• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fort Knox GB proposal

DeletedUser27392

I often read people who complain about being plundered and want something to stop the plunders. I have read people who want booby traps or people who want a bg that would stop all plunders. The plunders of course throw a fit. Is a plunder I understand. Plundering is part of the game and we are likely to resist all attempts to stop us from plundering but here me out.

Fort Knox would be a very powerful gb and is such would be VF or what ever latest age in game at its creation is. It would need to be both expensive to make and level

Level 1
When any building is plundered the ammount stolen is decreased by 10%
Example (8 goods-10%=7 goods to plunder and 1 auto added to your inventory building is left in plundered status)
Level 2 plunder decreased by 10% and earn 1 fp it's a bank after all
Level 3 plunder decreased by 12% and earn 1 fp
Level 4 plunder decreased by 12% and earn 2 fp
Level 5 plunder decreased by 14% and earn 2 fp
Level 5 plunder decreased by 14% and earn 3 fp
Level 6 plunder decreased by 16% and earn 3 fp
Level 7 plunder decreased by 16% and earn 4 fp
Level 8 plunder decreased by 18% and earn 4 fp
Level 9 plunder decreased by 18% and earn 5 fp
Level 10 plunder decreased by 20% and earn 5 fp

From this point forward fp continues to go up by 1 percent every other level but plunder decrease also only goes up by 1

Level 11 plunder decreased by 20% and earn 6 fp
Level 12 plunder decreased by 21% and earn 6 fp
And so on

AT level 70 plunder would be decreased by 50%. From this point forward it should only be decreased by .5 every other level meaning at 110 it would reach 90%

From 90% reduction point on only fp should increase by 1 but for every level up

In more details:
In the event of a plunder you are building is counted is plundered even if you don't loose everything. This means it would not count toward quest or event missions if plundered. In other words if your 8 hour production was plundered you get to get some of what woukd have been stolen but that building would clearly not count toward a mission like collect 10 8 hour productions

Edited for typos

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Since this affects plunder, it's firmly covered by the DNSL so for me this proposal is DoA.

Once this GB hits level 10, it becomes an anti-attack GB. Why would a plunderer attack when they'll only get 80% of what they fought for, knowing you're then giving them 5 FPs? No.

So much else wrong with this idea, but not worth discussing since it's so clearly covered by the DNSL.

DeletedUser27392

Don't
TA
And every other defensive building also effect the plunder?
I was trying to creat a less extreme version of all the anti plunder ideas I've read in the past that never makes plundering impossible. Note it can already be impossible to plunder some who have like 600%or more defensive bonus

However I knew the idea would be shot down. Said is much at the start of it

DeletedUser27392

However I do now see where it says anything to lose limit plundering should not be brought up. Is such should I start a new thread to delete those watch towers bad bothersome defensive gbs

This will be last time I post here not worth it

DeletedUser32389

Look @Brent the Brave I was the same way when I started, that's why I didn't hit the forum until I had over a year in the game. Even then I came here with ideas I thought were great, only to find out that's not how the game works. This proposal for instance is completely backwards. No VF players complain about plundering, that's a noob complaint only. The only players that would want this building are the ones that can't afford it.

Take a look at my profile, I have many proposals, and some of them I thought were pretty good. Everyone gets cut down, don't take it personally

Jern2017

The Terracotta Army, Saint Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle, along with watchfires, ritual flames and other special buildings providing defense do not alter or limit plundering. They make it harder for someone to breach your defenses when they attack. At least that's how I interpret it.

Your proposed GB would certainly limit and alter plundering, since people having it would start getting not worth to plunder.

Most people that complained to me about plundering wouldn't even be able to afford leveling it, so a lot of "it's not fair" complaints would soon start appearing here.

With that being said, I do a lot of PVP and since we have the Atlantis Museum, offering a chance to double what you plunder, I wouldn't mind seeing a GB that gives a small percent of chance that the plunder is not successful. But, this again falls under the DNSL, so it's up to the developers to consider this.

DeletedUser27392

Look @Brent the Brave I was the same way when I started, that's why I didn't hit the forum until I had over a year in the game. Even then I came here with ideas I thought were great, only to find out that's not how the game works. This proposal for instance is completely backwards. No VF players complain about plundering, that's a noob complaint only. The only players that would want this building are the ones that can't afford it.

Take a look at my profile, I have many proposals, and some of them I thought were pretty good. Everyone gets cut down, don't take it personally

Actually I am a vf player at end of tech tree and have been playing over 2 years. I am in top 50 on my main world. And I usually get plundered at least one a day since I have a baby and can't collect of time. Most vf players realize the value of peace outweighs war. A few do not at least in s world. Would I use city space building this? Maybe be but mainly for the fp wich is why most vf players would. Is for anti plunder... Well I'm a plunder in some of my lesser worlds. All plunders read the complaints all time. I was trying to give a less extreme option to limit plundering. Heaven forbid we get 4 fp from a farm instead of 5.... The world will end. Well that's the impression I get. I personally would much prefer getting 4 and maybe people I plunder would make fp for me to steal off their farm since they know they get at least 1 fp to keep. Is it us now I often only steal from goods or things like the queen. These have known payouts. When I plunder a farm I get a booby prize is new players use farms is bait to stop plunders of other items

This is the 2nd time for brought Up a idea and the 2nd time it was violently shot down. I could better spend my free time playing the game vs giving my ideas to improve it when all any seem to want to do is (word I can't use here) on them

I never said it was a great idea. I'm was open to discussion of options or spin off ideas.

Like sorry
"Sorry Brent game designers said to never bring up ideas to limit plundering. I know some might like the idea but game designers don't want to hear it is stated in posting rules. How about it still gives fp but instead of protection goods
1) helps defending troops (much like many gbs already do)
2) has a chance to auto transform attracting rogues
3) creates a temp city shield (starting at like 10 mins for level 1 much like the travail can but created by a gb in this instance)

All these ideas and more for changes could have been tossed out but instead I'm met with
"There us to much wrong here to discuss "
And my thought is why did I waist my time

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

However this is the 2nd time for brought do thing up and the 2nd time it was violently shot down.

That's an extreme mischaracterization. Have you read this forum? A lot of proposals are met with a lot worse than this one was. I don't see anything "violent" in this thread at all.

Don't stop contributing and proposing unless you just don't want to hear differing opinions.

DeletedUser27392

I like my city shield idea above. It's a high tech kind of gb that fits in with vf age in design. It's also a already used idea via travrin. Meaning inno doesn't hate concept.

Abuse could be prevented by making it all but impossible to ever create a 24 hr shield no mater what level you make it. But yea so not worth my time to write up a new idea lol

DeletedUser27392

That's an extreme mischaracterization. Have you read this forum? A lot of proposals are met with a lot worse than this one was. I don't see anything "violent" in this thread at all.

Don't stop contributing and proposing unless you just don't want to hear differing opinions.
Is I said before I'm no longer going to contribute. However I did want to respond when directly spend men to

DeletedUser

Is I said before I'm no longer going to contribute. However I did want to respond when directly spend men to
I know this is going to shock some people, but I actually like this idea. It is, of course, on the Do Not Suggest List, but it is a completely different approach than we've seen from other proposals. I think it's a really intriguing concept, and pretty well thought out. Kudos from me!

Agent327

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get slushpuppy responses try to ignore it

DeletedUser32389

Actually I am a vf player at end of tech tree and have been playing over 2 years. I am in top 50 on my main world. And I usually get plundered at least one a day since I have a baby and can't collect of time.
Sorry I assumed, I'm 128 in my world and I get plundered once every few months. I think it's because I wake up at sunrise. That said I've had times where my job gets in the way, or my travel...
'm was open to discussion of options or spin off ideas
Ideas that let you play around your baby will all be alike. Plunder is the punishment for not collecting on time. From my point of view the only "suggestion" for limiting plunder in any way would have to demand the player to be logged in at the time to work, not be something you can invest in.

DeletedUser37331

There is an easy way to stop plundering without building anything - harvest your city when they (coins, supplies, goods, etc.) are ready.

DeletedUser21322

This can now be found in forge hall as it was not placed into proper format.

DeletedUser34800

Like it matters. It was DNSL to begin with, then when told that, the OP got defensive and ran away crying.

Just close it down.