• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

Kaidi

I posted earlier (one of the haters, lol) but I just collected on BG. To keep my 24-hour (5 diamond) collect time as tight as possible I do my L2 TFs last, then jump immediately in and set them manually to 24 hours after the 5 diamond collection, right? So they're normally within a few seconds of each other.

So click one Terrace Farm, set to 24 hours, and...should go to the other terrace farm, right? But no, goes to a Foeberge shop (that I only use for events), so I have to close, it zooms in max, have to zoom back out, have to track down the next terrace farm, click it, and....repeat.

This is just...dumb. Please give us a way to turn this off. (AT LEAST kill the zoom. I'm ready to give the game another 6 month break over the zoom thing - lol - I find it that irritating. It strikes me as one of those types of "features" someone decided to add because...they could.)

Jimcat

This is just...dumb. Please give us a way to turn this off. (AT LEAST kill the zoom. I'm ready to give the game another 6 month break over the zoom thing - lol - I find it that irritating. It strikes me as one of those types of "features" someone decided to add because...they could.)
Yes, this exactly . Because it only happens on the PC, and because it is such a degradation of the user experience ,I have to assume that the auto zoom "feature " was an unintended side effect of the implementation of the production building scroll feature!, and slipped in there because of inadequate testing . If that is the case ,I understand ; mistakes like this happen from time to time in software development . Remove it and we will all forget about it in a month or two . But if someone actually decided that this was something that users would be happy to see ... well , that is what we call a "career limiting move". That person should apologize to the players on the next Q&A video , or else promptly seek a different line of work .

BSkelton

This recent update with the production buildings is very annoying (at least for me). In most cases, I prefer to select which production buildings I want as they are connected to the recurring quests. Each time I exit the window I get that auto-zoom, which is utterly and painfully annoying. This causes me to reset the zoom to my preference every time!

As an example, I have Space Farms in productions every 5-minutes as there is a recurring quest which asks to complete 8 productions from your age and it yields some pretty nice rewards....but - not when I have to readjust the zoom every frickin time! Not sure what the intent was on the auto-zoom, but please remove it ASAP!!!!!

As for the production buildings (new option), I don't like the player's choice being removed, pretty soon I bet all we have to do is sit back and watch the game play for ourselves. Not impressed with this update!

KevinP0208

Not only am I irritated about the zoom, but I'm irritated about the production scroll. Not to be rude or anything, but the production scroll is absolutely dumb. I collect on time, so I went to my productions and started to produce (Tobacco Plantation). It should've went to another tobacco plantation, but instead it went to a blacksmith which I only use for events and quests. So instead I had to exit, unzoom it, then find the Tobacco Plantation. Without the update, it should've taken me a few seconds, but instead it took 5x more time. Now my 24h collection would be interrupted. If this continues, I'm ready to take a break until this is fixed. I do not want to get annoyed everyday for something simple.

Pumbaa the Great

=

This was asked for on beta, but met with silence. Doubt there will be anything implemented.

My suggestion, if you get a new request to join (especially about a week or two after you kick someone for cause), look them up on foestats, and if they don't have any back history that'll indicate when they changed their name (unless the database sites add the name change somehow).

Better yet, note some key features when you kick someone, like their ranking points. Then if a new player shows up with a starting point matching the ranking points you noted, you probably have a match. A lot of work, and probably a waste of time, but it is a potential work around.
I changed my name in beta. Just looked my new name up and it showed all the guilds I was in under my old username. So you'll be able to see if that person was ever in your guild or not.

Andrew V.

mine zooms way in and i can't zoom out. happens randomly even before this update. PC Chrome
You may want to try using a different browser. I don't like Google personally, so I don't use Chrome ever. You may try either Edge or Vivaldi. I haven't had issues with either one of them. Personally though, I play on Mac and use Safari and everything works fine there for me. I do have to deal with the zooming after the building window closes though. I just thought that I would try to assist you with the random zooming issue you said you were having. Let me know if that helps.

PS - You may also try to see if there is an update for Chrome out there that you haven't installed yet. If so, that could be causing you issues as well.

Jimcat

I changed my name in beta. Just looked my new name up and it showed all the guilds I was in under my old username. So you'll be able to see if that person was ever in your guild or not.
If users can change their in-game name , then there has to be some unique identification of the account other than the name . Bans should use that, so that changing the name won't be a loophole .

Jimcat

You may want to try using a different browser. I don't like Google personally, so I don't use Chrome ever. You may try either Edge or Vivaldi. I haven't had issues with either one of them. Personally though, I play on Mac and use Safari and everything works fine there for me. I do have to deal with the zooming after the building window closes though. I just thought that I would try to assist you with the random zooming issue you said you were having. Let me know if that helps.
I don't like Apple personally , so I don't use a Mac ever . So no, that does not help . But thanks for the effort .

lunasea

:rolleyes:
Post try #3
1. When first encountering the update my first thought is whether my Vivaldi browser or Windows needs an update, the update is highly questionable.
2. The production window causes the game screen to go to ZOOM+ when it closes on its own or when user closes it trying to get out of it.
3. It causes game play to be a pain in the apple either trying to deal with using the update or not using it or just using the extremely slow method of one at a time clicking the completed production (and then a new production only for that building) before moving on (the equivalent of one-finger henpecking on a keyboard).
4. There was nothing wrong with the pre-update production method. Nothing was broken, nothing required fixing.
5. It is a huge what the fruitcake and it vacuums. It is black hole in the universe of happy game play.

Raymora

How did change name feature make it to production? As I understand new features are vetted for the possibility of player abuse. I can see this being abused and be potentially damaging to guilds and players.

We had a guild member who was being followed and accosted by some idiot who would create new accounts to get close to send messages. They would also create users with very similar names and message people pretending to be her with suggestive comments.

This change just makes that kind of abuse so much easier. With subtle comments, they can abuse and avoid being banned.

There is also quite a bit of rivalry between guilds, at least on Jaims. People can change names and attempt to join a guild that would never accept them if their true identity was known. Name change was possible previously, but went through a vetting of a valid reason and 1 time limit that had to be done through support.

KevinP0208

How did change name feature make it to production? As I understand new features are vetted for the possibility of player abuse. I can see this being abused and be potentially damaging to guilds and players.

We had a guild member who was being followed and accosted by some idiot who would create new accounts to get close to send messages. They would also create users with very similar names and message people pretending to be her with suggestive comments.

This change just makes that kind of abuse so much easier. With subtle comments, they can abuse and avoid being banned.

There is also quite a bit of rivalry between guilds, at least on Jaims. People can change names and attempt to join a guild that would never accept them if their true identity was known. Name change was possible previously, but went through a vetting of a valid reason and 1 time limit that had to be done through support.
Yeah, so like someone mentioned earlier, people should pay diamonds to change their name + the 180 day rule. Then they would think twice before changing it.

Andrew V.

I don't like Apple personally , so I don't use a Mac ever . So no, that does not help . But thanks for the effort .
Well, I wasn't talking to you. Not sure why you had to jump in with your uncalled for remark. I'm just trying to help the guy out when no one else seems to be comment on his issue.

Johnny B. Goode

Several thoughts after using the new production building update and reading most of the posts here.
1. It takes between a nanosecond and a millisecond to zoom back out with the mouse wheel. If that bothers you, don't ever try to play a board game.
2. If you have production/multi-production buildings that you don't use except for during events, first of all, why? If they're Blacksmiths, just delete them until the next event starts. If they're not Blacksmiths, why not use them? It doesn't cost anything to run production cycles in them. If you really want to leave them up but not use them, why not try disconnecting them? Will that work? Try it and see.
3. When using all your production buildings, the new update is way, way better and faster. Not only is it intrinsically faster, but it doesn't hang up like the previous methods. Nothing more frustrating than sitting there waiting for either the computer or the server to finally register your cycle selection on a building so you can move to the next one. That had been happening since I first started playing the game 6 years ago, sometimes better, sometimes worse, but always there. With the new method there is no such delay. That is huge.

Raymora

Yeah, so like someone mentioned earlier, people should pay diamonds to change their name + the 180 day rule. Then they would think twice before changing it.
Even paying diamonds wouldn't stop many users. I guess in the long run it would reduce the number who might have otherwise. That makes it a smaller possibility of abuse, but still introduces the ability to abuse with the update.

KevinP0208

Several thoughts after using the new production building update and reading most of the posts here.
1. It takes between a nanosecond and a millisecond to zoom back out with the mouse wheel. If that bothers you, don't ever try to play a board game.
2. If you have production/multi-production buildings that you don't use except for during events, first of all, why? If they're Blacksmiths, just delete them until the next event starts. If they're not Blacksmiths, why not use them? It doesn't cost anything to run production cycles in them. If you really want to leave them up but not use them, why not try disconnecting them? Will that work? Try it and see.
3. When using all your production buildings, the new update is way, way better and faster. Not only is it intrinsically faster, but it doesn't hang up like the previous methods. Nothing more frustrating than sitting there waiting for either the computer or the server to finally register your cycle selection on a building so you can move to the next one. That had been happening since I first started playing the game 6 years ago, sometimes better, sometimes worse, but always there. With the new method there is no such delay. That is huge.

I get your point. But the extra seconds of zoom gets annoying. I love board games, especially risk, but I don't like wasting my time. If you save 10 seconds each day, it becomes huge the more the time passes. So 10 seconds may not seem big right now, but I don't want to waste 10 extra seconds that I could save each time I try to produce.

KevinP0208

Even paying diamonds wouldn't stop many users. I guess in the long run it would reduce the number who might have otherwise. That makes it a smaller possibility of abuse, but still introduces the ability to abuse with the update.

But some people kind of need the name change. Let's say they don't like their name anymore. People ask the mods, which I think is a waste of THEIR time. Why not do it yourself? That is more time saving. Sure, there could be abuses, overall the namechange seems to be more helpful than negative.