• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.257

xivarmy

...why wouldn't you know what you're looking for in your own inventory? o_O Now it really sounds more like a player problem than a dev problem, if players apparently can't keep track of their own things. If I'm opening my inventory, I know exactly why I'm doing it because I know what I'm looking for because it's my inventory. This isn't like browsing a shop where I'm deciding if or what to buy. I'm looking at stuff I already own. No surprises or mysteries here. I do indeed have a bunch of stuff in there that I'll probably never use, but it's also really not a big deal to just manually ignore it and use the stuff I want.

The search works just fine, under the above assumption that you actually know what you're looking for in your own inventory. If you don't, is that really a problem that Inno needs to solve? This kinda just sounds more like whining to me over frivolous stuff that doesn't really matter. And yes, I'm aware of the irony. I just don't like the idea of the devs wasting time on said frivolous stuff in an attempt to satisfy a minority of players who in all likelihood will never actually be satisfied. I mean, when even a bonus day for an event is received with contempt, that says more about these players than I ever could.
I often have 40+ pages of things on my worlds of interest - gathered over years - do you really think I know *exactly* what I have in all of them? Do I know what I gathered from the last event? Probably. But just because something was from a few events ago and I've forgotten it because it wasn't important enough to fit in immediately doesn't mean I don't care about it now potentially when I'm remodeling my city and it's easier to fit in different things.

It's a basic function of an inventory display to be browsable. I don't want a black hole where I occasionally go to ask it "do I have X?" "how about Y?".

Johnny B. Goode

...why wouldn't you know what you're looking for in your own inventory? o_O Now it really sounds more like a player problem than a dev problem, if players apparently can't keep track of their own things. If I'm opening my inventory, I know exactly why I'm doing it because I know what I'm looking for because it's my inventory. This isn't like browsing a shop where I'm deciding if or what to buy. I'm looking at stuff I already own. No surprises or mysteries here. I do indeed have a bunch of stuff in there that I'll probably never use, but it's also really not a big deal to just manually ignore it and use the stuff I want.

The search works just fine, under the above assumption that you actually know what you're looking for in your own inventory. If you don't, is that really a problem that Inno needs to solve? This kinda just sounds more like whining to me over frivolous stuff that doesn't really matter. And yes, I'm aware of the irony. I just don't like the idea of the devs wasting time on said frivolous stuff in an attempt to satisfy a minority of players who in all likelihood will never actually be satisfied. I mean, when even a bonus day for an event is received with contempt, that says more about these players than I ever could.
LOL. If you know exactly what you're looking for, then you should know exactly where it is. Nice try, but you fail with this point.

qaccy

I often have 40+ pages of things on my worlds of interest - gathered over years - do you really think I know *exactly* what I have in all of them? Do I know what I gathered from the last event? Probably. But just because something was from a few events ago and I've forgotten it because it wasn't important enough to fit in immediately doesn't mean I don't care about it now potentially when I'm remodeling my city and it's easier to fit in different things.

It's a basic function of an inventory display to be browsable. I don't want a black hole where I occasionally go to ask it "do I have X?" "how about Y?".
And...the option to browse it is still there. The main inventory view is going to show everything in your inventory. You can browse it if you want, and it'll eventually get cluttered no matter what unless you're proactive in keeping it relatively clear. But hoarding usually prevails, so it seems inevitable for a lot of players who stick around for a long time. If you don't want a 'black hole', then start selling more stuff at the AD or just deleting it! You're unlikely to ever actually use every single thing you have in your inventory, and new stuff is almost constantly going into it. Gotta do what you can to stem the tide if having a large inventory is or becomes a problem for you.

LOL. If you know exactly what you're looking for, then you should know exactly where it is. Nice try, but you fail with this point.
I do know exactly where it is, because the search bar brings it up for me. :cool: Imagine that, having a tool and making use of it! Instead of insisting that the devs implement even more abstract ways to work around a problem that's already been solved.

xivarmy

And...the option to browse it is still there. The main inventory view is going to show everything in your inventory. You can browse it if you want, and it'll eventually get cluttered no matter what unless you're proactive in keeping it relatively clear. But hoarding usually prevails, so it seems inevitable for a lot of players who stick around for a long time. If you don't want a 'black hole', then start selling more stuff at the AD or just deleting it! You're unlikely to ever actually use every single thing you have in your inventory, and new stuff is almost constantly going into it. Gotta do what you can to stem the tide if having a large inventory is or becomes a problem for you.
It's not been a problem for me. It doesn't mean it can't be better. Fragments have not been a huge problem *yet* - more of a mild annoyance (your suggestion to go around deleting things - a major annoyance!), but being as they *are* using them more and more for more and more obscure things, appropriate tools to minimize their disruption make sense.

If the *devs* think that the work required is not worthwhile, that's their call. It's not the community's job to gatekeep the devs use of time. We can't even know what kind of time it'd take to add a filter to the main inventory. It might be 5 lines of code and forum denizens have spent more time arguing over it than it'd take to implement. It might be a spaghetti-code-induced-nightmare.

All we can say is what we think would be nice. It would make it a more polished application to have fragments treated differently from items in inventory in a streamlined manner where incomplete-possibly-abandoned-fragment-sets are not taking up space in the usable items window - particularly as those fragments proliferate (and all indications are that they're only going to be released faster and for more obscure things).

Johnny B. Goode

I do know exactly where it is, because the search bar brings it up for me. :cool: Imagine that, having a tool and making use of it! Instead of insisting that the devs implement even more abstract ways to work around a problem that's already been solved.
LOL. "even more abstract ways?" "problem that's already been solved?" No, dude, the problem hasn't been solved. And simply removing the fragments from the main inventory window isn't an "abstract way" (I don't think that word means what you think it means), it's a very concrete way to solve the problem. As would be simply moving fragments to the back end of the main inventory instead of at the front. Imagine that, a simple, concrete way to make everybody happy. And since the placement of fragments isn't a problem for you, neither solution would affect you in the least.

UBERhelp1

Why not, instead of different tabs, just having a filter where you can choose between:
- Upgrades
- Boosts
- Fragments
- Buildings

That way you can customize your inventory however you want :)

xivarmy

Why not, instead of different tabs, just having a filter where you can choose between:
- Upgrades
- Boosts
- Fragments
- Buildings

That way you can customize your inventory however you want :)
Apparently that's already how mobile works in a rough manner so it would also help unify the interfaces. Just a matter of mobile's current checkbox filters not dividing things up in the most useful manner. (buildings and consumables currently - where we might prefer kits and fragments split out into their own categories (or kits lumped in with buildings instead) rather than both lumped in with consumables which currently appears to be the organization)

You still have a major problem with the ad system on mobile. Not that the ads exist - I'm more than willing to watch a few ads if that will get Inno some revenue. But more often than not, the ads don't run. I get a message saying there are no ads available at the moment, or that there is an ad already running. Frequently an ad will launch then fail partway through, resulting in the above messages. Please fix this!

You still have a major problem with the ad system on mobile. Not that the ads exist - I'm more than willing to watch a few ads if that will get Inno some revenue. But more often than not, the ads don't run. I get a message saying there are no ads available at the moment, or that there is an ad already running. Frequently an ad will launch then fail partway through, resulting in the above messages. Please fix this!
As an addition to the above, I have had a few experiences with an ad freezing. Problem is it's not just the ad that freezes, but the entire game. I cannot eve switch out of the game to something else. I have to reboot my tablet. That is really frustrating.

Orius Maximus

Well, while they moved fragments to a new tab, the whole inventory is now a jumble. The old way had an organization scheme that at least made sense. Now I can't find anything. It doesn't help that new stuff isn't at the top anymore either.

As for bad ads, that a problem with the ads themselves. Inno can't really do much about that beyond optimizing their code. It's just that the ad service they use probably needs better standards for the ads they provide.

LoveNkind

LOL. "even more abstract ways?" "problem that's already been solved?" No, dude, the problem hasn't been solved. And simply removing the fragments from the main inventory window isn't an "abstract way" (I don't think that word means what you think it means), it's a very concrete way to solve the problem. As would be simply moving fragments to the back end of the main inventory instead of at the front. Imagine that, a simple, concrete way to make everybody happy. And since the placement of fragments isn't a problem for you, neither solution would affect you in the least.
It is possible to search inventory from back to front. There is a double arrow that takes you to the end of inventory. I do that a lot when the kinds of things I am looking for tend to be toward the end. This might help you. But your idea of a fragments section as separate as the goods section is the best.

It IS possible to search your inventory without the ugly blue intrusions. Search all the buildings and then all the consumable items. That will be everything but fragments.