• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

Oswyn the noble

ive always wanted to change my name. but now its here, iam reluctant in changing it. maybe in near future who knows. but will it work with my first name intact or does it have to be a new first name?

Oswyn the noble

This is the single worst "Improvement" should be called a bug
  • "You can now easily jump from a production building to another by simply clicking in the arrows (left and right). Also, upon clicking on a production option, it will automatically move to the next production building, so you don't need to open every building manually anymore."
Reason 1 - It does not go in the order I prefer, I could live with this if it wasn't buggy in the production buildings selection
Reason 2 - It will not let me skip my blacksmiths that I keep for quests, it keeps returning to them before the rest of the buildings are done. Skip once it should not bring the building up again!
Reason 3 - It resets my view and zooms in fully, and on my Windows touchscreen tablet means I have to reboot because I cannot zoom out after this "Improvement" or Bug would be more correct.
I could get used to the jumping to other next production building but why does it have to screw up my view settings? Where is the option switch to shut this off? I guess the goal is to make the game unenjoyable.

~FredF

i actually like it. saves me time . because iam on mobile all the time. to each his or her own i guess

Man4star

This is the single worst "Improvement" should be called a bug
  • "You can now easily jump from a production building to another by simply clicking in the arrows (left and right). Also, upon clicking on a production option, it will automatically move to the next production building, so you don't need to open every building manually anymore."
Reason 1 - It does not go in the order I prefer, I could live with this if it wasn't buggy in the production buildings selection
Reason 2 - It will not let me skip my blacksmiths that I keep for quests, it keeps returning to them before the rest of the buildings are done. Skip once it should not bring the building up again!
Reason 3 - It resets my view and zooms in fully, and on my Windows touchscreen tablet means I have to reboot because I cannot zoom out after this "Improvement" or Bug would be more correct.
I could get used to the jumping to other next production building but why does it have to screw up my view settings? Where is the option switch to shut this off? I guess the goal is to make the game unenjoyable.

~FredF
The zoom when finished is extremely irritating, but it is possible to change the view back without logging out.

Man4star

I foresee a lot of bad pennies showing back up with new names. I think it's asking for trouble, but what do I know? (And of course it probably didn't cause problems on Beta...doubt it was there long enough and probably not nearly as many bad pennies on Beta.)
I was in a guild that was sabotaged by a player who came into the guild for that purpose. After a period of guild membership, he impressed the leaders and was given a leadership capacity. He then used that the following night to kick all the members. I foresee members who have been kicked returning to the guild for the purpose of enacting revenge, thus we are going to need to be extremely careful who we grant leadership and probably more selective with membership.

Kaidi

I foresee members who have been kicked returning to the guild for the purpose of enacting revenge, thus we are going to need to be extremely careful who we grant leadership and probably more selective with membership.

We check the player-run databases to see where they have been, and we did that before the name change ability. Even when someone has changed their name - we checked yesterday to make sure - that history still follows them in those database. If they have been in the guild before, we would see it. So as long as Inno doesn't block those databases somehow, it should be OK. (It does seem as though they should give us a non-player-created way to see that, though.)

RazorbackPirate

I've tried it for a few days and because of the automatic zoom, I give it a big thumbs down. The zoom is useless and unneeded at best, extremely annoying at worst. There is literally no way to avoid having your city zoomed against your will when setting a production. Full zoom, like it or not.

Well, I don't like it. Not even a little. Please remove the zoom.

This, to me, is a perfect example of a developer doing something they think is cool, all the other developers agreeing it's cool, without anyone at any point asking the question, why anyone would actually want their city auto-zoomed EVERY time they set a production. Okay, you figured out how to do something cool. Kudos to you. Now make it stop.

Last edited:

IskandarAZ

I actually like the new production scroll arrows, though I will happily stipulate to the following
1. The autozoom is not only annoying, I totally fail to see why anyone thought it was a good idea. For FredFrikin and others with the touchscreen issue, have you tried clicking on the zoom-out icon in the bottom left corner of the screen? Works for me.
Zoom out.PNG
2. The order is not what I would prefer either; on the other hand I normally collect all the productions with a sweep of the mouse, and the production set is so fast that nothing sits there, so not a real issue for me.
3. The Blacksmith thing I solved by just keeping them at 24 hour productions when I am not using them for other time periods. That way they are not available for auto-selection.
So for me, the only real "bug" is the auto-zoom, and overall I still think the change is an improvement.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The information about the hotkeys is new to me, and interesting. Thanks. I doubt I'll find it worth memorizing, but it's good to know.
I've been using them for years, and they are extremely easy to remember and use. Just hold the number key down and click on the building you want to set, and done. No need to let up on the number key until you are done clicking all the buildings you want to set.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I was in a guild that was sabotaged by a player who came into the guild for that purpose. After a period of guild membership, he impressed the leaders and was given a leadership capacity. He then used that the following night to kick all the members. I foresee members who have been kicked returning to the guild for the purpose of enacting revenge, thus we are going to need to be extremely careful who we grant leadership and probably more selective with membership.
Being extremely careful and diligent about who you grant permissions to has always been something you should have made a top priority. This update doesn't change anything in that.

Zatrikon

And why are event buildings in a separate cycle from the regular buildings? Several people have mentioned the Reindeer Paddock, but there are several others: Confectionery (& Large, & Huge), Fan Shop, Beach Bar, etc. Which makes this supposedly time-saving feature take more time.

If I have three regular production buildings and three event production buildings,

By the "old" method, I click on each building (in the order that I want), and click which production I want. = 12 mouse clicks.

By the "new" method, I click on one of the buildings, click which production I want (in the order they select), then scroll over to one of the other type of building, click on it, and click each of the productions I want (again in the order they decided to present them), and then adjust the zoom level back to the way I want it. = 8 mouse clicks, plus scrolling the screen to find the other building, and then readjusting the zoom level.

If the zoom was removed, then it would just be = 8 mouse clicks.

And remember that this applies to Goods Buildings and Cultural Settlements as well, and sometimes, you don't want to set a production in a Cultural Settlement, because you don't have enough currency yet, but it still takes a click to move to the next building or close the window.

Very annoying. Just remove the zoom.

Tuwanda

I actually really like the production & goods gathering one except for the automatic zoom in at the end. That is quite annoying. Hope that can be fixed in the next update. Otherwise, it's extremely useful when you maintain a bunch of blacksmiths for events or have a lot of production buildings, or just have your building scattered around your city.

Kranyar the Mysterious

New problem. Now when I use the hotkeys to start my production it is starting all my productions at that time interval all at once, not just the building I clicked on, and not just the same type of building. And it is zooming in afterwards too!!!

PLEASE GET THIS FIXED ASAP

Fishercat.

For what it's worth:

I've never thought it was worth the bother to join the forums before. Wanting to provide feedback about the autozoom "feature" made it worthwhile, although I initially thought it was a bug. When discussing the issue with a friend, his response was "Oh, good. Thank you for doing that. Now I don't have to."

So for everyone complaining about the zoom, just do your collections and reset on mobile. No zoom there.
Not buying a new phone for something stupid like this.
I also don't like federal cases being made out of minor annoyances.
I know your post was not directed at me but nausea and eye pain are not minor annoyances. I will not be using production buildings anymore until this forced scrolling has an option to turn off. Would not bother playing at all until then either but can still help my guild with fights.

Flavius Belisarius

OK. I have a gripe.
The production scroll should include ALL open production buildings.
Ter Farm-Reindeer Paddock-Sleigh-Arena-Rosarium..... then it gos back to the city.

Last edited: