• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Johnny B. Goode

It looks like with the new rank system GE doesn't raise guild rank at all. Since prestige and crowns no longer have any effect, GE doesn't count at all. Is that going to change?
I had to laugh when I saw this. After all these years of people complaining that only GvG mattered in guild rankings, now it's GBG that is effectively the sole factor in guild ranking*. Inno just can't seem to get it right.

* @Dominator - X is right that the Guild Power Points (crowns) earned in GE do contribute to raising the guild level, and that is the final tiebreaker in the rankings, but he's also right that this effect is miniscule. I might even say microscopic.

Be Chuille

So... the first GBG Championship season (6 seasons) on Beta has completed and a new one has started. All guild ranks were reset to 0. The ranking is now starting over with VP from this season.

All of the effort and expense from the last championship means... nothing. The only remnant is a "1" in the Wins column for the guild that was #1.

I don't understand why any guild even tries. Only 1 gets the win, and everyone in most worlds knows that will be one of a few guilds. How have these changes helped? What incentive is there for guilds to improve? At least the old ranking was always there, and a guild who cared about rank could continually work to make it better.

Also - this season's Tower of Champions building in beta is indeed a different building. So guilds that only got a small portion of the fragments in the last season will be waiting months to get more of the same Tower's fragments.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

So... the first GBG Championship season (6 seasons) on Beta has completed and a new one has started. All guild ranks were reset to 0. The ranking is now starting over with VP from this season.
You mean that they made it like the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, etc., etc. ? Shame on them. ;)
All of the effort and expense from the last championship means... nothing. The only remnant is a "1" in the Wins column for the guild that was #1.
You didn't collect any FPs, Diamonds, goods, etc.? Probably should submit a ticket.
I don't understand why any guild even tries. Only 1 gets the win, and everyone in most worlds knows that will be one of a few guilds. How have these changes helped? What incentive is there for guilds to improve? At least the old ranking was always there, and a guild who cared about rank could continually work to make it better.
Call me cynical but I'd wager that the majority of players participating in GBG could not care less about the ranking. Not before, not now. Their incentive to improve is being able to collect more rewards.
Also - this season's Tower of Champions building in beta is indeed a different building. So guilds that only got a small portion of the fragments in the last season will be waiting months to get more of the same Tower's fragments.
I predict that INNO will create several Championship rewards and will rotate them as we move forward and players with a partial Tower of Champions will get more chances to complete it.

Dominator - X

How is this anything different than most competitions? There is usually 1 winner per season. Look at sports; football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer etc. They all end a championship season with 1 champion. When the next season begins, they all start at 0. They still have the Championship and any awards that are handed out. But a new season gives everyone a new chance to succeed. In the off-season most teams strive to improve their chances. There is a bit of a departure there, since most guilds don't really put forth effort to be more competitive, but the opportunity does exist.

Be Chuille

How is this anything different than most competitions? There is usually 1 winner per season. Look at sports; football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer etc. They all end a championship season with 1 champion. When the next season begins, they all start at 0. They still have the Championship and any awards that are handed out. But a new season gives everyone a new chance to succeed. In the off-season most teams strive to improve their chances. There is a bit of a departure there, since most guilds don't really put forth effort to be more competitive, but the opportunity does exist.
There is nothing wrong with a Championship season ranking.
But they should also have a more encompassing ranking of guilds based on more than just GBG.

Johnny B. Goode

Bottom line is that there is no longer an ongoing global guild ranking system. With all its flaws, the old system never reset and it included all guilds. This system ignores every guild that doesn't do GBG. Imagine if the old system had ignored every guild that didn't do GvG. Yeah, that would have sucked. When/if they do introduce Guild Raids, they're going to have to revamp the global guild ranking again, which is kind of a sign that this game's entire development is completely off the rails. There is almost zero continuity from the beginning of the game until now, and it doesn't look like continuity is something they're going to consider moving forward, if recent actions are any indication. And that's not even considering that buildings from two years ago are almost totally obsolete due to runaway power creep. Yeah, yeah, "golden upgrades". Rubbish. If you have to do that kind of thing, it's an admission that you are making it up as you go along with no long term vision or plan.

Amitola1

How is this anything different than most competitions? There is usually 1 winner per season. Look at sports; football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer etc. They all end a championship season with 1 champion. When the next season begins, they all start at 0. They still have the Championship and any awards that are handed out. But a new season gives everyone a new chance to succeed.
I can agree with this.
In the off-season most teams strive to improve their chances. There is a bit of a departure there, since most guilds don't really put forth effort to be more competitive, but the opportunity does exist.
I partially agree with this. We strive to improve but recognize that an 11 member with relatively weak treasury has little chance in the Diamond League. At least three contributors on this thread have recommended that we stay in Platinum so I work to stay there.
But they should also have a more encompassing ranking of guilds based on more than just GBG.
I disagree with this. If the Championship is meant to be a function of GBG then the rankings should be based on performance in GBG for that season. FoE does depart from the major sports in that FoE has two ranking systems. Major sports also has issues in putting together a schedule each season. Major sports has the advantage, excluding single competitor sports such as Golf and Tennis, of having a set number of teams to rank. I have found that under the new GBG I have become very adept at doing this. Guilds just need to recognize where they are best suited to be and do the best they can for the guild and it's members until and if it changes.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Here's the funny thing about the Beta rankings right now. The guild that "won" the Championship is listed in second place in the guild rankings, because they earned fewer Victory Points than the guild listed in first place. Not just funny, of course, rather embarrassing to the person who came up with this silly ranking system.

Amitola1

If you think about it GBG has a similar structure to baseball. Baseball has Little League, High School, College, Minor League and Major League. GBG has Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond Leagues. Where GBG departs from baseball is that GBG only has one championship but baseball has a championship for each of the leagues. It might be wise for INNO to do the same. I think it would stop a lot of the complaints found in this thread.

Amitola1

Here's the funny thing about the Beta rankings right now. The guild that "won" the Championship is listed in second place in the guild rankings, because they earned fewer Victory Points than the guild listed in first place. Not just funny, of course, rather embarrassing to the person who came up with this silly ranking system.
I am sure this will be ironed out over time. At least I hope so. VP could be used as a tie breaker in the highly unlikely event that two guilds end up with exactly the same number of "points" at the end of all 6 seasons.

Last edited:

Dominator - X

If you think about it GBG has a similar structure to baseball. Baseball has Little League, High School, College, Minor League and Major League. GBG has Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond Leagues. Where GBG departs from baseball is that GBG only has one championship but baseball has a championship for each of the leagues. It might be wise for INNO to do the same. I think it would stop a lot of the complaints found in this thread.
You could only have that legitimized if guilds stayed in their respective Leagues. Can't have several Champions if guilds can pop in and out of Leagues.

Last edited:

Dominator - X

I am sure this will be ironed out over time. At least I hope so. VP could be used as a tie breaker in the highly unlikely event that two guilds end up with exactly the same number of "points" at the end of all 6 seasons.
What points are you referring to?

Dominator - X

None specifically since I don't know exactly if there is anything guilds could end up with a tie in. That's why it would be highly unlikely.
You said "VP could be used as a tie breaker in the highly unlikely event that two guilds end up with exactly the same number of "points" at the end of all 6 seasons." What points are you referring to? How can you not have specific points in mind?

Here is how the rankings are currently based as published by INNO:

1: League Points
2: Tie breaker for League Points is Victories
3: Tie breaker for Victories are Victory Points
4: Tie breaker for Victory points is Guild Level

Victory Points are already used as a tie breaker.
So, what points are you referring to?

Be Chuille

Good point!
A baseball team does not get bumped up from Minor League to Major League mid-season just for winning a game.
Minor teams never need to play against Major teams, for a good reason.

Honestly this had potential. Instead the small guilds will lose all interest as they can afford less and less and large guilds will continue to dominate. If your point was to adjust this to help individual players instead of guilds you have not been successful. An individual player can only do so many fights, the rewards are smaller, the attrition increase is higher, so if you are in a large active player guild everyone will get more fights not just a few players. Sounds good right? Except when players are away, sick, or just not that into this part of the game. then the entire guild suffers. Plus after you have burned your attrition in the morning who takes those slots in the evening? With lots of tile flips replacement advance buildings cost too much, so no one builds, or they build cheapy buildings and attrition goes up faster for those who didn't get on the first rounds. How long until everyone burns out on this thing and does the bare minimum? Anyway what's the point? If we spend time and money optimizing our cities for GbG you will either change it like GE or completely destroy it like GvG. I assume the "new" players you plan on attracting will spend more money than the current players. I don't think you'll see any more money from me. We spent quite a lot of time, goods, and diamonds(money) on GvG and we get NOTHING back? memorialized scores, what? Why do we want to continue with a game that seems to be done with it's players? Most of the players I've met are in the 40-60 year old range, not an age group known to embrace change.

PJS299

Maybe after the Championship ends, the top 5-10 will move up to the next league, and the chance for more/better rewards, and the bottom 5-10 will move to the league below. Everybody else will stay in the same league.

Amitola1

You said "VP could be used as a tie breaker in the highly unlikely event that two guilds end up with exactly the same number of "points" at the end of all 6 seasons." What points are you referring to? How can you not have specific points in mind?

Here is how the rankings are currently based as published by INNO:

1: League Points
2: Tie breaker for League Points is Victories
3: Tie breaker for Victories are Victory Points
4: Tie breaker for Victory points is Guild Level

Victory Points are already used as a tie breaker.
So, what points are you referring to?
I already answered your question I didn't know what points could be used. I didn't see that announcement from INNO. Thanks for the info.