• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

lunasea

I get your point. But the extra seconds of zoom gets annoying. I love board games, especially risk, but I don't like wasting my time. If you save 10 seconds each day, it becomes huge the more the time passes. So 10 seconds may not seem big right now, but I don't want to waste 10 extra seconds that I could save each time I try to produce.
Plus, some people actually find the abrupt ZOOM+ and the actually look of that zoom to be disorienting and hard on the eyes. Seriously. I am glad you like it so maybe they can have it be optional just so you are happy and the rest of us can be happy. Also, maybe the extra mouse action is not annoying to you but it is annoying to others and again it is just another thing for my brain to process in a game and a change that was not necessary but change is difficult for my brain.

Also, as I and others have stated, the way the production scroll works is not how many of us go through our cities and collect production.
Sorry, didn't capture who you were replying to which is whom I also was replying to in replying to you.

KevinP0208

Plus, some people actually find the abrupt ZOOM+ and the actually look of that zoom to be disorienting and hard on the eyes. Seriously. I am glad you like it so maybe they can have it be optional just so you are happy and the rest of us can be happy. Also, maybe the extra mouse action is not annoying to you but it is annoying to others and again it is just another thing for my brain to process in a game and a change that was not necessary but change is difficult for my brain.

Sorry, didn't capture who you were replying to which is whom I also was replying to in replying to you.

You're RIGHT. It disorientates my eyes too... Just make this update an OPTIONS PLEASE MODS!

Raymora

Several thoughts after using the new production building update and reading most of the posts here.
1. It takes between a nanosecond and a millisecond to zoom back out with the mouse wheel. If that bothers you, don't ever try to play a board game.
2. If you have production/multi-production buildings that you don't use except for during events, first of all, why? If they're Blacksmiths, just delete them until the next event starts. If they're not Blacksmiths, why not use them? It doesn't cost anything to run production cycles in them. If you really want to leave them up but not use them, why not try disconnecting them? Will that work? Try it and see.
3. When using all your production buildings, the new update is way, way better and faster. Not only is it intrinsically faster, but it doesn't hang up like the previous methods. Nothing more frustrating than sitting there waiting for either the computer or the server to finally register your cycle selection on a building so you can move to the next one. That had been happening since I first started playing the game 6 years ago, sometimes better, sometimes worse, but always there. With the new method there is no such delay. That is huge.

Ergonomics has been a discipline in application/game development for years now. It's ergonomics that lead to changes like typing the exact number of FPs desired to add to GB rather than clicking the +10 and +1 buttons. The new feature of setting multiple production buildings quickly is an example. Ways to make the user more easily interact with the system. So mentioning that many find part of the change makes it harder to interact is quite valid.

Why was zoom even introduced? I can understand scrolling if the object you interact with is not in view. Typical applications might scroll so it comes in view, but, if it's already in view, scroll and zoom is not adjusted. In fact, Typically only scroll is used and not zoom. These changes are introduced to help the user play. If they have any negative affect, they're not helping.

I think the only reason zoom was added was so the user could better understand what just happened for the first time they use this particular update. Once they realize how it works, it becomes a negative.

Raymora

But some people kind of need the name change. Let's say they don't like their name anymore. People ask the mods, which I think is a waste of THEIR time. Why not do it yourself? That is more time saving. Sure, there could be abuses, overall the namechange seems to be more helpful than negative.

My original post answers that.

How did change name feature make it to production? As I understand new features are vetted for the possibility of player abuse. I can see this being abused and be potentially damaging to guilds and players.

Normally changes are proposed and one of the criteria of the proposal is to discuss the possibility for abuse. It's my understanding and experience here that the possibility for abuse kills proposals, so the question is and was how did this make it to an update?

There have been many beneficial proposals that never saw the light of day due to the possibility of abuse.

Johnny B. Goode

I get your point. But the extra seconds of zoom gets annoying. I love board games, especially risk, but I don't like wasting my time. If you save 10 seconds each day, it becomes huge the more the time passes. So 10 seconds may not seem big right now, but I don't want to waste 10 extra seconds that I could save each time I try to produce.
10 seconds?!? Why on earth would it take 10 seconds to simply zoom out. Even if you factor in re-centering your view, it can't take more than half a second total. What am I missing here? Am I extraordinarily fast at zooming back out, or are you doing it wrong? I am truly puzzled by your reference to it taking 10 seconds. Is your time perception just really bad? Listen, I'm not in love with the zoom, either, but it's at worst a minor annoyance. And the time that is saved with the new method dwarfs the time it takes even the slowest player to zoom out once. I don't even have any city with all that many production buildings and it still saves me time in every city where I use production buildings. I just don't get the level of complaining I'm seeing from such a minor thing.

pieman

Like the new production building jump screen, but why are reindeer paddock and santa's workshop treated separately? The most horrible part of the new update is the zoom to max after using the production buliding screen. The programmer who came up with that fiasco should be fired at once!!!

The new production building jump screen function is really, really AWESOME. Thank you! It's a terrific idea. However, the zoom in at the end is extremely irritating. If we're at a certain zoom level, centered on a specific part of the map, it's very jarring to have the map do an extreme zoom in elsewhere on the map.

lemur

it can't take more than half a second total.

It can easily take at least a full extra second, especially with the need to move the view back to where it was. Now multiply that by dozens of times, if you are collecting pairs of buildings to fulfill supply collection quests (using a Château boost). Now consider the extra delays piling up over days and weeks — pushing your collection time further and further back in the day.
it's at worst a minor annoyance.

First the functional and rapid quest buttons were replaced by a Rube Goldberg swinging-gate thing that balks and freezes when the load gets too high on the overloaded InnoGames servers.

Then extra buttons were added to the recurring quest loop — over the strong objections of users on Beta.

We still have delays from the ridiculous blueprint popup windows (as if a notification for your 987th copy of a Babel blueprint were really so important).

And now we get this ill-conceived system that wreaks havoc with the display during ordinary collections.

Cascading "minor annoyances" add up to major disrespect from the company that manages this game. When screwups like this happen, I always shake my head and wonder why they aren't intercepted on the Beta server.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

It can easily take at least a full extra second, especially with the need to move the view back to where it was. Now multiply that by dozens of times, if you are collecting pairs of buildings to fulfill supply collection quests (using a Château boost). Now consider the extra delays piling up over days and weeks — pushing your collection time further and further back in the day.
This mechanism doesn't affect collecting pairs of buildings. Just wait until you've collected them all and reset them all at once. It's not rocket science. And if you're foolish enough to collect and reset two buildings at a time, for dozens of buildings, you're already wasting several minutes each collection cycle. Collect two, reset two, collect quest reward, cycle through quests, collect two, reset two, collect quest reward, cycle through quests... Dozens of times? From personal experience I know that spamming the production cycle recurring quests takes an enormous amount of time if you've got a lot of buildings. And here you are arguing about the difference between half a second and a full second. You really take the cake sometimes. :rolleyes:

Vger

This mechanism doesn't affect collecting pairs of buildings. Just wait until you've collected them all and reset them all at once. It's not rocket science.
Your collection time slips by quite a bit more each day if you collect them all then reset at the end. Been a while since I did it, but I always did alchemists and clockmakers in pairs. It would likely be slightly faster with this change, were it not for the pan and zoom bug (I'm assuming it's a bug, since it serves no actual purpose that I can see).

s7catshire7

Hi. I'm on the side of disliking this production scroll feature. Please make an opt in/out checkbox for this!!! In some ways it has made operations more tedious. The zoom in & change perspective part is annoying as all heck. Made me feel dizzy or lightheaded or something - not sure how to best describe the effect, but am serious that it was happening. Blegh! Hack! Yuck!

KevinP0208

10 seconds?!? Why on earth would it take 10 seconds to simply zoom out. Even if you factor in re-centering your view, it can't take more than half a second total. What am I missing here? Am I extraordinarily fast at zooming back out, or are you doing it wrong? I am truly puzzled by your reference to it taking 10 seconds. Is your time perception just really bad? Listen, I'm not in love with the zoom, either, but it's at worst a minor annoyance. And the time that is saved with the new method dwarfs the time it takes even the slowest player to zoom out once. I don't even have any city with all that many production buildings and it still saves me time in every city where I use production buildings. I just don't get the level of complaining I'm seeing from such a minor thing.

Ok. I was over exaggertating. But it doesn't take half a second. First, I need to realize that it got zoomed in, which takes ME a few seconds to get used to and realize, THEN I need to unzoom which takes AT LEAST a second. Few seconds is like 5 seconds, so 5 + 1 = 6 seconds. Do I really need to do this simple math to prove it doesn't take a millisecond? Since there are many complaints, why not try to make everyone happy instead of trying to argue their complaints? Just make a simple button to toggle it ON and OFF.