• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forum Upgrade

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser32348

didn't expect forum color scheme to be bright (a little bit).
i like the old color scheme very much. is there a customization tool?

DevaCat

I had missed the (vanished) join dates. Yes, I'd like to see that return.

Another change, minor I guess but one I dislike, is the removal of the author's name and time stamp from the bottom of the post. I'm finding that on the longer posts I have to scroll back up to find out who wrote the stuff I just read.

(You can queue up the age and memory memes now ;))

DreadfulCadillac

MYY eyes are geytting killed by the second here, please give us a dark mode or change thecolor scheme all together as others have said...
EDIT:is there a way to #bringbacktheoldforum?

DreadfulCadillac

I had missed the (vanished) join dates. Yes, I'd like to see that return.

Another change, minor I guess but one I dislike, is the removal of the author's name and time stamp from the bottom of the post. I'm finding that on the longer posts I have to scroll back up to find out who wrote the stuff I just read.

(You can queue up the age and memory memes now ;))
AGREE SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
id want the vanished join dates back, and same with the removal of authors name and timestamp lol:D
EDIT:there are new emojis!?:eek:

Last edited:

Vger

MYY eyes are geytting killed by the second here, please give us a dark mode or change thecolor scheme all together as others have said...
EDIT:is there a way to #bringbacktheoldforum?
Yes...please do something...anything, even if it is wrong. I already voiced my opinion yesterday morning, but after 2 full days of this...I'm honestly getting a mild headache and find myself rubbing my eyes from trying to read this forum.
If it was just me then...shrug...OK. It's like 90+% of us, isn't it? And not just here in the US. Same on en and beta. And I bet it is no different on any of the others.

Can't someone do a quick CSS hack to stop the bleeding? Or just roll it back and get it right next time?
How did this turd get beyond internal/alpha testing? Maybe forum changes should be tested on beta too? (I get that may or may not be a practical thing to do). I think those that play beta save the rest of us from a lot of pain. I don't think they were given a chance to do that on this one.
FAIL.

RaveWolf

I love the new look... I see a lot complaining about the colour scheme. I haven't navigated or read enough to give my honest view or opinion yet, but so far, I think it's great. Looks a lot cleaner.

Quick update: I see I need to change my Signature now to fit the new colour scheme. Doh!

Super Catanian

And wondering why even the join date was removed from under the poster's name.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Now I have to go look at their profile. At least in the "Members" page, you can apparently see Forum birthdays.

And why they decided to crop Avatars into circles.
That sucks, too. People with text in their avatars (such as @Stephen Longshanks and @barra370804) are affected.

If anything, they should have added a status beyond Well-Known Member and perhaps additional trophies.

DeletedUser30312

I'm seeing black on a light background, so no trouble reading it here, and I did nothing to monkey with the settings.

It's a little annoying that the navigation features got moved to the top of the screen rather than the bottom. I hate when websites change their looks around and I have to relearn how to do things over again or if a feature I used is removed. I can accept it if it's done for security purposes, but find it irksome if it's just aesthetic in nature.

DeletedUser32558

NEW layout is too candy, high contrast is easier read and I cant find "How to change it".

qaccy

It's a rather big change, but it was also fairly significant the last time the forums got 'upgraded' and I can't even remember what they looked like when I first came here so I imagine I'll get used to this layout in time as well.

DeletedUser

The brightness is literally giving me a headache; absolutely need an option for a darker scheme.
Agree that many of the new, 'upgraded' features seem like 'change for change's sake', and most are not useful or welcome. Cropped Avatars are silly, but not vital. Removal of join date seems to serve no useful purpose, and it was a nice to know.
Maybe forum changes should be tested on beta too?
That is a very good suggestion; at the very least, a mock page could have been set up for folks to look at and provide some feedback on, before rolling this out. Not a well executed change at all.

DeletedUser40559

I'm pretty new here but this is way harder to read and the font is small on my 10 inch screen, I'd hate to see it on a phone!

DeletedUser40996

I'm pretty new here but this is way harder to read and the font is small on my 10 inch screen, I'd hate to see it on a phone!
Font is tiny . Good thing I can zoom in to make it readable on phone especially with the new Cream colored background

DeletedUser40996

This is way too hard to read an hurts my eyes. Please change back or add some customization or anything. I don't even want to be here any longer to read the other Forum parts.
Agree as it affects my eyes after just a few minutes as well and there's no option to change the color scheme (which there should be)

mamboking053

Colors will probably just take a little while to get used to. Plato’s cave and all that... But I actually like the colors and the look. So many nice changes happening in such a small period of time.

DeletedUser35256

Let us know if you have any feedback about the Forum Upgrade. We love to hear from you!

Your Forge of Empires Team
I love the new forum not so dark and gloomy any more less strain on the eyes!! (and im not old) lol

DeletedUser32348

can't upload Images or gif into signatures
why?
in case u're wondering about the signature below. it was uploaded way before the upgrade