• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Xenosaur

You know it can't stop, @PJS299 . If they lower the yield on the next event, or stop mainlining FP, goods boosts, etc... people will dry up their spending.
The ONLY way they keep the balance is to keep producing higher and higher yields in the events, but quietly (and obviously) make AI changes to the fighting venues to match the general metrics of the upgrade. Only those that buy serious multiples of the event building will see an initial modified boost that's apparent, but 1 added "something" won't help, palpably.

So to us, it's looks like we're making great progress with all the new buildings we get on fighting longer and better, but the progress is fleeting, because... in the background, they're removing some or all of our "gains" with measured intelligence increase imparted to the controls and warriors we fight - by smarter AI design against you - to keep a reasonable balance.

They also know and "degrade" our favorite strategies to fight... 1 + 7 or 2 + 6 (warrior with rogues) use to be a winner - but now? Nope. That's because Inno's AI has reduced the effective value of that strategy. It's still works, but not like it used to. We didn't change it - they did (in the background). They go right for the single warrior now - the defensive AI has new sharp teeth.

talk about inflation though.
In the new Saint Patrick's event coming soon, there is ANOTHER 3 digit boost rate in evidence for the top level (gold) of the Celtic Tavern. 100% Blue shield when you fight in GE 5.

You'll start to see more and more 3 digit boost rate this year, I would think. The 2 digit -->3 digit boost rate line's been breached again, and more breaches will start to appear later this year.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

You know it can't stop, @PJS299 . If they lower the yield on the next event, or stop mainlining FP, goods boosts, etc... people will dry up their spending.
The ONLY way they keep the balance is to keep producing higher and higher yields in the events, but quietly (and obviously) make AI changes to the fighting venues to match the general metrics of the upgrade. Only those that buy serious multiples of the event building will see an initial modified boost that's apparent, but 1 added "something" won't help, palpably.

So to us, it's looks like we're making great progress with all the new buildings we get on fighting longer and better, but the progress is fleeting, because... in the background, they're removing some or all of our "gains" with measured intelligence increase imparted to the controls and warriors we fight - by smarter AI design against you - to keep a reasonable balance.

They also know and "degrade" our favorite strategies to fight... 1 + 7 or 2 + 6 (warrior with rogues) use to be a winner - but now? Nope. That's because Inno's AI has reduced the effective value of that strategy. It's still works, but not like it used to. We didn't change it - they did (in the background). They go right for the single warrior now - the defensive AI has new sharp teeth.

In the new Saint Patrick's event coming soon, there is ANOTHER 3 digit boost rate in evidence for the top level (gold) of the Celtic Tavern. 100% Blue shield when you fight in GE 5.

You'll start to more and more 3 digit boost rate this year, I would think. The 2 digit -->3 digit boost rate line's been breached again, and more breaches will start to appear later this year.
I proved your theory yesterday. We needed Alabaster for the guild so I ripped up 700 combat strength for 6 hours to run 22 alabasters through with 34 finish all goods I had saved up. Difference in combat was only slightly noticable. This is a bonafid shrinkflation on the combat boosts. 2019 @ 20% Att = 2024 @ 120% approximately not counting the SAT combat nerf. Inno thinks we are stupid and have no ability to figure out the math but it's pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

those BLACK flasks, @Sharmon the Impaler ? We all marveled at them (compared to the RED stuff we've used for years...), but I remember you saying they're "ineffective", especially the 100.

Why?

Same reason - makes the players salivate for them and try to get them and the buildings that make them..., but their "countermeasures" in the AI are already baked into the warriors we're fighting, so?

Not much net gain when you use them (especially the 100) ....

But you think you're getting something special :D

planetofthehumans2

It was absurd that in the last summer event, around GEX level 5 defense, that they went with ATTack pots, good lord who is running things over at inno. I been selling the black pots to the dealer, but it's really annoying getting all these junk items every day.

85gt

If botting was part of the reason for the GvG shutdown then GBG is in trouble.

It's starting to spread on US29. For the first year of the world opening day was lag-free, despite complaints from other worlds.

Then suddenly people start filling tiles like lightning and now there's tons of lag on opening day. Other guilds are getting away with botting, which is inspiring (forcing) other guilds to do the same. So it's spreading like wildfire now with Inno's blind eye towards it.
Scripting started in GBG a year after it came out in B world, some guilds just could not stand to be beaten. Inno has created the problem by not working hard on fixing it with severe bans and blocking the players that are on bans from just using an Alt left by a guildmate no longer playing. It has killed GVG and GBG when it opens on Thurs. is super slow for all but the script users. Inno just don`t have a clue how to fix so they let it kill the game, after GVG ends IM out, will leave it to the blind followers

jaymoney23456

You'll start to see more and more 3 digit boost rate this year, I would think. The 2 digit -->3 digit boost rate line's been breached again, and more breaches will start to appear later this year.
There is nothing going on that is making combat harder in the background. It is the same as it ever was and you have the same outcome in autobattles using the same troops as always when facing enemies with a given attack boost%. What has happened though is that all the power creep is totally useless compared to the end of attrition free in GbG. even 6k extra attack can't make up for that. Only thing that could is if one is able to get high enough attack that they can get past the max enemy attack percent (at 200 attrition now I believe) and still fight without losing troops at an unsustainable rate.

jaymoney23456

I proved your theory yesterday. We needed Alabaster for the guild so I ripped up 700 combat strength for 6 hours to run 22 alabasters through with 34 finish all goods I had saved up. Difference in combat was only slightly noticable. This is a bonafid shrinkflation on the combat boosts. 2019 @ 20% Att = 2024 @ 120% approximately not counting the SAT combat nerf. Inno thinks we are stupid and have no ability to figure out the math but it's pretty obvious.
If you have high attack to begin with it is gonna be hard to notice the difference in your attack unless it gets to the point where you go down to relatively small attack boost. If your attack is say 3k and you add another 300% from flasks then you might get a couple more attrition points at most and it won't be much difference overall.

Sharmon the Impaler

If you have high attack to begin with it is gonna be hard to notice the difference in your attack unless it gets to the point where you go down to relatively small attack boost. If your attack is say 3k and you add another 300% from flasks then you might get a couple more attrition points at most and it won't be much difference overall.
It's going to not be noticible removing 15% of your attack boost ? You just like disagreeing with everyone no matter how dumb it makes you look.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

"2019 @ 20% Att = 2024 @ 120% approximately". Are you suggesting that troop effectiveness in 2019 with 20% attack boosts was the same as troop effectiveness is now but with 120% boosts? A six-fold deterioration? If this is what you mean, how did you calculate this while accounting for other variables (e.g. changing eras)? I have three GE diamond farms that I started in late 2021. I haven't added any attack boosts to these cities for about two years but have experienced no change in troop effectiveness in either GE or GBG (I do little GBG in these cities but can still reach the same attrition today as I could two years ago and I've been camping in LMA all that time).

Sharmon the Impaler

"2019 @ 20% Att = 2024 @ 120% approximately". Are you suggesting that troop effectiveness in 2019 with 20% attack boosts was the same as troop effectiveness is now but with 120% boosts? A six-fold deterioration? If this is what you mean, how did you calculate this while accounting for other variables (e.g. changing eras)? I have three GE diamond farms that I started in late 2021. I haven't added any attack boosts to these cities for about two years but have experienced no change in troop effectiveness in either GE or GBG (I do little GBG in these cities but can still reach the same attrition today as I could two years ago and I've been camping in LMA all that time).
I wrote it incorrectly , it should have implied that boosts now are the equivalent of the same in 2019 - 20%.

jaymoney23456

It's going to not be noticible removing 15% of your attack boost ? You just like disagreeing with everyone no matter how dumb it makes you look.
Depends on where you are at to start with.

Desert Red Dawg

I never played GvG because I mostly play on iPhone or IPad And it’s not available on that format.
I’ve been playing for 5 yrs.There are a lot of other things to do besides GvG.
And yes GBG can be exhausting. But I know a lot of players that don’t even like playing that.
I don’t venture into these forum much either.
It seems that a majority of the discussions are peeps whining about this or that.

in Beta, GVG ended already but there is nothing new about Guild Raids still... just the Quantum Incursions, which seems to be Quantumly boring. and a bounce back to Iron age for Titan players is a big WHY? I played the first round, now I am ignoring it

The Lady Redneck

in Beta, GVG ended already but there is nothing new about Guild Raids still... just the Quantum Incursions, which seems to be Quantumly boring. and a bounce back to Iron age for Titan players is a big WHY? I played the first round, now I am ignoring it
QI IS Guild Raids. They just renamed it when they realised they were not capable of delivering it as originally stated.