• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Friend gets more coin and supplies from buildings (not boost related) - HELP!

• Thread starter DeletedUser38103
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser38103

So, I invited two of my coworkers to play this game a couple weeks ago and today we compared our cities (they are in the Early Middle Ages and I am in the Tomorrow age).
Coworker A shows us his base Cottage output from the build screen by hitting the "?" button and it shows "154 in 4 h" for coin supply. We then check ours and it is "110 in 4 h". What? How? Why?

Coworker A gets higher production rates (*BASE*) than both Coworker B and me on all houses (coins) and production (supplies) buildings. This doesn't make sense.

My boosts are 276% for coin and 347% for supplies. Coworker A gets 20% coin and 40% supplies, whereas Coworker B gets 32% coin and 36% supplies.
Building rebate boost from my guild is at 13%. Coworker A is 1% and Coworker B is 2%.

Everything points to me getting the highest output and Coworker B getting the second most output, but here is Coworker A getting the most!!!
Anyone have an answer for this? Seems SUPER unfair.
The only physical difference I can think of is Coworker A is on Apple and Coworker B and I are on Android. It'd be a darn shame if the brand phone you have determines how many coins and supplies you earn!!

Photos below of the issue.

12019-02-04_14.39.41.jpg 12019-02-04_14.37.43.jpg 12019-02-04_14.38.20.jpg

Super Catanian

It does have to do with the devices. Your device doesn't show the actual output when you tap on the cottage in the build menu. However, if you tap on an already built cottage in your city, you will see the actual output with all the boosts.
It seems that Coworker A's device does show the actual output of a cottage in his city just by tapping in the build menu.
Let me know if I need to clarify this. Thank you!

DeletedUser38103

20% boost on 110 is 132, not 154.
Also, when he views his cottage that is built, it says we will get 185, which is 20% more of 154.
So I am not buying your explanation in the slightest :(

Super Catanian

20% boost on 110 is 132, not 154.
Also, when he views his cottage that is built, it says we will get 185, which is 20% more of 154.
So I am not buying your explanation in the slightest :(
Hmm, that is weird. Are you sure no other boosts are active (tavern boosts, etc.)?
By the way, welcome to the forums!:)

DeletedUser38103

So, both coworkers have them placed. One will get 185 (with 20% boost) and one will get 145 (with 32% boost). That math does not equate!!!!

DeletedUser38103

Hmm, that is weird. Are you sure no other boosts are active (tavern boosts, etc.)?
By the way, welcome to the forums!:)
Thanks! tavern boosts show in the boosts page (as purple background). As you can see, neither have a boost for coin. Coworker A has a boost for supplies which should not affect coin, or even base production values.

Super Catanian

I'll have a hard time convincing coworker A to log out and log back in... lol
Why? You don't need to retype the username or password. If it's on mobile, all you have to do is log out, and tap on login once you do, since the username and password should be saved.

DeletedUser38103

Also, they feel they have been logged out and back in and recall it still being that value before and after because they did the math awhile ago to see what building would be best to have versus the other houses.

Super Catanian

Because they don't want the advantage to go away!! lol
Here is an excerpt of the game rules. It clearly mentions what we should do in the case of a bug:

7. Bugs

Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team. A player is not allowed to knowingly take advantage of bugs.

If you notice that a player is abusing a bug in the game you must report him.

If you notice a spelling error or typo, you are not obligated to report it, however you are encouraged to do so for the improvement of the game

DeletedUser38103

I'd like input from the devs or the like before we go reporting it as a bug.

DeletedUser38103

So, he just logged out and logged into a different server he started on initially before joining mine and he also has high production on his Stilt house and Longhouse than me. His Longhouse said would produce 200 coin per hour, where mine is 100 coin per hour. He is only Iron age in that server.

Super Catanian

So, he just logged out and logged into a different server he started on initially before joining mine and he also has high production on his Stilt house and Longhouse than me. His Longhouse said would produce 200 coin per hour, where mine is 100 coin per hour. He is only Iron age in that server.
Very weird indeed. :confused:o_O
Please tell your coworker to submit a ticket. You can do so in the link provided by @MandyTheAlabastard above. Thank you!

DeletedUser38103

I submitted a ticket. Why would me coworker submit a ticket? It's not his fault it's wonky. How would he have even known it was a bug? Everything displays correctly and adds up from his end.
Obviously, it's ethical to report such a thing now having known there's a difference, but it might simply be something we are overlooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.