• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

Johnny B. Goode

Ok. I was over exaggertating. But it doesn't take half a second. First, I need to realize that it got zoomed in, which takes ME a few seconds to get used to and realize, THEN I need to unzoom which takes AT LEAST a second. Few seconds is like 5 seconds, so 5 + 1 = 6 seconds. Do I really need to do this simple math to prove it doesn't take a millisecond? Since there are many complaints, why not try to make everyone happy instead of trying to argue their complaints? Just make a simple button to toggle it ON and OFF.
So let me get this straight. It takes you 5 seconds each time to realize that it got zoomed in? And it takes you a full second to "unzoom"? After the first time (which I already was prepared for due to reading this thread) it literally takes me a split second to zoom back out. I guess that just means I'm 5 1/2 seconds ahead of you every day.

I don't actually care whether the zoom is there or not. I just think that the amount of outrage about it is way out of proportion. But please, carry on whining. Just remember, repeatedly posting about this minor inconvenience takes much longer than the alleged 6 seconds spent on the inconvenience itself.

KevinP0208

So let me get this straight. It takes you 5 seconds each time to realize that it got zoomed in? And it takes you a full second to "unzoom"? After the first time (which I already was prepared for due to reading this thread) it literally takes me a split second to zoom back out. I guess that just means I'm 5 1/2 seconds ahead of you every day.

I don't actually care whether the zoom is there or not. I just think that the amount of outrage about it is way out of proportion. But please, carry on whining. Just remember, repeatedly posting about this minor inconvenience takes much longer than the alleged 6 seconds spent on the inconvenience itself.

I'm not here to be whining about the zoom. MANY are finding it annoying, while others LOVE it. If there are 2 completely different sides, are you only going to make one side happy? Or are you going to try to support EVERYONE and try to make EVERYONE happy? What I'm respectfully suggesting is to make a button to toggle it on and off. Many find it annoying and time consuming. Let's go with your way with it taking half a second. 1/2 x 365 is 182.5 seconds or 3 minutes of my lifetime spent on something that could be saved. These updates are supposed to be HELPFUL. And to be honest, they can. But on a regular basis it gets annoying, so if people are not liking it, is it helpful?

KevinP0208

I'm now sure that Inno is aware that this wasn't a popular update. I hope they will make changes to it, but me, I'm not going to go on wasting my time. They got the message, and my job here is done.

MJ Artisan of War

Love Love Love this new auto-zoom feature every time you try to set production!
Hope the Inno Gods make the game so that every single mouse click causes auto zoom.
Maybe they could also make it possible to change your name every single day instead of only every six months.
Maybe they will even add a sarcasm font to these forums...

Inno games has given us something very useful with the scrolling production setting option, but for this it seems we all must pay the penalty of being forced to zoom in on a building, then having to manually reset the zoom back to where it was before using the new feature.

I find this extremely annoying, and can't imagine why someone in the design team would have thought it a desirable feature.

centaurgod

The whole collect, set new timers thing is a total mess-up. Example. Say I have 20 production buildings. In the morning 15 of the 20 have been completed with 5 still having not finished. If I collect 5 buildings then click 1 of those 5 that need a new timer, why does it bail out after sometimes 1 or 2 or 4 and zoom me to a building that is still in production mode. Why not stay in the timer screen and let me set a new timer on the 5 I collected from. Other times after setting some but not all of those 5 I get bailed out and zoomed to an uncollected building. In either of these cases I have to zoom back out, scroll back to the building that still need timers and start over again. I opened a ticket with support but they sent me a 'canned' response that is is by design. Was this not tested before being released on the masses?

Xcynda

If I wanted to zoom I would zoom -- I don't need that done automatically. I play on PCs, for a mouse with a wheel, the unzoom is easy. Trackpads don't always operate well for zoom/unzoom over the city (perhaps that's my fingers or pads, but sometimes have to scroll to the grass to make the swipe/finger zoom work. So, I'd prefer not to have the zoom when I don't want it. I would prefer the zoom and the scroll through your production/goods buildings be preferences/options that the player can enable or disable.

BruteForceAttack

It would be nice if the zoom goes away...but the update is good...not sure why inno decided to zoom...maybe for folks to see if something got missed ...hmm not sure.

But really good time saving feature...ty inno.

Also ppl.....yeah move along...

KevinP0208

Finally, someone who is sane. I am in utter disbelief at how many people created forum accounts just to whine about some tiny inconvenience.
As I mentioned above, my job is done. I proved my point like everyone else here. Does proving our point that we don't like it make us insane? Everyone has a right to talk about our beliefs and opinions. I get it that some people wrote it in a more disrespectful manner (whiny manner) than others, but we still can prove our point. That doesn't make us insane, but instead, it makes us human. You said your opinion that you like this update and that you don't really care about zoom, but think about people with trackpads instead of mice. For you it may seem as a tiny, but to others (especially trackpads) it may be more major. What we are all lacking here is to empathize. When in a debate, we need to be able to understand other's feelings, so that we can actually argue about it. Calling us insane doesn't technically does that. All we're asking for is to make a button for toggling. Nothing crazy about that. Right? Now about that whining thing. Sorry if it felt to you as whining, since it wasn't meant that way. It was only a suggestion, and now we get it that Inno is aware. I'm sure others will also stop complaining now that there is no point in complaining anymore... The sole purpose was to get Inno aware that some don't like the update.

DevaCat

Thanks Inno, the new supplies production reset feature is very much appreciated by this player.

As pointed out by @Stephen Longshanks , using the feature seems to eliminate the time sink of waiting for the game to register a users action. This is huge. I can't tell you how many times I have reset a production, moved on to another area of the city for another action, and returned only to discover that the production had not been reset and the building had in fact been sitting idle.

As I am playing on a phone (fat fingers/tiny screen) and use the CF to do RQs during city collections, I have a large number of supply buildings of differing types. Resetting productions by cycling through windows avoids the inevitable blunder-tap which screws at least one RQ production for the day. That's nice.

I haven't experienced the random cycling of building types some are reporting. So far, for example if I begin the process with Brewers it cycles through all of them, moves to Coopers and when those are done moves on to Blacksmiths. While I typically collect in pairs (for RQs) I generally wait to reset productions in batches, so if someone collects/resets piecemeal the experience might be different.

Auto scroll. If talking about the view jumping from building to building, I'm not having issues with it as on my phone the set-production window covers most of the city window. Might be nice to make the production window user sizeable so that those with nausea could enlarge it to hide the motions?

Auto zoom. Please. Fire the employee who thinks a player's zoom should be adjusted by fiat and that the view should be nose-in-the-dirt extreme zoom in. Leave my zoom alone! While you're at it, how about adding more zoom-out ability to the city view (similar to that of the Viking settlement)?

Zatrikon

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If I don't ask for my screen to be zoomed or re-centered, then don't zoom it or re-center it. Is that a difficult concept to understand?

And why would anyone want to zoom in on the building that you just set production in? When I do laundry, I put my clothes in the machine, start it, and then WALK AWAY. I don't stand there staring at the machine. I have other things to do.

And this idiotic "feature" affects not only production buildings, but goods buildings also (on a separate cycle, and another zoom). And it also affects goods buildings and currency buildings in the Cultural Settlements. And it also affects goods buildings in the Asteroid Colony (and presumably the Mars Colony as well).

Taz..

Hi. I'm on the side of disliking this production scroll feature. Please make an opt in/out checkbox for this!!! In some ways it has made operations more tedious. The zoom in & change perspective part is annoying as all heck. Made me feel dizzy or lightheaded or something - not sure how to best describe the effect, but am serious that it was happening. Blegh! Hack! Yuck!
I have to agree with this sentiment. I'd like to be able to opt out of both the scroll and zoom feature.