• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.199

Lothar123

Yes, I believe they're in SAAB. So instead of "Spend 99 Forge Points" it's something like "Defeat this Army".
The SAAB fighting RQs are "Defeat 40 units" and "Win 12 battles without losing."

Also two others that call for you to defeat "this [large or whatever] army" and one calling for you to win 20 battles, but all three of which also require you to perform certain non-fighting tasks.

Robbenn

160 fights in 5 minutes is a fight every 2 seconds. Impressive. Did you use a stopwatch?

Do you think one of them could do that 50 times in a day?

16,000 Fights in one day is the equivalent of singlehandedly taking 200 GvG Sectors or 100 GBG Provinces. In one day. While this one player is doing that, what would the rest of their 70 player Guild be doing?

It's not GBG or GvG, it's spamming the fighting RQ thousands of times per day.

Which is what prompted this 'delay RQ fix'.

----------

Dear INNO,

Instead of delaying all RQs for all players maybe try something radical?

Maybe something crazy like getting rid of the fighting RQs?

kthnxbai, QuitShootingYourselfInTheFoot

You forget about the 2-wave battles counting as 2 separate fights in global ranking. I don't know how many 2-wave battles you're supposed to get in GBG, but I would say at least 30-40% is a good bet. It's probably different for each era. So 16,000 counted fights in GBG is not actually 16k hits. Also, both fighting RQs in SAAB are 2-wave battles. It's still a crazy number to pull, but slightly less crazy if you're aware of this mechanic.

Johnny B. Goode

You forget about the 2-wave battles counting as 2 separate fights in global ranking. I don't know how many 2-wave battles you're supposed to get in GBG, but I would say at least 30-40% is a good bet. It's probably different for each era. So 16,000 counted fights in GBG is not actually 16k hits. Also, both fighting RQs in SAAB are 2-wave battles. It's still a crazy number to pull, but slightly less crazy if you're aware of this mechanic.
Even if every one of the 16,000 counted fights is a two wave battle, that is still one two wave battle (both waves) defeated every 10 seconds for 24 straight hours.
60 seconds x 60 minutes = 3600 seconds/hour
3600 seconds/hour x 24 hours = 86,400 seconds/24 hours
86,400 seconds/8000 two wave battles = 10.8 seconds for every two wave battle. For 24 hours. No breaks. Can't be done without cheating. Period.

ray13460

Look, we spend enough time on here aiding, clicking this and that. I don't even cycle quests, but you are really starting to piss people off making crap like aborting a quest take twice as long. I am already to the point of telling you to shove this game where the sun don't shine prior to this with your event unoriginality, boring combat, and overall lack of new ideas. Many of us are paying customers and you need to produce a product that doesn't suck. Making it worse is just plain stupid.

hajiboy

Inno won't share why they introduced the delay when cycling through the RQ loop. If it was because players were using bots and they think this will dissuade them from it, it's just about the worst brainless solution yet. Players with bots will simply introduce a slightly longer delay into the cycle. Bots don't care. However, the players that have worked on their city's for years and structured their cities and their gameplay around recurring quests have been betrayed by this unfriendly user interface change.

If the main problem is that players in a higher age (is it SAAB? I don't know, I am not there) are raking up points too quickly, why not just get rid of the quest that allows them to do so?

Perhaps, Inno has other reasons why they introduced this annoying delay, but unless they share we won't be able to decide for ourselves whether the reasons have merit. That's probably why they are not sharing - their reasons might make them look really amateurish.

Algona

You forget about the 2-wave battles counting as 2 separate fights in global ranking.

They do? File this in the learn something new category.

I never thought to look because a 2 wave fight does not count as 2 battles for fulfilling Quests requiring a player to win X Battles.

Odd that INNO would count a 2 wave battle in different ways.

Last edited:

Stay Rita

Perhaps the aim of slowing the play of RQ's has nothing to do with cheating.
Maybe the goal is to drive players off of PC play and into mobile. Perhaps Inno finds mobile more profitable?
This is yet another push to migrate all players to mobile...

You get more diamond per dollars on PC tho

Emberguard

They do? File this in the learn something new category.
Yep. They do.

Odd that INNO would count a 2 wave battle in different ways.
Originally both waves used to give ranking points and both waves were counted as a seperate battle.

Players started abusing the Campaign Map by aborting the second wave to have unlimited battles. So back in (I think) 2014 Inno removed Ranking Points for Wave 1 and doubled ranking points for Wave 2 as a way to counter that abuse. But they kept both waves counting as a individual battle for global ranking

However, when they added Achievements the Victory! Badge counts 2 wave battles as a single battle. So even if you have a 100% win rate the entire game you’ll have a different number for Victory! in your town hall from what you get in Global Ranking due to how Global Ranking counts 2 wave battles.

Volodya

On the off chance that numbers mean anything at all, add me to the long list of players unhappy with the RQ abort slowdown. No, I don't expect to quit in a huff and delete my city, but this makes playing sufficiently unfun that if it persists I'll step way way back; not really "play" at all anymore, maybe log-on once a week or so just to say hi to my friends.

Fonnyil

All i can say is Inno must have an award winning UX team for this sort of change to make it through beta, where there were large amounts of complaints, through to live.
Well done UX team, you're awesome for pointing out to your bosses that this sort of change will be welcomed, rather than trying to fix the mass RQ abuse a different way. /sarcasm off

PackCat

The delay action in Questline is entirely wrong, it is done at the front end, which means you do not know if you miss-clicked the abort button or it is in delay.

It should come after the click action, so you know it accepted the abort request.
(Abort button in click-down mode)

I was getting 20-30 quests a day.
Everyday is good for (12)4-hour, (10)40-units depending on GBG in season, (4)150 FP, (2)24-hour, (3)4-incidents, (2) coins/supplies, etc...

Tony 85 the Generous

If the delay has been added because of some SAAB age players using bots or a macro to flip and repeatedly complete the defeat army RQ, what effect will the delay actually have? The only effects I can see is that those users will need to reprogram their bot/macro and will now reduce the number of times the quest can be completed in a day. Is there another effect I am missing (besides annoying the players in the other 17 ages that do not have that RQ)?

All i can say is Inno must have an award winning UX team for this sort of change to make it through beta, where there were large amounts of complaints, through to live.
Well done UX team, you're awesome for pointing out to your bosses that this sort of change will be welcomed, rather than trying to fix the mass RQ abuse a different way. /sarcasm off
Sometimes the UX team informs the bosses that it's going to be hated by almost everyone and the bosses tell them to do it anyway. Been there, done that. :(

iPenguinPat

The ghost nerf to questing is really bad for the game and should be reverted. It's not going to stop the primary abusers (macro/bot users), but manual players are already finding this to be too slow to tolerate.

The solution for macro/bot questline abuse is to catch bot users, not punish legit players. Inno needs to implement click tracking/logging and look for obvious bot behavior (inhuman delay between clicks, clicking the same pixel with inhuman frequency, moving from point to point without dragging the mouse cursor, etc.). The solution is already out there; inno just needs to allocate the resources to fix it (in stead of wasting time on things that players do not want like the pvp arena).

This questing delay doesn't fix anything at all. It just widens the gap between players that cheat and players that play fair. At a minimum, please revert the abort timing back to normal.

Tony 85 the Generous

The ghost nerf to questing is really bad for the game and should be reverted. It's not going to stop the primary abusers (macro/bot users), but manual players are already finding this to be too slow to tolerate.

The solution for macro/bot questline abuse is to catch bot users, not punish legit players. Inno needs to implement click tracking/logging and look for obvious bot behavior (inhuman delay between clicks, clicking the same pixel with inhuman frequency, moving from point to point without dragging the mouse cursor, etc.). The solution is already out there; inno just needs to allocate the resources to fix it (in stead of wasting time on things that players do not want like the pvp arena).

This questing delay doesn't fix anything at all. It just widens the gap between players that cheat and players that play fair. At a minimum, please revert the abort timing back to normal.
Or if there is no other quest causing the issue, remove the quest. As a programmer I always look to fix the problem at its source and not to put a bandaid on it. Point in fact, there would be far fewer players upset removing the [troublesome] quest than adding the delay.

Johnny B. Goode

Everybody is assuming that this change was to slow down cheaters. Maybe, just maybe, it was to slow down players from solely relying on RQs. You know, this used to be a fairly well balanced game. Then the Arc virus and RQ bug hit. Then rapid power creep hit the event buildings. This is no longer a city building game or a fighting game. I'm not sure what exactly it is now. Whether someone is using bots to cheat or playing the RQ/Arc cards to amass tons of resources, there's no art or strategy to the game anymore.

Incidentally, I find it tremendously ironic to hear people talk about quitting the game over this, especially some long time Forum regulars who, in the past, have ridiculed players for playing the "I'm gonna quit" card.

Volodya

Everybody is assuming that this change was to slow down cheaters. Maybe, just maybe, it was to slow down players from solely relying on RQs. You know, this used to be a fairly well balanced game. Then the Arc virus and RQ bug hit. Then rapid power creep hit the event buildings. This is no longer a city building game or a fighting game. I'm not sure what exactly it is now. Whether someone is using bots to cheat or playing the RQ/Arc cards to amass tons of resources, there's no art or strategy to the game anymore.

Incidentally, I find it tremendously ironic to hear people talk about quitting the game over this, especially some long time Forum regulars who, in the past, have ridiculed players for playing the "I'm gonna quit" card.
Speaking only for myself obviously, I've spent a fair amount of time and resources raising my Chateau to level 88; not nearly as high as some, but decent. I'm pretty sure I didn't do that for the increased coins reward. This "secret" nerf is a bait and switch.

There are already tedious chores I do which I don't complain about--daily aiding for instance--but one more exercise in tedium may well be a bridge too far. As I said upthread, I don't expect to quit altogether, but my estimate of once a week logins may have been generous. It'll probably be more like once a month if this persists. I only play one city; I can't even imagine enduring this in multiple cities, day after day after endless day.

Games are supposed to be fun.

Last edited: