• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FORGE BOWL

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser31825

looks like fun - hopefully there will be originality in the quests other than spending XX forge points every day or it's nothing more than an extension of the last 6 events that have been held

DeletedUser29646

Event looks neat, too bad its gonna be impossible to get the item you want being the average % 10%. even at 20% chance in the fall event took me 15 attempts to get the prize, now being 10% average will take probably 30 attempts... ill start crossing my fingers now maybe i will get good luck.

DeletedUser5111

Terrible event. Have to get lucky to get the cheaper of the 2 8-9 yard options ( 150 footballs vs 210 that does the exact same progress ). I wound up having to spend 2k diamonds just to get enough yardage to have enough upgrades to get the pillar to 7 on Beta.

Jools1956

Maybe a little luck involved? My pillar upgraded to level 6 on beta without any diamonds, just playing the game. It's a pretty good building for the footprint. And upgrades without taking more space. A nice payout for a 3x3 IMO.

DeletedUser29623

I find the description of the event fairly hard to understand, but maybe it will become clear when I can actually see it in action. My only question is: What is the best strategy to get a pillar at the highest possible level?

Jools1956

I find the description of the event fairly hard to understand, but maybe it will become clear when I can actually see it in action. My only question is: What is the best strategy to get a pillar at the highest possible level?
The game is definitely different. I'm not sure there really is a strategy, I didn't find one. Perhaps another player can answer that question better than I. I just waited to use my "footballs" when the pillar came up (like any other event) and got lucky I think.

DeletedUser3485

It'll be another event where people that spend money on the game buy all the items they want of the special items to boost things like attack %, like the Halmbock in the Winter Event. Couldn't even win one and players have bought 8-10 of them. I guess that makes them not really special items then. lol
SSDD ( same stuff different day) for another Inno event.

Freshmeboy

Off the top of my head I think the strat will be short yardage= good prize versus long yardage=crappy prize/more upgrades...Regardless, this building is one of a kind, one I didn't think would show.....3 fps in 9 tiles of space. I'll take ten of those thank you very much...

Freshmeboy

So this event will be in line with the Super Bowl...and it uses American footballs to advance yardage for a touchdown...Yay...! But it seems to be played on a pitch according to the announcement...Seems a bit o' futball will be played as well...

DeletedUser31397

Graphics look cool. Per beta, have to really lucky to get all the upgrades or spend diamonds.

From the numbers I got from beta, I heard they was close to 3500 footballs for the event and to get all upgrades for pillar of heroes you will need to score 7 touchdowns (350 yards). This means every 10 footballs will have to be valued as 1 yard. However, none of the options I saw on beta had good rates close to 10 footballs per 1 yard so it is most likely a guaranteed you will need to spend diamonds to get all the upgrades you need.

That or you can also win upgrades as daily prizes

*Arturis*

If Wnner Plaza give 10% like Checkmate or Speaker Corner, I will do the event quests to get it, but it only give 6%, then I just skip it.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Winners'_Plaza
As the endgame user and been in this game for a long time, most of the event gives out not too worthy prize and more of the same. But, hey we finally can have a break from all the Historic Event popping up every other week.

DeletedUser31440

From the numbers I got from beta, I heard they was close to 3500 footballs for the event and to get all upgrades for pillar of heroes you will need to score 7 touchdowns (350 yards). This means every 10 footballs will have to be valued as 1 yard. However, none of the options I saw on beta had good rates close to 10 footballs per 1 yard so it is most likely a guaranteed you will need to spend diamonds to get all the upgrades you need.

That or you can also win upgrades as daily prizes

Found this on the wikia page:
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Forge_Bowl_Event
"Touchdown rewards are endless. You can win unlimited amounts of them, if you buy enough diamonds for that, of course. However, without diamonds you are guaranteed to win not more than 3 touchdown rewards. So you will get 2 Upgrades from them and a Shrine of Knowledge. Together with 2 Upgrades you will get via quests, you can get your Pillar of Heroes to the level 5. If you want to get it to the level 7, you will need to save your footballs till the Upgrade appears in the Daily Specials. Please note that it may take you up to 2000 to get one daily special in the worst case. And you can only get 3525 through quests without spending diamonds on buying them."

DeletedUser31498

Found this on the wikia page:
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Forge_Bowl_Event
"Touchdown rewards are endless. You can win unlimited amounts of them, if you buy enough diamonds for that, of course. However, without diamonds you are guaranteed to win not more than 3 touchdown rewards. So you will get 2 Upgrades from them and a Shrine of Knowledge. Together with 2 Upgrades you will get via quests, you can get your Pillar of Heroes to the level 5. If you want to get it to the level 7, you will need to save your footballs till the Upgrade appears in the Daily Specials. Please note that it may take you up to 2000 to get one daily special in the worst case. And you can only get 3525 through quests without spending diamonds on buying them."

Right I read that, but makes no sense. The worst case of 2k footballs? everything is like 10%, I don't see how your guaranteed to ever win one, though obviously on average it takes way less than 2k.