• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

PJS299

I'd just like to point out that my guild is ranked 25th, and we have faced the #1 guild for the last three seasons in a row. Two seasons ago we had the #1 and #5, last season we had the #1, and this season we have the #1 and #5 again.

Something is not right.

jaymoney23456

whoever the top guilds are at the end of the championship round should be put on a map together to fight it out for the quote championship. Still wouldn't be perfect since the top 8 in the rankings are not neccessarily the strongest 8 gbg guilds but we should all stop pretending that anyone deserves a 'championship' based on how it is set up now. Right now a good gbg guild that gets lucky has about as good a chance of finishing first in the rankings as the top couple guilds who end up facing each other one or more times. Victory points is a stupid measure because they can be skewed in a few different ways (easy map diming camps winning on maps non 1k diamond maps-this occurs with victories but imo is even worse with vp's

jaymoney23456

also neither the guild nor players get any kind of actual prize for 'winning the championship' so that is already a disensentive for many to bother with it lol

Mackie II

The new guild ranking system is a disaster. Counting victory points is basically irrelevant and in fact counterproductive because you can get a gazillion of them in a low league against dead guilds by conquering the map once, but get very few on a hotly contested map that's turning over every 4 hours, despite far more work, so it's an incentive to drop down leagues for easy massive VP totals. Counting victories only differentiates one of the guilds on each map from all the others, meaning 2nd and 8th place count equally as 0 victories, which is crazy. And again, it's an incentive to drop leagues to get easy victories. There are now top ten guilds who have literally never ever won in Diamond League, because they've won a few seasons in lower leagues. Counting current League Points means guilds bounce around wildly from season to season. Counting the number of Championships won adds almost nothing to the mix because it's likely one or two guilds will get all those. And then it almost all resets after six seasons, with everyone equal again, except the one guild that won the previous championship. It adds up to guild rank being meaningless. D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.

Assuming one sticks with the entire focus of guild rank being GBG, here's a better idea. Give a different number of "championship points" for each season final position and add the guild's league points that season. So you get e.g. 24 points for 1st, 21 for 2nd, down to 3 points for 8th plus you add the guild's League Points that season. So 1st with 1000 LP means 1024 "championship points". Coming 3rd with 825 LP means 18 plus 825 = 843 "championship points". That means that 8th with 1000 LP is worth marginally more than 1st in 975 LP, which is frankly fair - 1000 LP is brutal. You then discount older championship points gradually over time, like how PvP Arena works, so older results count for less. You can then bring back a meaningful concept of Top 1 days and, long term, guild rank will make sense instead of zapping around meaninglessly for six seasons before resetting to an equally meaningless "all guilds the same" state.

Last edited:

Amitola1

I would like to address a change that should have happened a long time ago. I recently found out here in this thread that if you have a member in BA with an OBS but no members in IA that GBG will use IA goods simply because the BA members OBS contributes IA goods and further complicates it by listing said member as a GBG participant even though they are not yet eligible to participate in any guild activities. What I don't know is whether the member is able to collect their OBS. We have no members in IA and an experienced member in BA in 6 worlds and desires to stay in BA for a long time. If they are unable to collect their OBS then INNO has created a handicap to both that member and the guild. IMHO this needs to change for a better experience playing FoE. I believe this is appropriate feedback for this thread.

Pericles the Lion

I would like to address a change that should have happened a long time ago. I recently found out here in this thread that if you have a member in BA with an OBS but no members in IA that GBG will use IA goods simply because the BA members OBS contributes IA goods and further complicates it by listing said member as a GBG participant even though they are not yet eligible to participate in any guild activities. What I don't know is whether the member is able to collect their OBS. We have no members in IA and an experienced member in BA in 6 worlds and desires to stay in BA for a long time. If they are unable to collect their OBS then INNO has created a handicap to both that member and the guild. IMHO this needs to change for a better experience playing FoE. I believe this is appropriate feedback for this thread.
Have you looked at the Guild Treasury Contributions listing to see if your BA member is making daily contributions equivalent to what their OBS should be producing? Or, have you asked the member what happens when they collect the OBS?

Amitola1

Have you looked at the Guild Treasury Contributions listing to see if your BA member is making daily contributions equivalent to what their OBS should be producing? Or, have you asked the member what happens when they collect the OBS?
Did both. Although I didn't find any contributions for the member it sort of meaningless without knowing why. Too early to tell.
Now my biggest concern is that even though the member is NOT eligible to participate in GBG according to game requirements they are still listed as a participant in GBG. As a matter of fact they are not eligible to participate in an guild activities, GE, GBG or the soon defunct GvG or even contribute to GBs.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Did both. Although I didn't find any contributions for the member it sort of meaningless without knowing why. Too early to tell.
Now my biggest concern is that even though the member is NOT eligible to participate in GBG according to game requirements they are still listed as a participant in GBG.
If they are in BA and they are collecting their OBS then some amount of each IA good should be getting deposited in the Guild treasury each time they collect. If this is not happening then it is a bug and should be reported. According the wiki, a beta player tested this same thing several years ago and confirmed that their BA city's OBS did contribute IA goods to the treasury.

Amitola1

If they are in BA and they are collecting their OBS then some amount of each IA good should be getting deposited in the Guild treasury each time they collect. If this is not happening then it is a bug and should be reported. According the wiki, a beta player tested this same thing several years ago and confirmed that their BA city's OBS did contribute IA goods to the treasury.
If true that's only half the issue. Again according to game requirements a BA player should not be listed as a GBG participant. They would be able to contribute to the guild by donating but that's really it. Other than GBG helping a guild advance that member receives no benefit. There are things the guild may be able to help them with such as contributing to their GBs but I am not sure of that right now. Just another learning curve that I should know by now but never came up before.

Pericles the Lion

If true that's only half the issue. Again according to game requirements a BA player should not be listed as a GBG participant. They would be able to contribute to the guild by donating but that's really it. Other than GBG helping a guild advance that member receives no benefit. There are things the guild may be able to help them with such as contributing to their GBs but I am not sure of that right now. Just another learning curve that I should know by now but never came up before.
If you check I think that you will learn that the BA player receives end of season rewards (depending on the placement of the guild) the same as any other player. The BA player cannot participate but they get the rewards anyway.

Johnny B. Goode

I'm wondering what difference it makes if they're "listed as a GBG participant" or not. It's not like GE, where the number of participants affects the guild's completion percentage. In GBG it has absolutely no effect. GBG goods costs might be set up to require goods from the eras that are currently being contributed to the guild Treasury. If so, then it's the OBS that's actually having that effect and not really the player himself/herself. (Iron Age goods are currently being contributed, so Iron Age goods are required, for example. If so, brings up an interesting question. If no players are in a certain age, but players are contributing goods from that age, would GBG then require them?)

Emberguard

I'm wondering what difference it makes if they're "listed as a GBG participant" or not.

Guild Battlegrounds only requires goods matching the age of players in your Guild. Obviously it’s not possible to donate Bronze Age goods (not anymore) so it asks for Iron Age instead and allows the bronze player to donate ironage goods from buildings

If you check I think that you will learn that the BA player receives end of season rewards (depending on the placement of the guild) the same as any other player. The BA player cannot participate but they get the rewards anyway.

They do. And if they Age up mid season they should be able to jump straight in because they’re already registered as a participant

Amitola1

No way for me to check short of asking them.
I'm wondering what difference it makes if they're "listed as a GBG participant" or not.
Makes no difference in that respect.
If so, brings up an interesting question. If no players are in a certain age, but players are contributing goods from that age, would GBG then require them?)
My point is if they can't participation due to not being eligible then they shouldn't be listed but there is no BA treasury. If what Pericles says is true then they do benefit from the frags, I have looked at member's GB and city and is definitely a very good player. Already has 6 GBs level 10 or better and 1 level 8. The question then becomes are they able to contribute using the OBS or is there a bug that prevents it which would need to be reported. At any rate I think we have covered all the possibilities with this issue.

Amitola1

Guild Battlegrounds only requires goods matching the age of players in your Guild. Obviously it’s not possible to donate Bronze Age goods (not anymore) so it asks for Iron Age instead and allows the bronze player to donate ironage goods from buildings
True but we have no IA members. So the member would need to be contributing or GBG should not require IA goods. Either would solve the issue.
They do. And if they Age up mid season they should be able to jump straight in because they’re already registered as a participant
Good to know they do. I don't think they would just jump in unless possibly they run the whole IA Tech Tree to research Military Tactics.

Emberguard

I don't think they would just jump in unless possibly they run the whole IA Tech Tree to research Military Tactics.

True. But if they do Events at all they'll have quite a lot of Forge Points and goods to run the tech tree with.

True but we have no IA members. So the member would need to be contributing or GBG should not require IA goods. Either would solve the issue.

Ideally you'd want Bronze Age campers in Guilds that already have Iron Age players but isn't too bothered on having a player that isn't participating (staying in Bronze Age at least doesn't effect the Guild Expedition results)

Here's my Bronze Age city I built just for the fun of it, along with a Treasury Goods production:
image.png

image.png

If they're Bronze Age camping (as in intending to stay in Bronze Age for the sake of staying in Bronze Age) you may want to help them with Arc print hunting if they don't already have an Arc. They won't be able to get it past Lvl 10 without an insane amount of work, and even the first set will take time to acquire. But if everyone that can puts down Future Era buildings, and they manually Aid those buildings, they'll slowly gather the Blueprints for the Arc. Once they have enough someone will need to give them the goods

Same thing with Hydra if you wanted to go that route

Observatory would be dependent on Events providing the Blueprints

For Statue of Honor and Great Elephant you only need 100 Fragments per selection kit now. So if you're in Diamond League they should be getting a Selection Kit they can use each season. If you're in Platinum League then they should be getting somewhere between 75 - 150 fragments each season.

Hypothetically they could probably reach a Lvl 8 building within 8 seasons depending on how well the Guild does each time (on the assumption of getting an average of 100 fragments each time). So probably 3 fully level'd buildings per year between the Statue of Honor and Great Elephant

Easiest way for them to have a place for Forge Points will be from Recurring Quests for blue prints and unlocking levels on the Statue of Zeus.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

A very active GBG player can expect about 3 kits per season , I sell mine off in batches of 7 about every 2 weeks or so. the return is ok , same as the 200 defense potions but you get gems as well.

Amitola1

Thanks for the feedback. I finally found the answer. Member is just not donating but we were warned something like this could happen when they joined since this was not their primary city. So we will take it up in guild business. Thanks again it's a very educating day.

Amitola1

For Statue of Honor and Great Elephant you only need 100 Fragments per selection kit now. So if you're in Diamond League they should be getting a Selection Kit they can use each season. If you're in Platinum League then they should be getting somewhere between 75 - 150 fragments each season.
We are in Platinum and I get at least 1 kit per season, sometimes 2.

Pericles the Lion

Thanks for the feedback. I finally found the answer. Member is just not donating but we were warned something like this could happen when they joined since this was not their primary city. So we will take it up in guild business. Thanks again it's a very educating day.
I checked. The real issue with this player is that they are inactive and have been pretty much since they joined your Guild. They are dead weight.