• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

jaymoney23456

The new Guild Raids is just another diamond grab. They do not like GvG because it doesn't generate diamond spend. I think they do not realize that a lot of their "big spenders" play GvG and this will turn a lot of those people away from the game.
It could be a way to entice more spending but how d
That's exactly what we're talking about. GvG wasn't about individual rewards, it was about the guild. Groups of players **truly** devoted to helping the guild would get together and play. GBG, and features with rewards are just not the same.
Doing well in GbG helps the guild way more than anything you could possibly do in GvG. GbG gives the fp to build guild members cities up and it gives a portion of the goods spent back. It also gives buildings that give additional guild goods. You get more guild power from diamond GbG than you could hope to get from GvG during the same time period. GvG can be fun when there isn't rampant scripting but to say it helps the guild more than GbG is inaccurate. Besides that it can be quite expensive in goods without the rewards GbG gives.

Douglas 221

Not to argue but Inno on its website under help this is what they state. Fighting battles has always been part of the game. Even PvP towers are on the continent map are there because people fight other neighbors.

Attachments

• GvG intro.png
    GvG intro.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 10

PJS299

GbG gives the fp to build guild members cities up and it gives a portion of the goods spent back
Personal rewards...
but to say it helps the guild more than GbG is inaccurate.
I didn't say that, I said
GvG wasn't about individual rewards, it was about the guild. Groups of players **truly** devoted to helping the guild would get together and play. GBG, and features with rewards are just not the same.

Douglas 221

Doing well in GbG helps the guild way more than anything you could possibly do in GvG. GbG gives the fp to build guild members cities up and it gives a portion of the goods spent back. It also gives buildings that give additional guild goods. You get more guild power from diamond GbG than you could hope to get from GvG during the same time period. GvG can be fun when there isn't rampant scripting but to say it helps the guild more than GbG is inaccurate. Besides that it can be quite expensive in goods without the rewards GbG gives.
While I recognize your thinking as GBG having more benefits to the guild but its about the honor of helping the guild with out the need for personal rewards. People do it NOT for personal gain.
I do agree the scripting use to fight in GvG has/is a problem on many servers along with the many bugs Inno has chosen not to address as they have wanted to retire it for years. But your thinking does not support what the other person was trying to explain. GvG was never about personal gain but working together at the same exact time to battle as a guild against other guilds. GBG was intended to replace that desire but has failed. It has been a personal reward magnet which has forced bigger guilds to gang up to swap the map to hold all of the sectors. There is very little in defensive moves one can do in GBG to protect your sectors compared to GvG where you can drop a sector just before the timer and attempt to get it back before the other guild. You can fight the siege in GvG to make it harder for the other guild to simply take a sector allowing you to possibly take another sector on the other side. There is strategy on where to move your HQ so to use it best so a guild has advantages of having the HQ next to a sector. The strategy of not bumping another guilds HQ to the wrong sector allowing them to take sectors and then move their HQ. None of that is involved in GBG. Little strategy is needed in GBG when guilds are simply swapping.

Big-Poppa

So sad to see GVG being tossed because its too hard to rewrite and fix it to make it compatible for mobile. Instead, it looks like Guild Raids is going to pull a bunch of unoriginal ideas and throw them together for another rehash of GE with impediments, and battlegrounds spending. Quick to market and diamond grab. Meh not interested. I'll be done soon enough, Thanks Inno for helping me rid this addiction.

Be Chuille

Ending GvG for this? forgeofempiresadvice.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-new-guild-raid-system-explained.html
A glorified GE?
This part: "The Guild Raids will require guild members to donate guild goods but also coins, supplies and troops"
It does not sound like fun. Just another GE with more fight/negotiate. And then that? ^^^^
And this is another feature where large guilds have an advantage.

This is TERRIBLE. What are they thinking?

Douglas 221

Some are at 20% attrition, some at 40%, etc. depending upon the buildings on the owned sectors. You should probably be able to play a lot more than 20 minutes if you are hitting the sectors with 20% attrition. I am able to play for hours, just not the first day.
Many of us do not have time to sit watching the GBG map for when a sector will get flipped to be able to come back and take it. The biggest problem in both worlds I play is having enough dedicated players who have time to come back to coordinate flips or start fighting a sector when it opens to make sure our guild gets the sector. Every 4 hours is only theory as the sectors do not get taken at the same exact time so it ends up with GBG a guild needs members to sit and watch the map for hours waiting for sectors to have their timers run out. If your guild happens to have the ability to flip in a fast coordinated effort then in just 4 hours later its time to do it all over again. That would mean 7x a day (one gets eaten up in the fighting) guilds need people to show up to coordinate the fights. It has gotten really stale. If not for the personal rewards... many would not do it. The bribery is what has people still focused on GBG. The pride of working together ONCE a day is what players love GvG. In reading the spoiler release for Raids, I do not see much of what people enjoy about GvG being added. It appears to be a twist to GE except with a timer which guild members must all complete their fights by the end of the heros buff timer. Of course this was from the Alpha server. Inno has not listened to what players who actually enjoy GvG want for years. I dont expect them to listen now.

B3PO

I would like to see some actual detail about guild raids a bit before gvg closes down. otherwise i think folks will simply leave and not look back. and so far the best I've seen is it will be akin to the one game mode in Elvenar, which if we're being honest compared to GvG is hot garbage. so if that's what they are about to drop, I can find something else to do in my free time. GBG is about as exciting as watching paint dry

I would like to see some actual detail about guild raids a bit before gvg closes down. otherwise i think folks will simply leave and not look back. and so far the best I've seen is it will be akin to the one game mode in Elvenar, which if we're being honest compared to GvG is hot garbage. so if that's what they are about to drop, I can find something else to do in my free time. GBG is about as exciting as watching paint dry
They need to give more info or they will lose alot more players... the new GBG update already made several people just on my main world quit. GvG will make more quit

Douglas 221

"The guild raids is an area where larger guilds have an advantage but only if those additional members are not freeloaders. Similar to GbG the costs will be dependent on the number of players in your guild and what age they are in. Guild with more members can do more encounters."
I see this as another way to force people who want to be active to join a larger guild to enjoy these new rewards. I like the idea of Goods, medals, coins all being used by the guild to participate in aspects as it requires players in guilds to grow their GBs and event buildings.
What I do NOT see to replace some of what people enjoy about GvG:
1. Ability to fight with lower age troops against other players with those same troops.
2. Lack of rewards popping up while you are fighting to distract
3. There is not a need to use diamonds in GvG unless you want to heal troops.
4. Strategy - the new feature seems to only have the strategy of choosing a blue or red path. Okay. That doesnt seem like much strategy. GBG has more strategy when trying to figure out how to swap with another guild to each retain a balance of sectors.
5. A set time for people to show up to participate where people then get to be social. Closest thing in GBG is Thursday morning when the BG starts.
6. Defensive opportunity. In GvG if a guild is taking one of your sectors you can slow them down by killing their siege. That does not happen in GE or GBG. I dont see a way of doing something similar in G Raid.
Inno has known the small percentage of players who do GvG are hardcore and have been able to introduce people to GvG and gain their enjoyment in doing it due to many of the things I have listed. It is possible Inno will have GR on a set timer on each server so guilds can encourage people to show up at a set time to fight allowing the social element. I do not however see a defensive strategy element or strategy beyond a path choice. I do not see a need for players to use their lower age troops to do anything against others with the same age troops. I expect a greater need to spend Diamonds to even compete in G raids. I expect rewards to pop up during fights like in GBG and GE. I expect this to be more of a time wasting component vs a competitive component. Will Inno suprise us?

puzzle63

I've been playing GVG since the PE Map. We Battled every night for years. That was the fun part of the game. Since then Inno has change GE to Fragment ville. They change the M/P to fragment's 1st over fp's??? The change the rewards payout on the Tor 4 times that I know of. This last times they cut out the diamonds and 1-ups. The things you need the most. PvP , Settlement's and GBG all are a big waste of time. Sure you get rewards form GBG. But you have to be on 24/7 to get them. Inno is going down the road where you will 'have to run bots'. Just to keep your city running. Nice going Inno. When you remove GVG. You can remove me too.

-Athena-

I just want to say that this person is just making up everything. If you look back on previous posts, they are incredibly wrong compared to what we got, and I have very strong reason to believe that they do not have inside info. They are not on an alpha server, they do not have contacts at Inno.

There is no reason to believe what they post.
How do you know the person who wrote that isn't on the Alpha Server? They didn't even post their name. And until some Moderator speaks up here and says otherwise it's the most detailed (and that isn't saying much) report we have had on guild raids.

Big-Bendz

GvG was great fun and it went very well until they got rid of the ERA zones. Now the final zone is only good for the highest few level players. Can't do Arctic age against Venus or Jupiter moon...In one world we had a small group of about 6 people who tore apart the top 5 guilds and totally ripped them from the top for a time. We didn't keep much land so it didn't cost us much in the way of goods. but we sure created lots of Mayhem!!!! Lots of fun that was.....

Douglas 221

I just want to say that this person is just making up everything. If you look back on previous posts, they are incredibly wrong compared to what we got, and I have very strong reason to believe that they do not have inside info. They are not on an alpha server, they do not have contacts at Inno.

There is no reason to believe what they post.
The person plays in ALPHA. Inno changes many things after Alpha. On an Alpha server its more of experimentation. The person notes there were two versions offered on different days. That tells you Inno wanted to try different ways.
Then the last part of it is speculation on his part. The over all insight of what is happening in it... will not change and will be what the person has reported. The speculation part is no different than many people do when they hear of this and the experience playing Inno games. To claim "There is no reason to believe what they post." is poor on your part.

Jewels Forever

GVG deletion​

You2023-10-23 10:41:46​

the deletion of GVG is an absolute disaster!!!!! you should put the choice to a vote for the GVG players to decide - some of us enjoy the social hour (for some it's all we have). Even with all the inno glitches it is a fun hour of the day. GBG has always been a hit and miss part of the game (some of us have a job & obligations) but the GVG is a set time & easier to plan on. "Changing major parts of the game is changing the reason we all want to be here". Please reconsider this before putting "SOMETHING" else in that you can't even explain yet !!!!!!!!! this is my vote "KEEP GVG" !!!!!!!!!!
you are obviously not considering the gamers that have made this a family and a guild!! some have played for years and now what--something YOU cannot even explain so we know how to play-changing GBG was bad--- this sounds even worse--good luck with your NEW cluster
I have been playing FOE for almost 10 years I am new to forum only !!!!

Last edited: