that the big guilds have more.
...and yet you whine when they do.

I just mind that they dictate and talk down and only think of themselves and then pretend they are your friend.
Again, being a big guild, as you call them, allows them to dictate. If they were not a big guild, someone else would dictate to them. This is really not difficult stuff to figure out. It is an unfortunate truth that can be traced back thousands of years. However, whining won't solve it. For a real solution, re-read my original post that you responded to.
I don't want a to be a big guild. And I don't want to hit autobattle over and over.
Suit yourself. However, whining about the big guilds dictating to you and auto-battling over and over while dominating you and garnering all those city building rewards... will not solve anything. Re-read the above paragraph for a real solution.

So if the big guilds find themselves on the map playing by themselves thats fine.
And yet it really isn't fine as evidenced by your whining.

Dominator - X

I am a founder in a top gbg guild that has 80 members. There is nothing soul sucking about it. We have lots of players who want to do well and who put in fights in GbG and do what is needed to make sure the treasury stays strong. Why would players not want to be in a big guild that doesn't can't get pushed around and where members are nice and talkative!
Ironically, the big guild whiners just want to dictate how things SHOULD be, though they aren't. It's an offshoot of the Passive-Aggressive disorder.

Dominator - X

At the risk of repeating myself I happen to like the new GBG. In my world there are several big guilds, at least before the change, that were willing to help smaller guilds in Diamond. Since we are presently sitting in Platinum I don't know if that is still true. However, we are competitive in Platinum and have the opportunity to obtain frags for the TG building, providing INNO doesn't change or remove the TG from Diamond it gives smaller guilds a reason to reach Diamond where big guilds will still dominate. I look forward to seeing the big guilds drain their treasuries and individual players in those guilds squander their diamonds so GBG will be a more balanced competition that gives some parity to GBG.
You really should stay in PL. Your knowledge of how the "big guilds" operate and actually have policies in place to keep their treasuries aplenty, is greatly lacking. Parity (Ha Ha, as if) will only happen if or when the whiners adopt polices and enforce them to build their own guild's treasuries. Or, alternatively, abandon their self-aggrandizing goals and build their cities in a way that they can join an already established "big guild".
Until then... It... Won't... Happen.

PJS299

Wow. Elitist?

The trouble with the big power guilds is that they think everyone else wants to be like them.
You could not pay me to be in one of those big, greedy, soul-sucking guilds.
**finishes GE5 every week - 1000's of GBG hits/season - donates 1000's of goods/day: gets kicked out.

Greedy much? Or is it just Nobu?

I don't want a to be a big guild. And I don't want to hit autobattle over and over. So if the big guilds find themselves on the map playing by themselves thats fine.

I am a founder of a medium size guild. We are in Diamond league and we play with the large Diamond guilds. Some are friends and some are foes. We choose to stay around 45-50 members. If you all want to stay small guilds, that is fine but complaining about the way larger guilds play is contradictory to what you are saying. Big guilds dictate how you play yet you are dictating how you want them to play. Not sure how you battle but some of the sectors are taking over 300 hits to fill. If you think you are going to fight that many fights manually, you will never win lol ! Auto battles are need more now than ever.

Thiose of you that complain about “farming”. Well farming hasn’t stopped where I am playing except for the 1-2 very top guilds that are taking the whole map and just holding it for the VPs.

This new GBG just sucked the fun and excitement out of the game. It was fun waiting for timers and rushing the map. Then we’d be done in 20 minutes or so and on to other parts of the game. Using the rewards to help build up cities and the like. Now it is so drawn out and so boring. I can go wash dishes and come back and there are still sectors to fill. And believe me, I use attrition now and I used it before. Sure there were some that only did 0 attrition sectors but you all don’t want those anyway so WTH?

This is just my take on what I am hearing and how I see the game where I am playing. Most of the people I’ve spoken with, do not like the changes.

Be Chuille

**finishes GE5 every week - 1000's of GBG hits/season - donates 1000's of goods/day: gets kicked out.

Greedy much? Or is it just Nobu?

Exactly what I was thinking. :)

Not "all" big guilds are bad. But the ones described earlier... that try to tell everyone else what to do, belittle others, look down on others... those are the soul-suckers. There are some guilds who think they are gods or something.

When guilds start "obeying" another guild, and kicking their members on orders from another guild, there is really something wrong.

Angry.Blanket

If potential partners decide it isn't worth the trouble to engage in high diamond, then the big guilds will be playing by themselves because the other guilds will still end up on their map. Dictate is when someone says: It will be this way and doesn't ask you or take your wishes into account and just assume you will obey. There's also the assumption of them knowing what is best for you and their assumption of how the game should be played. Whether to farm or not isn't the point at all. I don't care. My point is between Inno decisions and the guilds who tell everyone else what will happen, it has gotten boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Am I whining? Maybe. I don't care. I'm expressing my opinion. It can be ignored or listened to. And everyone else can also do what they want.
What is a "potential partner" ? How can any guild make another guild do anything? Wouldn't that start a Guild Battle on the Guild Battle Grounds?
Boy that would be bad,

Eadyth

Exactly what I was thinking. :)

Not "all" big guilds are bad. But the ones described earlier... that try to tell everyone else what to do, belittle others, look down on others... those are the soul-suckers. There are some guilds who think they are gods or something.

When guilds start "obeying" another guild, and kicking their members on orders from another guild, there is really something wrong.
I agree. Not all big guilds are bad. Probably very few are actually bad and many of them are only bad on bad days. Heck, I'm bad on bad days. But the assumption that we all want to be a big guild is nonsense. If Inno want to make the game only good for big guilds, that's their choice. But if they don't want to, they need to know that something about this isn't working. They also need to know when they decide whether or not to make it best for big guilds, that some of us don't want to be big guilds.

WillyTwoShoes

I am a founder in a top gbg guild that has 80 members.
Curiosity leads me to ask once again.

Does the GBG venue really need Diamond "quick" builds?
Is the GBG venue as much about Diamonds acquired/spent as it is about strategy, team cohesion, guild management of treasury assets?

In your opinion as a professed founder and top GBG guilder is diamond spending an integral part of top level GBG play?

I'm genuinely curious as to how important it is to your game. Can you win without spending diamonds? Is the top level of GBG play "fairly" limited to guilds at the highest level of diamond acquisition and expenditures?

jaymoney23456

Is the GBG venue as much about Diamonds acquired/spent as it is about strategy, team cohesion, guild management of treasury assets?

In your opinion as a professed founder and top GBG guilder is diamond spending an integral part of top level GBG play?

I'm genuinely curious as to how important it is to your game. Can you win without spending diamonds? Is the top level of GBG play "fairly" limited to guilds at the highest level of diamond acquisition and expenditures?
Spending diamonds to rush camps is absoutely neccessary at the start of each gbg map to race to the center. After that, it may be neccessary to win the map and it is defnintely neccessary on a war map.

jaymoney23456

We just had a war on Q and I personally spent 5200 diamonds in 2 days , a few other guildmates spent close to the same. Top diamond championship winner is the biggest spender all the way.
It could also end up being the guild that had the easiest maps and therefore simply sat on a lot of sectors the whole 11 days of gbg. The top guild on B world is doing that currently and has over 3 million vp's, which is only possible by owning much of the map the entire round. Much more than even half the map really.

Amitola1

You really should stay in PL. Your knowledge of how the "big guilds" operate and actually have policies in place to keep their treasuries aplenty, is greatly lacking. Parity (Ha Ha, as if) will only happen if or when the whiners adopt polices and enforce them to build their own guild's treasuries. Or, alternatively, abandon their self-aggrandizing goals and build their cities in a way that they can join an already established "big guild".
Until then... It... Won't... Happen.
I agree that we should probably stay in Platinum for the better part of GBG. I do have an idea of how big guilds work and we are striving to get our treasury in shape to at least make a decent showing in Diamond for TG frags. I know we won't be able to compete on Diamond but that isn't our goal. We are not and probably won't be a contender as top dog in Diamond. We are competitive in Platinum though and we can live with that. It's up to INNO to decide if they want to be able to keep FoE operating or not. Right now it appears they may not care one way or the other with the changes to both GE and GBG.

Athanofthered

Wow. Elitist?

The trouble with the big power guilds is that they think everyone else wants to be like them.
You could not pay me to be in one of those big, greedy, soul-sucking guilds.
I'm in the second most powerful battle guild in Q world they're anything but soul sucking or greedy they're all extremely freindly nice people. You're ironically very elitist in your unfair judgment yourself.

Yes strong guilds will dominate the map that's just the way it is more people means more speed which means they will win races with guilds that don't have that advantage. What do you propose Inno do? Put unfair handicaps on them to punish them for success?

Dominator - X

The only time a guild has to pay a large amount diamonds to quick build GBG buildings is Launch Day and or if they are engaged in an FFA season. If there are 2 or more "big guilds" competing for the most Provinces on Launch Day, then yes Diamonds are an integral part of winning or at least trying to win. Other than that, a few early flips here and there throughout the season may require Diamonds if enough buildings are not kept to keep attrition low enough.

Be Chuille

I'm in the second most powerful battle guild in Q world they're anything but soul sucking or greedy they're all extremely freindly nice people. You're ironically very elitist in your unfair judgment yourself.

Yes strong guilds will dominate the map that's just the way it is more people means more speed which means they will win races with guilds that don't have that advantage. What do you propose Inno do? Put unfair handicaps on them to punish them for success?
You seem to miss the point. I don't think that big guilds should have handicaps. I think they should have the challenges that they want.

I feel that guilds that do not want to be a big guild, and do not want that level of challenge, should not be forced into competing with those big guilds just because we do well when fighting in lower diamond or platinum.

I also feel that big guilds should not demean guilds that do not want to be like them.

On H there are some very not-nice guilds. There were 2 of the strongest guilds on our 1K map this season. They were swapping and controlling the map.

One of them was using traps on our doorstep. I asked why, and their leader said "to ruin your game" for "fun".
"Friends" in the other big guild actually asked us not to take their sectors so that they could compete against the other guild for 1st place. This "friendly" guild and the other one using traps had our HQ surrounded. So we either fight the traps or take sectors from the other guild.
That was not a fair choice. Friends don't ask friends to sit in HQ all season. And the leader of the other guild with the traps calls himself "god" of our world and demands that others bow to his will.
THAT is the experience with the big guilds on our world.

There was another big guild, superpower in GBG, that was recently disbanded after their leader was permanently banned. He had dozens of alt accounts.
The one above who considers himself to be a "god" also uses tons of alt accounts and alt guilds, yet support does nothing about it.

Last season was better, and 2 big guilds worked with us in swaps. So yes some guilds are good. But we still should not even have been on the map with them.

Last edited: