• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forgoing Frontenac

DeletedUser25166

The earlier the better. Then you can reap rewards.
90% of the stuff you posted in first thread is inferior to Château.

DeletedUser31540

Could you use the extra space by not needing to build goods buildings

https://ibb.co/fzwbeb

I do have quite a bit of non-essential buildings i can tear down... 6 ropery, 1 glass blower, 6 town house, 2 tribal square would be the first things to go ... cape is gonna go right at the bottom right of the screen under DT once i get my next expansion... im almost halfway to either kraken or AM and i was gonna tear down these unnecessary buildings once i have all the OF goods i need

*Arturis*

Back in the days around 2 years ago, when everyone level their CDM/Traz like mad for ranking points, one day I went to check out the reward for the event in Thailand server and notice all their top ranking GB is CF, what got me wonder why it was the case, I then drop my cdm leveling and start focus on CF, I loved it every since especially when you have to produce the 2nd goods from raw goods from at the later ages. By the time the Arc came out, I already had a decent CF, but finding bp for it is such a task cuz most of the CF in my world parked at level 10 and only a handful getting it pass that. https://prnt.sc/9qi4me

DeletedUser31440

If you get rid of the ropery and glass blower you'll free up about 2800 population, get rid of the houses storing them and the happiness needed for them and you've just freed up alot of space.

BruteForceAttack

yes i shouldnt have been rude... im sorry @LacLongQuan :/

Here is a question for you all --- is CF still worth it if you dont produce supplies from production buildings??? All my production buildings produce fps and not supplies... i thought Heavy Questing was a supply building oriented strategy.

With CF and some time, you can do away with the production buildings. Use Arc + CF, donate fps to other buildings, do only donate fp, coin and maybe once in a while ubday quests.

*Arturis*

With CF and some time, you can do away with the production buildings. Use Arc + CF, donate fps to other buildings, do only donate fp, coin and maybe once in a while ubday quests.
Arc+CF= lots of goodies coming your way;) Once your CF pass level 50 (could be less if you do lots of quests), you will no longer need to produce coin/supply and have plenty spare of them to do whatever you want.(tempted to insert a screenshot of my coin/supply, but decided not to cuz it might offend someone:p)

Last edited:

DeletedUser27184

CF, as was noted above, is mostly for the goods. It can free all your current goods building away. Allowing you to turn the space into more FP buildings. And leveling GB's even faster. This is important in any age. But....
For a parking city, the CF is especially important in the lower ages, as the space demands there are quite hard. If you start to farm GE up to 4 (and I hope you do), you will soon (within months of parking) start to feel the pressure of a hot Terraces buildings in your inventory, and not able to use them in the city due to space consideration.
Hmmm... CF is really important in higher eras too (as CF produces refined goods).
Well, CF is just pure awesome.
About HQS - HQS is not about supply build city. Its about reaching the maximum possible number of recurring quests per day. As to make the quests (enhanced by CF) produce insane number of goods. All the supply buildings are for the supply recurring quests (not for more supply, as it will reach the millions quite fast).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27184

I found it odd that PE had given you the best 2 GB: CF/Traz for your space problem
True. Weird stuff.
Hmmm - don't you think that SMB does reduce even more space, at cities with their GB's lower then 20 (which are most cities at the first year or two)?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31540

If you get rid of the ropery and glass blower you'll free up about 2800 population, get rid of the houses storing them and the happiness needed for them and you've just freed up alot of space.

i dont have to worry about population or happiness ... i have 5000 extra happiness and am about to lv my IT to lv 4 giving me another 1200 pop. The only 2 happiness things i have are those 2 bushes which are there for aesthetics ... i had victory towers but they looked too ugly so i tore them down :) ... The houses in my city are mainly there for coins... a townhouse gives me 7500 gold every 24 hours with all the boosts ive got and the mansions twice that if im able to collect every 4 hours.

I am in the process of getting my goods squared away (400 of each from bronze - Industrial) and as i get closer and closer i will start removing the goods buildings.

ive been playing around with my city on the city building tool and i found a good spot for the Chat ... i'll be building it after Cape!

Thanks for everyone who replied... sorry that i was a miserable opinionated twat ;)

Salsuero

Here is a question for you all --- is CF still worth it if you dont produce supplies from production buildings??? All my production buildings produce fps and not supplies... i thought Heavy Questing was a supply building oriented strategy.

It can, but you'd need to supplement with spend fp's RQ and have to spend a lot of them daily to make up the loss of not producing supplies. It's possible, just not recommended.

I disagree. You can do whatever you want with recurring quests. You don't need to do supply-related ones if you don't want to. I have many more coin producing buildings than supply ones... never have a problem enjoying my rewards. That's what makes the "abort" button so awesome!

DeletedUser31440

I disagree. You can do whatever you want with recurring quests. You don't need to do supply-related ones if you don't want to. I have many more coin producing buildings than supply ones... never have a problem enjoying my rewards. That's what makes the "abort" button so awesome!

Good point, I never thought of using housing just for RQ's, not efficient for me figured that held through rest of the ages/eras, I've got a lvl 10 SMB and it takes 10 motivated townhouses to complete the gather. If it works, go with it though, goes to show some of the flexibility you get with the Chateau.

DeletedUser31540

LOL -- now there's a GB everyone seems to think I need... that I don't plan on building! ;)
Yea when i built mine i had 45 houses and it was awesome... 45 houses is actually too many i think around 25 is perfect as you pretty much hit 90 coin collections per day to maximize the efficiency of the building

Now im down to 8 houses and i make use of about 50/90 collections a day. I think its still great as im constantly running low on coins cause i buy fps all the time (53k a pop) but im not as enamored with it as i used to be... if it had a smaller footprint it would be a must have building but as it is i believe it is very much an optional one

Darkbox

If you look at the top 10 of the US server 40% of it is CF, must have GB, the sooner you build it the better.
http://prntscr.com/hm4fju

... Personally, I would rank the CF as the #2 GB, only after the Arc, so I wouldn't have built half the stuff you did before the CF. But everyone plays the game differently :)
And fun fact- the CF occurs on the all time top-10 GB list more than the Arc. So it is important. But with the way you have your city, I would probably wait on it...

Shhhh, stop saying that :p. Some people will start whining about it being "overpowered" :rolleyes::D